Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Becoming A New Sharp Threshing Instrument

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Every day I am aware not only if I sin, but in various ways, I do sin. Some sins I'm ignorant of. My mind is constantly under attack from the evil one, God's enemy and mine. Your "threshing instrument" reminds me of crushing any known sin in my life. As the Holy Spirit reveals sin in my heart, I'm to confess and repent of those sins, thus removing them.

Isaiah 43:19 - Nothing compares to what I'm going to do with you says the Lord! Behold, I am going to do a brand new thing with you personally. See, I've already begun to do it. Don't you see it?

In the land of New Beginnings, we must remove the masks and veils that have formed in the past season so we can now form our “true” identity for the future. Isaiah 41:15 ("Behold, I will make you to be a new, sharp, threshing instrument which has teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, and shall make the hills like chaff) has become a key word for us. There is a new identity and authority for us in the invisible world. This will allow us to display the wisdom of God to the powers and principalities that have blocked you in past seasons.

When we catch a glimpse the new identity we have in Jesus Christ, we see sin to be the boring, useless, and stupid thing it really is and we turn more easily away from it. This other side has to do with the rich inheritance that we share in with Jesus Christ as co-heirs (see Romans 8:17; Ephesians 1:7, 11). We need to spend much more time confessing, not our sins, but who we are in Christ according to the teachings of the apostles. "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10:23).

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Isaiah 43:19 - Nothing compares to what I'm going to do with you says the Lord! Behold, I am going to do a brand new thing with you personally. See, I've already begun to do it. Don't you see it?

In the land of New Beginnings, we must remove the masks and veils that have formed in the past season so we can now form our “true” identity for the future. Isaiah 41:15 ("Behold, I will make you to be a new, sharp, threshing instrument which has teeth; you shall thresh the mountains and beat them small, and shall make the hills like chaff) has become a key word for us. There is a new identity and authority for us in the invisible world. This will allow us to display the wisdom of God to the powers and principalities that have blocked you in past seasons.

When we catch a glimpse the new identity we have in Jesus Christ, we see sin to be the boring, useless, and stupid thing it really is and we turn more easily away from it. This other side has to do with the rich inheritance that we share in with Jesus Christ as co-heirs (see Romans 8:17; Ephesians 1:7, 11). We need to spend much more time confessing, not our sins, but who we are in Christ according to the teachings of the apostles. "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10:23).

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY
Your interruption of the scriptures I do not agree with. You are mixing law and grace that will reactivate the sin nature in a Believers life. You have a understanding of the Cross for salvation...however, you do not have a understanding of the Cross for sanctification. Victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil is found in only the Cross of Christ. Confession of scriptures will bless you, however it will not give you victory over sin. Only faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross gives us victory. If your faith is not placed there you will stay under the dominion of the sin nature.

Paul gives a example of this when he tells us about the woman with two husbands:

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. Romans 7:1-4

Paul says in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

As Believers we are married to Christ. Christ is to meet our every need. And Christ alone can meet our every need. No one else can. Every blessing we receive from God the Father comes through Jesus Christ the Son. Made possible by the Cross of Christ.

When you shift your faith from Christ and the Cross you are committing SPIRITUAL ADULTERY!

Last edited:
Every day I am aware not only if I sin, but in various ways, I do sin. Some sins I'm ignorant of. My mind is constantly under attack from the evil one, God's enemy and mine. Your "threshing instrument" reminds me of crushing any known sin in my life. As the Holy Spirit reveals sin in my heart, I'm to confess and repent of those sins, thus removing them.

That is quite a brilliant deduction. Quite.

I deploy the "eternal damnation" scriptures to the evil one, just to remind him of what's in store. I know it. the evil one knows it.

It's a good reminder to that working of "evil present" with us. Romans 7:21.

BUT to say we don't have that problem causes us to fall into "lies and hypocrisy." In that the evil one pawns us, surreptitiously hidden in such claimants. They don't know who they are dealing with and where they are dealing with it, which is, as you correctly note, in our minds.

And yes, we are in constant seige mode, IF we are following Him.

I have heard the voices of demons cry out of people when I walk. Maybe not to the volume level that Jesus Experienced, but close enough for me to tell what's going on. And sadly, in a lot of believers who don't know what happens in our minds.

Matthew 15:
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

This is not presented as 'an option' by Jesus. It does happen. It happens where The Word is sown, and Satan comes to resist and insert thoughts against the LAW of God, thereby defiling "man" with evil, internal, in thought form. No man can "stop" this from happening because it is NOT MAN who is doing it.

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

It is NOT MAN that is defiled, but the EVIL ONE who has access to the mind/heart of man, and proves this 'defiling' is internal and of our adversary.

A believer who sees this WILL quickly learn the DIVISION of scripture and the departure from not just evil, but the EVIL ONE.

But if we see this as "only me" we'll never learn. We just keep trying to make the "evil one" something that he will never be. And such will chase their tails in an endless circle, trying futilely to make the 'evil one' behave. It won't and can't happen. The FIRE of God must be directed to our own thoughts and the source of the problem.

When we see this we'll also see why "disciples" must hate their own life and hate others. IT is not the persons that we hate, it is who? Yeah. Luke 14:26

When we see this we'll also see that it is NOT PEACE that Jesus brings. It is the opposite, it is WAR. A Sword! Flaming. Matt. 10:34

And even more, when we see this Chopper, we will come to know that the "whole world" and "all men" hate us. But it is NOT the persons, but our adversaries therein, in their minds, who WILL and DO show themselves to us, by Gods Own Command.

Mark 16:
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The recovery of the "sick" is not to flesh health, but to THE SPIRIT OF ETERNAL LIFE to that person. And, in the same breath, we CONDEMN our/their adversary to the fires of hell.

The Walking Living Word of the Gospel (Heb. 4:12) is to CUT people in half.

Acts 26:
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Anyone who walks In Him, will see these things before their own eyes. They will DIVIDE man from our adversary with His Two Edged Sword. One to eternal life. One to eternal damnation.

If God Elects them to see and believe, then GOD HIMSELF is at Work, on the Job.

Last edited:
That is quite a brilliant deduction. Quite.

I deploy the "eternal damnation" scriptures to the evil one, just to remind him of what's in store. I know it. the evil one knows it.

It's a good reminder to that working of "evil present" with us. Romans 7:21.

BUT to say we don't have that problem causes us to fall into "lies and hypocrisy." In that the evil one pawns us, surreptitiously hidden in such claimants. They don't know who they are dealing with and where they are dealing with it, which is, as you correctly note, in our minds.

And yes, we are in constant seige mode, IF we are following Him.

I have heard the voices of demons cry out of people when I walk. Maybe not to the volume level that Jesus Experienced, but close enough for me to tell what's going on. And sadly, in a lot of believers who don't know what happens in our minds.

Matthew 15:
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

This is not presented as 'an option' by Jesus. It does happen. It happens where The Word is sown, and Satan comes to resist and insert thoughts against the LAW of God, thereby defiling "man" with evil, internal, in thought form. No man can "stop" this from happening because it is NOT MAN who is doing it.

Mark 7:
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

It is NOT MAN that is defiled, but the EVIL ONE who has access to the mind/heart of man, and proves this 'defiling' is internal and of our adversary.

A believer who sees this WILL quickly learn the DIVISION of scripture and the departure from not just evil, but the EVIL ONE.

But if we see this as "only me" we'll never learn. We just keep trying to make the "evil one" something that he will never be. And such will chase their tails in an endless circle, trying futilely to make the 'evil one' behave. It won't and can't happen. The FIRE of God must be directed to our own thoughts and the source of the problem.

When we see this we'll also see why "disciples" must hate their own life and hate others. IT is not the persons that we hate, it is who? Yeah. Luke 14:26

When we see this we'll also see that it is NOT PEACE that Jesus brings. It is the opposite, it is WAR. A Sword! Flaming. Matt. 10:34

And even more, when we see this Chopper, we will come to know that the "whole world" and "all men" hate us. But it is NOT the persons, but our adversaries therein, in their minds, who WILL and DO show themselves to us, by Gods Own Command.

Mark 16:
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The recovery of the "sick" is not to flesh health, but to THE SPIRIT OF ETERNAL LIFE to that person. And, in the same breath, we CONDEMN our/their adversary to the fires of hell.

The Walking Living Word of the Gospel (Heb. 4:12) is to CUT people in half.

Acts 26:
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Anyone who walks In Him, will see these things before their own eyes. They will DIVIDE man from our adversary with His Two Edged Sword. One to eternal life. One to eternal damnation.

If God Elects them to see and believe, then GOD HIMSELF is at Work, on the Job.

Thank you so very much, my learned, holy Friend. You will never know, this side of Glory, what your reply to my post has meant to me this day. In the Spirit, you received a message from Elohim for my education and encouragement. The insight that you have really rocked my boat, as they say.

For the first time, in my 40 years of being a bond slave to my Master Jesus Christ, I'm lost as what to do. 30 years of being a Christian Psychologist, and helping others to be delivered from various assaults from the kingdom of darkness, has left me ignorant of the trial that I'm passing thru. I, thru the Holy Spirit, always had the words to comfort and help others, but now that I face the worst test that I've ever encountered, I don't know what to do. My mind just won't latch onto my own deliverance....I need your help.

My Son Skip and I have, for about a year now, have pursued a holy life, and a great thirst for God's Word to draw us ever so close to Christ Jesus. We have been called of God to minister to folk who are demonized. This spiritual warfare ministry has made the enemy of our souls very angry, and he has declared war on Skip and me. This is the first time that I have reached out to anyone about my miserable situation.

In the early Summer, Skip was hit with a bad stroke that destroyed a small amount of brain cells. That stroke destroyed his normal life patterns. He now is fighting to bring back his memory, drive to accomplish jobs around his house, and drive to just keep going in our ministry to help others....Me? I've been hit with a terrible depression that has just about consumed every part of my life. My doctor is aware of my situation and is trying to help.

At first, the devil hit me with stomach pain that no one in the medical field knows what's wrong. I do, it's spiritual. Presently, I'm calling on the Holy Spirit to search out my heart and alert me to the sins that I need to seek forgiveness for and repent. Since the stomach pain didn't stop me from God using me, this depression has really effected my mind so that I can't think clearly.

An interesting side note is, Skip suffers from the same kind of depression that I'm under. His depression came on him at the same time mine came on me. We are seeking our Master for help. Perhaps you can help us, or someone else. I have a huge respect for your wisdom in the things of God, and I honor your love for Jesus.

It is painful, very painful, beyond what I care to share, to go through "Job" equivalent moments of our lives. But I have passed through them, not just once. I did not come out the other side without deep and lasting scars. You never really do come out, but become progressively "less."

Job probed these matters, deeply. What he found out in the end is that God, in His Sovereignty, can elect to deal with the evil present within us "extremely" adversely. And it will cause a man to hang his head very very low, in His Presence, seeking His Grace and Mercy knowing His Dominion and knowing our need. I am a very weak and needy man in this pile of dust and ashes.

Unmerited favor is that. Unmerited. From my perspective, all I could do is to put one foot in front of the other and keep walking. But I had no reason to. That was all I could muster. And eventually, it passed. But I left most of what I was before, behind me. Not looking back. I never wanted my own life to start with, but His Life.

I would trade all things for the briefest moment in His Presence and His Touch. But to hear from God means things that most of us do not want to hear or to bear.

Galatians 6:3
For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

We are less prone to damage when we understand that as nothing, do we even exist? I believe I may have left myself hanging at the cross. That man couldn't go any further.

There is nothing left to hurt, after one loses all.

Deliverance ministry is an ugly place. To hear devils speak from their pawns, mocking. But ya gotta tell it like it is. Love the person, and hold up Gods FIRE to the other. Get the two, in order. And expect them to come "after" you in your step by step life in Him. We walk toward the Head, not the tail.

God will see to it that the waters collapse upon the enemies. We just keep walking.

Last edited:
Thank you friend, for your godly reply. What you wrote, does help, it's a beginning to lift me up out of the miry clay. There is something from our Master Jesus for me to learn from this statement of yours to me....
There is nothing left to hurt, after one loses all.

Right now, all I can do is meditate on what you wrote and especially the above quote. Please! Thru the Spirit of God, can you help me understand, after I loose all, there's nothing else to hurt?

For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

I am guilty of the verse, your quote, of Galatians 6:3. At the time that I was born again in 1974, I owned a very successful Printing Company in Portland, Maine. Because of my personal salesmanship, and connections with large businesses that needed my services, it all went to my head and produced a tremendous amount of pride. I have had to fight against that awful sin called pride. Satan has used pride as a very successful weapon to stir up the evil, sinful nature of my flesh. I still catch myself basking in certain spiritual accomplishments, when I should be giving our Lord glory and praise, rather than patting me on the back. In reality, I'm robbing Jesus the Son of God from the glory that belongs to Him, not me.

There is nothing left to hurt, after one loses all. If I can be delivered from personal pride, and reckon myself to be nothing, pride, under the power of the evil one, who is the enemy of my soul, will have nothing to inflate. He can't inflate pride, if there's nothing to inflate!!

Please Teacher, am I on the right track? Or do I need to examine a different source of sin? Thru the power of the Holy Spirit, God has made you aware of sin area's in my heart. Because of this, I trust you because you wouldn't be able to teach me what you've written thus far if our Lord was not involved in giving you this revelation into my heart.....Would you please continue to seek the Lord concerning what I need to confess and repent of, thank you my Brother. I love You!! :hug

Thank you friend, for your godly reply. What you wrote, does help, it's a beginning to lift me up out of the miry clay. There is something from our Master Jesus for me to learn from this statement of yours to me....

Right now, all I can do is meditate on what you wrote and especially the above quote. Please! Thru the Spirit of God, can you help me understand, after I loose all, there's nothing else to hurt?

I am guilty of the verse, your quote, of Galatians 6:3. At the time that I was born again in 1974, I owned a very successful Printing Company in Portland, Maine. Because of my personal salesmanship, and connections with large businesses that needed my services, it all went to my head and produced a tremendous amount of pride. I have had to fight against that awful sin called pride. Satan has used pride as a very successful weapon to stir up the evil, sinful nature of my flesh. I still catch myself basking in certain spiritual accomplishments, when I should be giving our Lord glory and praise, rather than patting me on the back. In reality, I'm robbing Jesus the Son of God from the glory that belongs to Him, not me.

There is nothing left to hurt, after one loses all. If I can be delivered from personal pride, and reckon myself to be nothing, pride, under the power of the evil one, who is the enemy of my soul, will have nothing to inflate. He can't inflate pride, if there's nothing to inflate!!

Please Teacher, am I on the right track? Or do I need to examine a different source of sin? Thru the power of the Holy Spirit, God has made you aware of sin area's in my heart. Because of this, I trust you because you wouldn't be able to teach me what you've written thus far if our Lord was not involved in giving you this revelation into my heart.....Would you please continue to seek the Lord concerning what I need to confess and repent of, thank you my Brother. I love You!! :hug

God looks upon us all with TWO EYES. One Eye, with the Life of His Son, secure upon us. And the Other Eye, against the evil present with us. It is both a glorious and pitiful stare, simultaneously, that the flesh of no believer avoids. Precisely to rip one apart from the other. But, as you noted truthfully prior, the life we live in the flesh can not see everything this side of Glory. We do NOT avoid the co-occupancy of evil present in the flesh. Evil present is a "fixed matter" for the flesh of all mankind. To say it is not so leads us into hypocrisy. To try to justify it, into lies.

There are TWO WALLS in scripture. On one side, there is judgment, eternal damnation, wrath. On the other, eternal life and every good and perfect matter of God in Christ.

In our present courses we can not sway to either side, just as the people who 'crossed' over the Red Sea could not sway, to the left or to the right.

To go entirely to one side, into eternal life only, evil present can not pass through. To take eternal life into damnation, also will not walk. There are TWO measures, one not meant for the other.

Therefore we walk between these TWO WALLS and these TWO EYES of God upon us presently. There is LIFE to us in the eternal wrath quotients, because it is Gods FAVOR to judge against that evil present in our own flesh. This is a hard place to find.

The evil present that we are bound with, in our flesh, is not us. It is the spirit of disobedience, it is the presence of indwelling sin, not forensic, therefore "adverse spiritual working" that God Himself has bound "all flesh" with. Romans 11:32. This is meant to bring us exactly to the point where only His Mercy prevails to us, His children. But there is no justification available to the spirit of disobedience, and this can not be removed from the flesh. We do not share, one with the other. The spirit of disobedience forces the child of God to RUN headlong into His Mercy. Just as pharaoh pursued the children of God, forcing and sending them OUT, into the promised land.

We are, in short, prisoners of HOPE in and at His Mercy. But it will only extend to one party, Gods child, who you ARE. That is not however all that goes on in the flesh, as you seem to know. There is another working therein that is not us, as Gods children, just as there was with Paul in 2 Cor. 12:7 or with John in 1 John 3:8 or just as it is with all unbelieving mankind in 2 Cor. 4:4. How long did you, personally, judge and condemn the wrong party, like I DID? I am through with THEIR imposed BLINDNESS.

How long do we read this from Paul, and NOT see our present construct in the flesh, the lump of clay, ME? How long did you read it and never see "me?" But saw it rather, as you and some other guy or nation or person and only "you" as the vessel of mercy, completely incognizant of the vessel of dishonor, the evil present with us in our flesh?

Romans 9:
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Yes Chopper, we do have a vessel of dishonor bound together with us in our own flesh, that we come to know HIS MERCY and our need of it. It will pursue us until we cross over. And God hardens that vessel to IT's eventual demise on that Great Day of Wrath.

So, we face Christ with His Two Eyes upon us. One He Lifts. The other, He hardens and condemns. The later will keep the children of God from seeing this present reality in the flesh.

Luke 16:8
And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

We face spiritual adversaries who have been here on earth for a lot longer than us. They are quite adept at blinding and binding the flesh. The Light of God in Christ however, WILL SEE THEM for what they are. We, yes, WE, bring the enemies before Him in our own flesh. The angels we judge are our OWN wicked messengers therein, in the flesh.

Luke 19:
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Last edited:
Thank you smaller. That helps me a lot. Now I'll study closely, what you've written and meditate on it. Many thanks. God bless you with grace and favor.

Thank you smaller. That helps me a lot. Now I'll study closely, what you've written and meditate on it. Many thanks. God bless you with grace and favor.

Just remember we are under siege in the flesh. There is no "release" from this battle. It is a battle that each warrior of God in Christ must face, with Him, in us. I can point another to the battle, but I can not bear The Sword, which Christ Alone gives each Warrior of His to bear.

Romans 7:23
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

We are not on friendly terms with our enemies, who we war against. When we forget the war and the warriors we ARE engaged with, we have been "temporarily" sidelined by them.

In Christ we stand as people of faith who are AT WAR.

Thank you for that warning my friend. I will, to the best of my ability, led by the Spirit of God, stay vigilant to the attacks of Satan. He is very clever in his disguises as my helper, BUT, my Helper is the Holy Spirit, and I'll try to stay in fellowship with Him, and heed His warnings.

If you sense any more instruction for me, please let me know....I love You my Brother. :hug

Chopper, I have read your conversation here with smaller, and I have prayed about it and will continue to meditate upon it. In the mean time, your comments that I have quoted reminded me of a conversation we had this past April in a another thread.

http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/say-not-in-thine-heart.64201/

For the first time, in my 40 years of being a bond slave to my Master Jesus Christ, I'm lost as what to do. 30 years of being a Christian Psychologist, and helping others to be delivered from various assaults from the kingdom of darkness, has left me ignorant of the trial that I'm passing thru. I, thru the Holy Spirit, always had the words to comfort and help others, but now that I face the worst test that I've ever encountered, I don't know what to do. My mind just won't latch onto my own deliverance....I need your help.

In that thread I made a comment and suggestion in post #16, your reply was in post #17. What can you tell me about your response today?

I was hoping that you would jump into my conversation with smaller. You have been so helpful to me in the past with very good instructions....My response today? I will do what you say about not studying the Scriptures for a while. I'm not sure that I can last for 40 days. I'll leave that in the capable hands and will of the Holy Spirit.

Right now, I feel an excitement in my heart/spirit that something good is waiting for me. In fact, once I send this reply out to you, I will talk with the Spirit of God, to begin a time of fellowship with Him....Thank you for your help....I'm in such need spiritually right now, that your instruction to drop the Bible for a season makes sense.

When the children of Israel wandered in the desert they were given their daily bread, they were fed with manna from heaven that they were to gather their portion daily. Do you recall what happened to the bread/manna when when they took more than they could eat and lay it up for themselves?

When the children of Israel wandered in the desert they were given their daily bread, they were fed with manna from heaven that they were to gather their portion daily. Do you recall what happened to the bread/manna when when they took more than they could eat and lay it up for themselves?
A legit observation. We can observe how Gods Living Conveyances were deployed to people of the past. But there is also this for each of us today, found interestingly in "Lamentations."

Lamentations 3:
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

I believe the manna turned rancid, and developed worms....Now, what is my lesson in this?

I believe the manna turned rancid, and developed worms....Now, what is my lesson in this?

First, I would say you are correct, your memory has served you well. As to what is your lesson in this? Is there something that you got out of it? Is there a lesson you could derive from it?

First, I would say you are correct, your memory has served you well. As to what is your lesson in this? Is there something that you got out of it? Is there a lesson you could derive from it?

The lesson is that my Bible reading might be like the manna.

I have started what you suggested. I've not studied the Scriptures since yesterday. Since I've never done this, I don't know how to start. I've waited on the Holy Spirit, seeking His communion, and nothing is happening. Now, my Son Skip is going thru what I'm going thru. I would like you to start a "conversation" with me, you being our Tutor, I'll invite Skip to join us because he is in agreement with putting down the Bible and to have you teach us how to go about receiving from the Holy Spirit like what you're doing. Is that possible?

Chopper,
"I would like you to start a "conversation" with me, you being our Tutor, I'll invite Skip to join us because he is in agreement with putting down the Bible and to have you teach us how to go about receiving from the Holy Spirit like what you're doing. Is that possible?"

If you will send me your e-mail address we can get started.
alfinch2975@yahoo.com

Back