Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Book of Jubilees [Chapter 6]

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Book of Jubilees [Chapter 6] See verse 32-38

1 And on the new moon of the third month he went
forth from the ark, and built an altar on
2 that mountain. And he made atonement for the
earth, and took a kid and made atonement by its
blood for all the guilt of the earth; for
everything that had been on it had been destroyed,
save
3 those that were in the ark with Noah. And he
placed the fat thereof on the altar, and he took
an ox, and a goat, and a sheep and kids, and salt,
and a turtle-dove, and the young of a dove, and
placed a burnt sacrifice on the altar, and poured
thereon an offering mingled with oil, and
sprinkled wine and strewed frankincense over
everything, and caused a goodly savour to arise,
acceptable before
4 the Lord. And the Lord smelt the goodly savour,
and He made a covenant with him that there should
not be any more a flood to destroy the earth; that
all the days of the earth seed-time and harvest
should never cease; cold and heat, and summer and
winter, and day and night should not
5 change their order, nor cease for ever. 'And
you, increase ye and multiply upon the earth, and
become many upon it, and be a blessing upon it.
The fear of you and the dread of you I will
6 inspire in everything that is on earth and in
the sea. And behold I have given unto you all
beasts, and all winged things, and everything that
moves on the earth, and the fish in the waters,
and all
7 things for food; as the green herbs, I have
given you all things to eat. But flesh, with the
life thereof, with the blood, ye shall not eat;
for the life of all flesh is in the blood, lest
your blood of your lives be required. At the hand
of every man, at the hand of every (beast) will I
require the
8 blood of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood by man
shall his blood be shed, for in the image of
9,10 God made He man. And you, increase ye, and
multiply on the earth.' And Noah and his sons
swore that they would not eat any blood that was
in any flesh, and he made a covenant before the
11 Lord God for ever throughout all the
generations of the earth in this month. On this
account He spake to thee that thou shouldst make a
covenant with the children of Israel in this month
upon the mountain with an oath, and that thou
shouldst sprinkle blood upon them because of all
the words
12 of the covenant, which the Lord made with them
for ever. And this testimony is written concerning
you that you should observe it continually, so
that you should not eat on any day any blood of
beasts or birds or cattle during all the days of
the earth, and the man who eats the blood of beast
or of cattle or of birds during all the days of
the earth, he and his seed shall be rooted out of
the land.
13 And do thou command the children of Israel to
eat no blood, so that their names and their seed
14 may be before the Lord our God continually. And
for this law there is no limit of days, for it is
for ever. They shall observe it throughout their
generations, so that they may continue
supplicating on your behalf with blood before the
altar; every day and at the time of morning and
evening they shall seek forgiveness on your behalf
perpetually before the Lord that they may keep
15 it and not be rooted out. And He gave to Noah
and his sons a sign that there should not again
16 be a flood on the earth. He set His bow in the
cloud for a sign of the eternal covenant that
there
17 should not again be a flood on the earth to
destroy it all the days of the earth. For this
reason it is ordained and written on the heavenly
tablets, that they should celebrate the feast of
weeks in this
18 month once a year, to renew the covenant every
year. And this whole festival was celebrated in
heaven from the day of creation till the days of
Noah -twenty-six jubilees and five weeks of years
[1309-1659 A.M.]: and Noah and his sons observed
it for seven jubilees and one week of years, till
the day of Noah's death, and from the day of
Noah's death his sons did away with (it) until the
days of Abraham, and
19 they eat blood. But Abraham observed it, and
Isaac and Jacob and his children observed it up to
thy days, and in thy days the children of Israel
forgot it until ye celebrated it anew on this
mountain.
20 And do thou command the children of Israel to
observe this festival in all their generations for
a
21 commandment unto them: one day in the year in
this month they shall celebrate the festival. For
it is the feast of weeks and the feast of first
fruits: this feast is twofold and of a double
nature:
22 according to what is written and engraven
concerning it, celebrate it. For I have written in
the book of the first law, in that which I have
written for thee, that thou shouldst celebrate it
in its season, one day in the year, and I
explained to thee its sacrifices that the children
of Israel should remember and should celebrate it
throughout their generations in this month, one
day in every year.
23 And on the new moon of the first month, and on
the new moon of the fourth month, and on the new
moon of the seventh month, and on the new moon of
the tenth month are the days of remembrance, and
the days of the seasons in the four divisions of
the year. These are written and ordained
24 as a testimony for ever. And Noah ordained them
for himself as feasts for the generations for
ever,
25 so that they have become thereby a memorial
unto him. And on the new moon of the first month
he was bidden to make for himself an ark, and on
that (day) the earth became dry and he opened
26 (the ark) and saw the earth. And on the new
moon of the fourth month the mouths of the depths
of the abyss beneath were closed. And on the new
moon of the seventh month all the mouths of
27 the abysses of the earth were opened, and the
waters began to descend into them. And on the new
28 moon of the tenth month the tops of the
mountains were seen, and Noah was glad. And on
this account he ordained them for himself as
feasts for a memorial for ever, and thus are they
ordained.
29 And they placed them on the heavenly tablets,
each had thirteen weeks; from one to another
(passed) their memorial, from the first to the
second, and from the second to the third, and from
the
30 third to the fourth. And all the days of the
commandment will be two and fifty weeks of days,
and (these will make) the entire year complete.
Thus it is engraven and ordained on the heavenly
31 tablets. And there is no neglecting (this
commandment) for a single year or from year to
year.
32 And command thou the children of Israel that
they observe the years according to this
reckoning- three hundred and sixty-four days, and
(these) will constitute a complete year, and they
will not disturb its time from its days and from
its feasts; for everything will fall out in them
according to
33 their testimony, and they will not leave out
any day nor disturb any feasts. But if they do
neglect and do not observe them according to His
commandment, then they will disturb all their
seasons and the years will be dislodged from this
(order), [and they will disturb the seasons and
the years
34 will be dislodged] and they will neglect their
ordinances. And all the children of Israel will
forget and will not find the path of the years,
and will forget the new moons, and seasons, and
sabbaths
35 and they will go wrong as to all the order of
the years. For I know and from henceforth will I
declare it unto thee, and it is not of my own
devising; for the book (lies) written before me,
and on the heavenly tablets the division of days
is ordained, lest they forget the feasts of the
covenant
36 and walk according to the feasts of the
Gentiles after their error and after their
ignorance. For there will be those who will
assuredly make observations of the moon -how (it)
disturbs the
37 seasons and comes in from year to year ten days
too soon. For this reason the years will come upon
them when they will disturb (the order), and make
an abominable (day) the day of testimony, and an
unclean day a feast day, and they will confound
all the days, the holy with the unclean, and the
unclean day with the holy; for they will go wrong
as to the months and sabbaths and feasts and
38 jubilees. For this reason I command and testify
to thee that thou mayst testify to them; for after
thy death thy children will disturb (them), so
that they will not make the year three hundred and
sixty-four days only, and for this reason they
will go wrong as to the new moons and seasons and
sabbaths and festivals, and they will eat all
kinds of blood with all kinds of flesh.

I like the book of Jubilees. I have the book itself and you can easily find it on the Internet. It keeps very detailed chronological data based on the lunar-based calendar the ancient Hebrews used and even before then it was kept. Since that passage mentioned the first month, this year Passover falls on the evening of March 29 (Nisan 14 into 15).

This passage also explains in detail the significance of the blood, as Adam's and Noah's race was created in the image of God (c.f. Genesis 1:26)

tim_from_pa said:
I like the book of Jubilees. I have the book itself and you can easily find it on the Internet. It keeps very detailed chronological data based on the lunar-based calendar the ancient Hebrews used and even before then it was kept. Since that passage mentioned the first month, this year Passover falls on the evening of March 29 (Nisan 14 into 15).

This passage also explains in detail the significance of the blood, as Adam's and Noah's race was created in the image of God (c.f. Genesis 1:26)
Noah was the first white man born. Adam is the beginning of the human race.

mdo757 said:
tim_from_pa said:

Yeah, I believe so, although I did not see Noah personally to say that dogmatically. :biggrin One of the apocryphal books talk about Noah being excessively white (sounds almost like an albino)

As for the calendar, I like the book of Jubilees for that reason, and I follow the Hebrew calendar, the feasts and the new moons and observation of the moon and the seasons.

tim_from_pa said:
mdo757 said:
[quote="tim_from_pa":wjk7oita]I like the book of Jubilees. I have the book itself and you can easily find it on the Internet. It keeps very detailed chronological data based on the lunar-based calendar the ancient Hebrews used and even before then it was kept. Since that passage mentioned the first month, this year Passover falls on the evening of March 29 (Nisan 14 into 15).

Yeah, I believe so, although I did not see Noah personally to say that dogmatically. :biggrin One of the apocryphal books talk about Noah being excessively white (sounds almost like an albino)

As for the calendar, I like the book of Jubilees for that reason, and I follow the Hebrew calendar, the feasts and the new moons and observation of the moon and the seasons.[/quote:wjk7oita]
Do you mean that you keep the Holy Hebrew Calendar and not the Civil Hebrew Calendar? Are you a Orthodox Jew or Messianic? Or are you a Judaic Christian? Using the Holy Hebrew Calendar the Holy days always come on the same day of the week. Example: Preparation day is always on friday, Passover is always Saturday the 14th beginning friday evening, and Unleavened Bread always the 15th on Sunday, beginning Saturday evening. The Holy Hebrew Calendar is self correcting evey 28 years, due to the cycles of the moon.

tim_from_pa said:
mdo757 said:
Are you aware that there is about 140 years missing from the Civil Hebrew Calendar? 5760=5900

Explain to me why there are 140 years error.
To prove Bar Kochba was the Messiah to come, the Rabbis subtracted years from the calendar. I have not seen the historical article in years, but carbon dates have confirmed this. In the opening phrases of a Jewish letter from this period deserves to be quoted. It runs 'On the twenty-eighth marhesvan of the third year of Simon ben Kosiba, prince of Israel...' and this style of writing indicates that Simon was seen as the lawful ruler.

Coin of Simon ben Kosiba ,showing the Temple with the Messianic star on the roof and the Ark of the Covenant inside (British Museum)
According to the Christian church historian Eusebius (c.260-c.340), Simon claimed to be a luminary who had come down to the Jews from heaven (History of the church 4.6.2). On some of his coins and in his letters, he calls himself 'Prince' (Nasi), a word that had very strong messianic connotations (cf. Ezekiel 37.24-25 and several Qumran documents). His loyal followers liked to make a pun on his name: his real name was Simon ben Kosiba, but he was usually called Bar Kochba (son of the star), which again is a messianic claim. Some miracles were attributed to him: there were reports that he had been seen spewing out flames (go here for a discussion).
Rabbi Aqiba, the president of the rabbinical academy at Yavne and the official religious leader of the Jews in this age, declared that the successful Jewish commander was the Messiah; at least two rabbis -rabbi Gershom and rabbi Aha- agreed, but others remained skeptical, and said that grass would grow in Aqiba's cheeks before the Son of David would come
http://www.livius.org/ja-jn/jewish_wars/jwar07.html

Yeah, thanks. It sounds like it's merely a case where a new year number was simply declared in lieu of the old one almost the same way the Julian calendar was moved 11 days to become the Gregorian. It was decreed to and then believed by the masses.

I've never gotten hung up on the actual year number, though. I was more interested in knowing when the feasts occur in any given year. I could be transported to any time in history past or future and by simply observing the sun and moon I can tell when Passover is within a day anyways. The only thing about not knowing the year is the Sabbatical year and Jubilee year.

tim_from_pa said:
Yeah, thanks. It sounds like it's merely a case where a new year number was simply declared in lieu of the old one almost the same way the Julian calendar was moved 11 days to become the Gregorian. It was decreed to and then believed by the masses.

I've never gotten hung up on the actual year number, though. I was more interested in knowing when the feasts occur in any given year. I could be transported to any time in history past or future and by simply observing the sun and moon I can tell when Passover is within a day anyways. The only thing about not knowing the year is the Sabbatical year and Jubilee year.
Actually there are 10 days subtracted. Altogether between the Holy Hebrew Calendar and the Gregorian there is almost a 144 years difference. The 10 day subtraction does not disturb the weekly cycle. The Sabbath is still the Sabbath.

tim_from_pa said:

NOTE -- Adam and Noahs race was "formed" not "created" and it began in Genesis 2 not Genesis 1.....

mdo757 said:
tim_from_pa said:

If Noah was the first white man born,,,can you please tell me what color Noahs father was?????????

Adam was the first white (ruddy) male......Noah was white because Adam was white and Seth was white....

(THE) said:
[quote="tim_from_pa":aciphv6d]I like the book of Jubilees. I have the book itself and you can easily find it on the Internet. It keeps very detailed chronological data based on the lunar-based calendar the ancient Hebrews used and even before then it was kept. Since that passage mentioned the first month, this year Passover falls on the evening of March 29 (Nisan 14 into 15).

NOTE -- Adam and Noahs race was "formed" not "created" and it began in Genesis 2 not Genesis 1.....[/quote:aciphv6d]

Then Adam was not created in the image of God? You mean he was rather formed in the image of God? And if so, where does it say that he was formed in the image of God?

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us/we make Adam/man/mankind in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created Adam/man/mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

mdo757 said:
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us/we make Adam/man/mankind in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created Adam/man/mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

I agree. My Strong's gives the same Hebrew Word which is where we get Adam. The difference in chapter 2 apparently is a definite article that some folks seem to think it means a different man. I think chapter 2 is just focusing in what happened in chapter one, and it personalizes the man in chapter one. It's the same as if I called my cat (c.f. chapter one) "Cat" (c.f. chapter 2), but he's still a cat, and if I tell my wife to let the cat out, it's still "Cat": it's one in the same and mean the same thing. :lol

Back