Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Can a narcissist be saved?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jbc092671

It would seem to me that a narcissistic personality would be extremely difficult to repent of their sins and come to a saving knowledge of Christ. Narcissists often are convinced that they are above others, intellectually, morally and spiritually. I have known many narcissistic personalities in my lifetime, including my father. My mother would recount stories of going to church with my dad and he would get into critical discussions with the pastor because my dad thought he was wrong.
So I'm just curious if it's possible for a narcissistic person to be saved.

Everyone, no matter the sin has a chance to come to Christ as He calls everyone to repentance, but many refuse to hear Him calling them. They need to truly admit to themselves they are a sinner needing God's mercy and grace. Many that go to church only have a form of Godliness, but truly have no relationship or fellowship with Christ.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

It would seem to me that a narcissistic personality would be extremely difficult to repent of their sins and come to a saving knowledge of Christ. Narcissists often are convinced that they are above others, intellectually, morally and spiritually.
can a drunk or drug addict murder whoremonger be saved . the question was asked to Christ who can be saved?

Luke 18:26 Context​

23And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 24And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 25For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 26And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? 27And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. 28Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. 29And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,

I was labeled narcissistic. Severely…I think malignant narcissist? Part of it was my shrink wanted me in prison. Part of it was that I had been prescribed crazy amounts of adderall and various benzodiazepines. And…?

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Now Im 10 years into truly knowing Jesus and I apparently have a high IQ estimate and my long suffering parents have forgiven me and…

Rambling. He show’s mercy to whom Ge will show mercy…

And the mental health industry is a dead end anyway. 😎

Back