Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] brother missing for 6 months. possibly dead?!?!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
here goes my story. i lost my mom to cancer 7 years ago. i hated god for that, everyone at church was telling me if i have faith god will heal my mom. reading me scriptures about if i had faith the size of mustard seed, that i can move mountains. well i had faith even untill the end , when she drew her last breath. even tho its been 7 years, it still brings me to tears to think about my mom who fought so hard. ok, well my brother and my mom was my love. I never was close to my dad , as he was physically and mentally abusive to me, my brother and my mom. now i found my brother a job online out of state, he left in april and was suppose to return in november. I called his place of work, but his boss always give me lies how he tells my brother to call home but he refuses. Which is complete lie b/c my brother would call. He called two times the first week he arrive there to let us know he was safe. After that i have never heard from him again. I call his boss several times, only to get more lies about how he refuses to call home. Well about a month ago, his boss quit answering my phone calls and doesnt call me back even tho i leave messages. So i called his boss brother, i think its his brother not sure and he tells me he left on Tuesday, today is Thursday and he is nowhere to be seen or heard. This is unlike my brother. Also his boss, sounds very shady, even my friend who called says he think hes lying and that something is very wrong. I dont know if my brother is dead or alive. But i fear he is proably dead. if my brother is dead, i dont know how i can ever have any type of relationship with god. As my brother couldnt find a job anywhere after looking for severals months and was pretty much forced to take a job out of the state. And if god knew that he was going to be killed there, why in the hell would he allow that place to hire him and nobody else. Also i am the one who found that job for him, so i feel guilty. to be honest i dont even know why im posting here, im just scared i guess. Tommorow i am filing a police report. please pray for me and my brother. thank you

I'll certainly be in prayer for you and believe you are doing the right thing by contacting the police.

I'll also pray for your faith...I'm sorry that people attacked your faith regarding your mom's illness. I lost my father to cancer, but even to his last day on this earth, his life was a testimony to God's faithfulness of bringing him through all things, even the valley of the shadow of death. Sometimes it's hard to see God working when things we don't want to happen happen anyway, but this doesn't mean that God isn't being faithful to us.

I'll be praying for you too, and your brother. I believe God never abandons us when things go wrong. It's not God's will that bad things happen, evil is caused by sin, which is separation from God. I believe God has a plan for you, and maybe He will use these bad things that happened so that you will turn to Him to comfort you, and from this doubt your faith will be strengthened.

Have faith
Dev :)

thank you for your response. I have been turning to God to comfort me the last few days... Its been really hard, I have nightmares about my brother every night i go to sleep. I keep reminding myself that even if my brother is dead, that his spirit is alive and he is in heaven. Its the only thing that keeps me sane at the moment.
My brother was never a hardcore christian but he did believe god was real and Jesus died on the cross for us, is that all it takes to go to heaven?

John 5:24 I tell you for certain that everyone who hears my message and has faith in the one who sent me has eternal life and will never be condemned. They have already gone from death to life.
:biggrin Hope this helps

Back