Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Being strongly urged to pray for someone Everytime they enter my mind

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Years ago i liked this girl, she came from a Christian background and i just ended up falling for her hard, it ended with her rejecting me and i just moved on but about 3ish years ago we became friends again. She got really went wild after we stopped talking and is currently not in good shape spiritually (I'm not living the best lifestyle atm either but i still believe everything i was taught and love the Lord.). Since years ago i nnever seemed to like anyone else like i did with her. At one point when i liked her i swore she was the one, and when it all crashed down it was a hard pill to swallow. Throughout the years i would find someone attractive but anytime she entered my mind it'd suck any desire to like that person out of me and i couldn't help but realize it's like i can't seem to like anyone else. I had thought I'd been over her now for a long time but it's like idk i just can't like anyone like i have with her. Recently we with two other friends went ice skating and i casually helped/taught her skate and held her hand most of the time and idk it kinda stirred up some old feelings and i tried to put them in their place but now every time she comes to mind the holy spirit just digs at me to pray for her in some way, i can't get any peace until and stop what I'm doing and pray for her and her current lifestyle. I know this sounds like I'm obsessed or i "can't let go" but it's not my choice, i shouldn't like her, she's not even wife or any relationship material atm but it's like out of my control cause I've came up with lists of things i find unattractive about her, given myself reason after reason and the feelings won't go away and now I'm being urged to pray for her and it's just making those feelings worse. I need advice.

The lady in question obviously needs your prayers from what you have said about her and also the Holy Spirit prompting you to pray for her seals the deal . Yes , keep praying for her and also pray that God will give you the discernment you need concerning a relationship with the lady .

Hi Christminded18 and welcome to CF :wave2

My best advice would be to just be friends for now and don't let it go any further. Since she came from a Christian background, in subtle ways try to bring up conversations about Jesus as you pray first as the Holy Spirit will give you the words to speak to her. Feel her out in a sense how she feels about Jesus or why she is no longer close to Him, but if she refuses to talk to you about it, just keep the friendship and speak bits and pieces every so often and see what happens and will be praying for the both of you.

Either stay friends if shes not impeding on your spiritual growth or move on. James chapter 6. If your shepherd with spirtual sight. Your responsibility is to plant seeds for God, share truth. Theirs lost souls in the world headed for hell. Did it ever occur to you that mabey the Lord doesn't want you involved with someone. The priority needs to be focused on Jesus and planting seeds for God. I can't have girl friend. God's Election dont have free will, first Peter chapter 1. My duty is solely to plant seeds for God. There could be reason for your situation. Jesus says in gospel of Luke, anyone who puts their hands to the plough and looks back isnt fit for kingdom of God. Distractions get in the way of serving God. We can't lose focus, and take our eyes off Jesus. You must decide for yourself.

Back