Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Call NO MAN Father - 0r teacher for that matter

Should we call anyone father?

• I am going to start a protest against these dang secular schools for calling teachers, teacher.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul sinned when he calls himself father in 1 Cor 4:15. He's definitely not a male paternal parent

• Perhaps Paul and the Apostles weren't really men, so it didn't violate the "NO MAN" Clause

• It's okay to call physical parents father even though that is not clear from Matt 23:2. The Bible d

• We do have spiritual father's and it is okay to call them that as long as we understand that God is

• Total voters
T

thessalonian

Seems there's alot of confusion in Henry's thread so let's see where you are all at.

You absolutely fail to understand that Jesus was talking only to those born again of the Holy Spirit, Thess, not pagans. Once the HS enters us, our new Father is God, which is obviously completely lost on you or you wouldn't have initiated this poll. God has now replaced any earthly father or teacher in the born again Christians. But those not born of the Holy Spirit have only earthly teachers and fathers. And Jesus said there will be few of us who find the narrow gate. So your poll has nothing to do with Christ's words.

But a church who calls itself Christian has absolutely no business disobeying Christ's words. None. There's no excuse for it.

not pagans.

Are you calling me a pagan dear lady? (since you don't believe I have the HS).

What was Paul's excuse. I do believe he called some people teachers or said some should be teachers as well.

I'm expecting you to wage a campaign against secular schools who force Christian children to call their teachers teacher. God is my Father.

Thessalonian said:
not pagans.

Are you calling me a pagan dear lady?

What was Paul's excuse. I do believe he called some people teachers or said some should be teachers as well.

I'm expecting you to wage a campaign against secular schools who force Christian children to call their teachers teacher. God is my Father.

Yes. You worship people like Mary, Peter, Paul, etc. statues, rituals, and you obviously have no clue what it means to be born of the HS or you would understand Christ's words and not argue with them. You would also not desecrate your real Holy Father by giving a human being His name! Jesus said there will be many who call him Lord who "honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." But you probably don't understand that either. "By their fruits you will recognize them." :)

In other words your calling me a pagan?

Your not dealing with Paul calling himself Father. Was he then a pagan as well.

If God is your Father, then why do you give the name; "Holy Father" to a person? If God is your Father then why do you argue with Christ's words? If God is the Father of all shool teachers and children then why do they want God out of the schools? :o Sorry, but your words and actions don't agree. Again, "By their fruits you will recognize them."

Wow- yet another thread for certain people to contradict themselves with impunity.

These folks tell us that we glorify man, in violation of God's command- yet God's command tells children to chabod their parents. This means GLORIFY

These folks tell us that we err in calling the priest father, yet Paul refers to Timothy as "my beloved son."

These folks tell us that we err in having holy images of true Godly people, yet they place the name of an earthly king on their bible.

These folks tell us that works do not save us, yet they condemn us for the things we do (works).

There is a list of their contradictions as long as my arm, but I'm already bored with the pursuit of pointing out the obvious.

Heidi said:
If God is your Father, then why do you give the name; "Holy Father" to a person? If God is your Father then why do you argue with Christ's words? If God is the Father of all shool teachers and children then why do they want God out of the schools? :o Sorry, but your words and actions don't agree. Again, "By their fruits you will recognize them."

God is my Father.

Was Paul sinning, calling himself and abraham father, after all they were in fact men, or shall we start another denomination that believes they weren't men.

Orthodox Christian said:
Wow- yet another thread for certain people to contradict themselves with impunity.

These folks tell us that we glorify man, in violation of God's command- yet God's command tells children to chabod their parents. This means GLORIFY

These folks tell us that we err in calling the priest father, yet Paul refers to Timothy as "my beloved son."

These folks tell us that we err in having holy images of true Godly people, yet they place the name of an earthly king on their bible.

These folks tell us that works do not save us, yet they condemn us for the things we do (works).

There is a list of their contradictions as long as my arm, but I'm already bored with the pursuit of pointing out the obvious.

Great points OC. Especially about the KJV. I never understood that one looking at if with their mentality.

Heidi said:

Heidi, you don't know me or the fruits of my life and are a very poor judge of them. Do I sense hatred and venom in your posts? Do you call me a pagan or don't you?

Thessalonian said:
Heidi said:

God is my Father.

Was Paul sinning, calling himself and abraham father, after all they were in fact men, or shall we start another denomination that believes they weren't men.

Sorry, but all wolves in sheep's clothing claim to be sheep on the outside, but on the inside they are ferocious wolves. Jesus said that and he said we can recognize them by their fruits. Therefore, as Jesus also said; "Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven." It would be good for you to listen to him. But so far there are too many words of Christ's that you disagree with that leads me to believe you call him Lord but your heart is far from him. I do not believe contradictions, I believe Jesus who also said; "He who is not with me is against me." You cannot be both. So you may fool those who only look at your outside but not those who don't honor contradictions. Sorry, but Saying that Jesus is the truth but calling him a liar at the same time shows the facade of a sheep over the heart of a wolf.

It's good to see such zeal in you heidi, even if it is miguided and you see yourself in this infallible way, kind of as a one woman Bible show and everyone else be damned. Kinda the Martin Luther syndrome. But I doudt you agree with alot of what he said. So, he must have been a pagan too. Have God send down fire upon me Heidi.

Your personal attacks on this thread rather than dealing with the issue are duly noted.

Heidi said:
Thessalonian said:
Heidi said:

God is my Father.

Sorry, but all wolves in sheep's clothing claim to be sheep on the outside, but on the inside they are ferocious wolves. Jesus said that and he said we can recognize them by their fruits. Therefore, as Jesus also said; "Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven." It would be good for you to listen to him. But so far there are too many words of Christ's that you disagree with that leads me to believe you call him Lord but your heart is far from him. I do not believe contradictions, I believe Jesus who also said; "He who is not with me is against me." You cannot be both. So you may fool those who only look at your outside but not those who don't honor contradictions. Sorry, but Saying that Jesus is the truth but calling him a liar at the same time shows the facade of a sheep over the heart of a wolf.
You did not answer the question, but rather attacked the questioner. To me, that is the behavior of a wolf.

Heidi, why do you leave out the second part of that verse.

[30] He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.

One man/woman Bible shows of pride are about scattering Heidi. They are about elevating individuals such as yourself over the word of God. Making yourself arbitrar. There is no way this kind of a system will bring about the unity that Christ called for and prayed for. Division is of the devil.

Sorry Thess, I couldn't 'vote' in your poll. Nothing you offered qualifies for the 'truth'.

The truth is that we are to call 'no man' father in reference to our 'Spiritual' Father, God. Nor, should we call any man 'teacher' in reference to the Word of God. We were given the titles of those that follow the teachings of Christ. Paul states them without error. I would offer scripture to back this up but your faith doesn't 'need' scripture to 'prove' anything. Just the words of men that 'claim' to understand the will of God without it.

If I wanted to control a people or their beliefs, I wouldn't allow them to accept 'any' written word either. The communist offer a prime example of how the masses can be manipulated through 'words' of mouth instead of written history. Deny access to the 'truth' and anything that you offer can then be inserted at will. Especially if you have the power to 'murder' any and all who oppose 'your truth'.

I choose to put my faith in the Word of God and NOT the words of men. Since the Bible is the only source available to me to understand 'His' Word, that's my choice. So far it has been able to reveal MUCH without the influence of a 'man-made' teaching. I'm quite sure that much has been held back by those that have obtained control of it, but what we have is 'enough'. That's the way God works. No matter how hard man tries to defy His efforts, He ALWAYS wins in the end.

Thessalonian said:
It's good to see such zeal in you heidi, even if it is miguided and you see yourself in this infallible way, kind of as a one woman Bible show and everyone else be damned. Kinda the Martin Luther syndrome. But I doudt you agree with alot of what he said. So, he must have been a pagan too. Have God send down fire upon me Heidi.

Your personal attacks on this thread rather than dealing with the issue are duly noted.

So how is it my fault if you don't believe Christ's words? :o I believe Jesus when he says we have one teacher and that is the Christ. I simply believe him over others who argue with him and for that you fault me? I thought you were a Christian! Your contradictions speak for themselves, my friend. But if you always want to be right, then all you have to do is agree with Jesus and there will be no problem. :) But if you try to get me to disblieve Christ's words, sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree. :wink:

Heidi said:
Thessalonian said:

So how is it my fault if you don't believe Christ's words? :o I believe Jesus when he says we have one teacher and that is the Christ. I simply believe him over others who argue with him and for that you fault me? I thought you were a Christian! Your contradictions speak for themselves, my friend. But if you always want to be right, then all you have to do is agree with Jesus and there will be no problem. :) But if you try to get me to disblieve Christ's words, sorry, but you're barking up the wrong tree. :wink:

I believe all of Christ's words. I just don't accept your "infallible" interprutations of them. Your opinions that you personally elevate to the Word of God. The Church is the pillar and support of the truth. Not one man/woman bible shows. You do not understand my thinking and so you don't understand how I reconcile God's Word. You do not have the mind of Christ if you do not have the mind of his Church. You are a non-family member reading the story of the family and telling them what they experience. Doing it so boldly as to tell them that what they say they experience and believe happened and is happening is wrong.

Again, I do not worship people as you do. When Martin Luther agrees with Christ, I agree with him. When he doesn't I don't. I have one teacher and that is the Christ. So why do you think you need another one? Is Jesus not truthful enough for you? :o Please let me know. :wink:

Heidi said:
Again, I do not worship people as you do.

More personal attacks. False accusations. Doesn't the Bible say something about bearing false witness. Oh that was the Old Testament. Sorry, guess we ignore that now.

Is Jesus not truthful enough for you? :o Please let me know. :wink:

Quite. Your "infallible" opinions are not because you are not infallible.

Back