Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Verse of the Day: September 15, 2021

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Sister

CF Ambassador

titus-2-11-12-2.jpg

Hey sister.

Had some time to post a few things today. About this passage, I agree with his explanation. There are some that seem to emphasize grace without laying equal stress on the purpose of it, which is not just to get us to Heaven but purify us unto good works.

For the saving grace of God appeared unto all men, instructing us that, having denied ungodliness and worldly desires, we should live in a sober, righteous and godly manner in the present age, awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness and purify unto Himself a special people, zealous of good works.

Some read it as if it ends with, "who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all lawlessness," but the purpose was not simply to redeem us but purify us and make us zealous to manifest the Spirit of grace in our lives through good works. I think the lack of stress on that last part causes some to fizzle out in their spiritual lives. They either hear very little emphasis on how His grace should make them zealous for good works, or they only hear about things they can do for their church, and when these lose their appeal, they fall back to simply relying on grace rather than manifest a significant part of what that grace was given for.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Hope you are having a blessed evening.
Hidden

Back