Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can you become Christian if you’ve made a satanic ritual in the past?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello,
I’m new to Christianity. I was raised Catholic but became atheist around age 10. When I was 17 I dated a guy who practiced Satanism and he somehow convinced me to do the initiation ritual and become a member of that community. As someone who had been atheist, I didn’t think much of it. I guess I did it because I wanted to prove that no religions are real. However, recently I’ve been trying to get closer to God and become a Christian. I had forgotten about the “pact” that I did, and now I’m wondering if it will be an issue.

Note: the pact/ritual included a candle, writing a dedication to Satan and signing the name with blood. I don’t think I got enough blood to sign my name with , but I remember pricking my finger and putting a drop on the paper. This was like 10 years ago so I don’t remember well.

Hello,
I’m new to Christianity. I was raised Catholic but became atheist around age 10. When I was 17 I dated a guy who practiced Satanism and he somehow convinced me to do the initiation ritual and become a member of that community. As someone who had been atheist, I didn’t think much of it. I guess I did it because I wanted to prove that no religions are real. However, recently I’ve been trying to get closer to God and become a Christian. I had forgotten about the “pact” that I did, and now I’m wondering if it will be an issue.

Note: the pact/ritual included a candle, writing a dedication to Satan and signing the name with blood. I don’t think I got enough blood to sign my name with , but I remember pricking my finger and putting a drop on the paper. This was like 10 years ago so I don’t remember well.

Bah. Don't worry your head in the least, sister. Satan's hold on people is flimsy, and his chains can be broken by the Lord Jesus Christ very easily. Any "contracts" you signed with that liar are null and void from the start, cuz he never keeps his word with anyone anyway. He's a deceiver.

If you would like a very good read, pick up a copy of He Came To Set The Captives Free, by Rebecca Brown. The woman she helped deliver out of Satanism was in a LOT deeper than you were, and the Lord still delivered her out, so you have no worries. Just give your life to the Lord, because He will break any chain.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to our community. I hope you make some friends here and can stay awhile.
Hidden In Him

Hello,

Hi. Yes, you can indeed be forgiven if you sincerely repent [forsake] of all your sins. In the Book of Acts, we read of what repentance looks like.

Acts 19
[13] Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
[14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
[15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
[16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
[17]And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
[18] And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
[19] Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
[20] So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

Bah. Don't worry your head in the least, sister. Satan's hold on people is flimsy, and his chains can be broken by the Lord Jesus Christ very easily. Any "contracts" you signed with that liar are null and void from the start, cuz he never keeps his word with anyone anyway. He's a deceiver.

If you would like a very good read, pick up a copy of He Came To Set The Captives Free, by Rebecca Brown. The woman she helped deliver out of Satanism was in a LOT deeper than you were, and the Lord still delivered her out, so you have no worries. Just give your life to the Lord, because He will break any chain.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome to our community. I hope you make some friends here and can stay awhile.
Hidden In Him

Hi tulipflower and welcome to CF :wave2

Jesus makes all things new in our life when we humble ourselves and submit ourselves to Him as we begin to walk in that newness of life through the Spiritual rebirth from above, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9-10. Old things are passed away and remembered no more by God.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Hi. Yes, you can indeed be forgiven if you sincerely repent [forsake] of all your sins. In the Book of Acts, we read of what repentance looks like.

Acts 19
[13] Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
[14] And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
[15] And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
[16] And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
[17]And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
[18] And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds.
[19] Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.
[20] So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.
Thank you for your help!!!
I feel much more at ease now.

Hello,

Hey tulipflower

Praise God!!! He is a merciful God indeed. Sister, there is no sin that Jesus' blood doesn't cover. If worshiping Satan was an unforgiveable sin, why no flesh would be saved. It was he that put all this in motion. Every sin is out heart wanting to following wickedness rather than righteousness. Remember Jesus telling those Israelites around him that their father was Satan. Once he died, they could be saved, too.

Don't you worry yourself about how much blood you used. God gave you enough for that. Just set your sights on that new city Zion and keep walking. Turning away from your little bloody handprint and all that garbage you played in. It's ok. That's why the Jews killed Jesus.

God bless,
Ted

Hello,

Did the same… invited dead person’s spirit to possess me… turned out not to be a human spirit.
Keep your contract with God and it voids all previous contracts. Satan will make it difficult, but stay the course and God will reward you for overcoming!

Hello,

Even those who have executed Christians (or worse) can become Christians. Becoming a Christian is basically explicitly welcoming messiah (another biblical picture is in repentance/forgiveness language), and God’s response of giving his spirit to us (spiritual birth). It opens up understanding Christianity (Mere Christianity, as C S Lewis called the shared corridor which leads to multivarious denominations), the messianic kingdom.

Yes. Absolutely. The only thing I’ve noticed…as someone who was deep in bondage pre conversion…

Is that there seems to be pushback against all new believers and it seems somewhat proportional to the level of bondage while in sin. Not to scare you just an observation. I could be mistaken.

Jesus died on cross to forgive sins. Just repent sins to God and be forgiven, Acts chapter 3 to Document. Next step. James chapter 1. Study the bible. God liberally gives wisdom and knowledge to those who seek it. Spirtual growth is important. If you need help studying the bible. I recommend shepherds chapel, pastor dennis murray. He has videos on YouTube. He teaches chapter by chapter. Sound doctrine. Also, follow Luke chapter 9, Jesus gave Christian people power over satan and evil spirits. Use Jesus name to order evil spirits and satan away from you. GET BEHIND ME SATAN AND EVIL SPIRITS IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!. Peace.

Back