Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Big Project

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

In nearly 50 years of photography, I've accumulated thousands of images of family, as well as gathering images shot earlier by parents and grandparents. I'm now in the process of digitizing it all for my kids. About 1200 images done now, but lots more to go. Have them in prints, slides, polaroids, and unprinted negatives. Big job, but worth the effort.

From around 1975, my family. Shot with just one flash unit on an umbrella reflector, using patio curtains as back lighting. It looks better than the print I have on the Family Wall at home; digital processing has really made it easy to get the best out of a negative.
52908810193_3d1f4701dc_b.jpg

Mrs. Barbarian and I finished up our wills not long ago. We let the kids know about it and said that they would have to work out among themselves how to divide up the household stuff. The only issue so far is who gets to keep the rocker. Apparently, they all have good memories of being rocked in that chair.

Last edited:
Sending out another 250 images to everyone. And I found another package of images. Maybe 2000 images in total. I burned a lot of film in those days.

My father was a photographer back in the 1930-40s and did his own developing. I finished scanning his negatives and prints a while back. Well worth the effort.
Following generations will treasure much of that; I wish I had more images of my parents and grandparents.

Back