Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Blessings from Melbourne

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mertoa

Hello family in-Christ,
I came to CF/net a few weeks ago casually exploring the site and found time to stop by to say hello.
I'm a Christian artisan and ex secular graphic designer originally from New Zealand. Ive been studying the bible almost everyday with a love for the truth as a guide through this deceptive world.
I totally trust Gods word, wisdom, patience and love, and give my sincererity and respect for those who seek Him, find Him.and defend the reason for their faith.
I know God is real from answered prayer, to His messages revealed and through His fingerprint in all He has created. After a few years of daily research from many good ministries and scientists discoveries, I can strongly defend the existence of God against His enemies with, or without referring to the Bible.

So I'll be looking forward to meeting everyone and to say thank you to Eugene for his warm and friendly welcome.
(P.S) I know I don't look like an orthodox jew with small round specs, but muslims aren't complaining,... they just let me through) :shades

God Willing, take care
Mertoa

You're welcome Brother Mertoa, it's good to see you return, and with your testimony alongside your Jewish heritage, it will be interesting to read of your doctrine and perspectives of our Christian walk in Christ. Prayerfully we can reply to you as we read in 1 Pet 3:15, But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
:wave2

Mertoa

Welcome.
I am pretty much a fingerprint, footprint, kidney function person. I will be looking forward to some of your posts.

eddif

You're welcome Brother Mertoa, it's good to see you return, and with your testimony alongside your Jewish heritage, it will be interesting to read of your doctrine and perspectives of our Christian walk in Christ. Prayerfully we can reply to you as we read in 1 Pet 3:15, But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
:wave2

Thanks Eugene, I love that verse. I was also joking about being Jewish :) I am Maori. Yes I do have some perspectives about doctrine which I'll ask where it would be best to place in the forums.

Thanks Eugene, I love that verse. I was also joking about being Jewish :) I am Maori. Yes I do have some perspectives about doctrine which I'll ask where it would be best to place in the forums.
Gotcha. :) It ought to be interesting; few agree with even part of what I expound. As to Orthodox Jews, unless they have Gold, Silver, or stein attached to their names I think that they are probably proselytes.

Gotcha. :) It ought to be interesting; few agree with even part of what I expound. As to Orthodox Jews, unless they have Gold, Silver, or stein attached to their names I think that they are probably proselytes.

I totally understand you brother: when it comes to explaining sensitive issues to another ministry who hold alternative views. Its also interesting to see debates about Jewish privileges whether religious proselytes are God fearing, circumcised or baptised into two other categories of Righteous or Gate proselytes.

okaaaaaay, god, silver and stein, are Ashkenazim. there are orthodoxy Sephardic jews and Yemeni jews. the later don't have the common names we know. i fit the larger of the three.

There's a tribe of Jews with the name of jasonc as part of their name? :)
Ashkenazi names can be a gentile name as all that you listed are as such. mine is a hybrid of that cranman. im Ashkenazi but my name is really its original form cramia, that should really ring a bell, that is where we are from CRIMEA, some jewish names are that way. each of those cultures(not tribes) have unique things to them. Ashkenazi are the jews whom settled in Europa, except spain. Spanish jews are those that settled in spain to include Portugal and the Yemeni jews lived in Yemen. that doesn't mean they didn't move latter on. Sephardic jews did and still retained their culture.yiddish which many in family speak is common to Ashkenazi.

Ashkenazi names can be a gentile name as all that you listed are as such. mine is a hybrid of that cranman. im Ashkenazi but my name is really its original form cramia, that should really ring a bell, that is where we are from CRIMEA, some jewish names are that way. each of those cultures(not tribes) have unique things to them. Ashkenazi are the jews whom settled in Europa, except spain. Spanish jews are those that settled in spain to include Portugal and the Yemeni jews lived in Yemen. that doesn't mean they didn't move latter on. Sephardic jews did and still retained their culture.yiddish which many in family speak is common to Ashkenazi.

I think I remember that there were/are Sephardic Jews that settled in southern France and then Ashkenazi in northern France, Lacerne, that was part of Germany for awhile and then France got it back.
Lexy's great, great grandparents, paternal side, came from Lacerne. Not Jewish as far as anyone knows. But that is how I learned about the Jewish communities in France.

EDIT: NOT Lacerne, but Lorraine. Sorry about that, I dug out the papers.

Last edited:
A broken heart
Why did you move to Melbourne?

The weather here is super cold actually
A broken heart and both the memories and pain that reminded me of it. It was best for me to move away until those memories subsided. Thats how I came to the Lord. I'm over it now.

Back