Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Can you Fist Fight a Demon?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Discord direct message Q&A
can.of.soup —- Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Ahh I’m so sorry for responding so late, idk what was wrong with me but I just felt so weird the past couple of days? Then I got suuuuper busy! Especially today
another sillier question I thought of. Since demons can go onto earth as if they were human, I’m assuming Satan can as well, could I fist fight a demon? Like, obviously violence is a sin so it wouldn’t be good. Buuuuuut technically speaking?? I could square up with some evil lil fellas??

Harold Samson, who is I, says the following in response
Alright, on to your sillier question, as you say. Let’s set the ground rules. It’s biblically confirmed that demons (fallen angels) can go to Earth and possess humans.

Luke 8:30 Jesus then asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Legion,” for many demons had entered him.

It’s also biblically confirmed that Satan can go on Earth. And since Satan is a type of demon that means he can also possess humans.

Job 1:7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where have you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it.

In terms of violence, the Bible tells us not to perform it.
Proverbs 3:31 Do not envy a man of violence and do not choose any of his ways,

Violence is specifically defined as such:

a violent
חָמָ֑ס (ḥā·mās)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's 2555: Violence, wrong, by meton, unjust gain

Thus, there must be unjust gain, it has to be wrong. Strong’s synonyms are malicious, FALSE (yes KJV lists it in all caps), cruelty,

There are specific times where war and killing may be good. HOLD UP. Alright, I know what you’re thinking, let me explain.

Exodus 20:13 You shall not murder. תִּֿרְצָֽ֖ח (trə·ṣāḥ)

This tells us to not unlawfully kill people. However, there are cases where the Lord has killed people. God is good, He cannot sin, He cannot break His own Law. Therefore, there are cases where killing people may be good.

For context, the enemies of the Lord, like the Canaanites, sacrificed their own children to the false God Molech. It’s horrible, they literally burned kids to death.

Deuteronomy 12:31 You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.

Later on in the same book, God commands the following:
Deuteronomy 20:16-17 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you

The Hebrew word for “destroy” is defined as such…

You must completely destroy
הַחֲרֵ֣ם (ha·ḥă·rêm)
Verb - Hifil - Infinitive absolute
Strong's 2763: To seclude, to devote to religious uses, to be blunt as to the nose

And the same Hebrew word root “destroy” is used in the next verse below…

1 Samuel 15:18 Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.

and completely destroy
וְהַחֲרַמְתָּ֞ה (wə·ha·ḥă·ram·tāh)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Hifil - Conjunctive perfect - second person masculine singular
Strong's 2763: To seclude, to devote to religious uses, to be blunt as to the nose

The word “war” here is defined as such…
Fight
וְנִלְחַמְתָּ֣ (wə·nil·ḥam·tā)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Nifal - Conjunctive perfect - second person masculine singular
Strong's 3898: To feed on, to consume, to battle

God is always good, it’s impossible for Him to sin. Therefore, there are times where it is good to have war, to battle, to fight.

However, look at the next word that follows “and completely destroy”, the “wicked people”

the sinful
הַֽחַטָּאִים֙ (ha·ḥaṭ·ṭā·’îm)
Article | Adjective - masculine plural
Strong's 2400: A criminal, one accounted guilty

Strong’s synonyms are sinful, sinners, offenders,

And it says that The Devil, Satan, is a sinner, because he has been sinning from the beginning.
1 John 3:8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Therefore, fighting, battling, having war against criminals, wicked, offenders like Satan can be good.

Because I like to be very thorough, to “square up” is defined as “to get into a fighting position”

So to “square up with some evil lil fellas”, as you put it, can be good. Not just “getting into the fighting position” itself, but even “fighting” these “evil lil fellas” can be good too.

A good example to illustrate this is with Ruzzia’s evil invasion of Ukraine. Ruzzia has committed war crimes of mass torture, rape, sexual assault, murder, this is the violence the Lord is against!

For Ukraine to defend their people they have to fight against Ruzzia, this is where fighting can be good! Fighting against sinners, the wicked people of Ruzzia!

Ukraine is good for fighting against Ruzzia. Ruzzia is evil for fighting against Ukraine.

(As a disclaimer, I use the term “Ruzzia” to define people who are Russian who support Vladmir Putin’s sins against Ukraine. Certainly, there are many Russian people who are against Putin’s evil war against Ukraine. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60640204)

Therefore, to answer your question of “could I fight a demon?” The answer yes, under God’s law, you are allowed to fight against demons. Though, before you physically fight anyone, demon or human, you should always make sure that you aren’t being “violent like Ruzzia”. We don’t want to accidentally punch some random person, that would be violence that the Lord is against

But… I don’t think that’s the answer you’re looking for…
No… you want a more interesting answer I imagine…

Because your true question is “could I fist fight a demon?”.
You want to know if you can punch a demon and win, live to tell the tale?
The answer is that, well… you don’t even need to punch them.

Jesus casted out a whole gang of demons with a single word one time. Yes, really.

Matthew 8:16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

with a word
λόγῳ (logō)
Noun - Dative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression.

The problem with punching the demon is that you might hurt the human host. Thus, the most important thing is to be strong spiritually.

When fighting demons, it’s important to dress ourselves up spiritually. Here’s the wardrobe that the Lord God recommends.

Ephesians 6:12-18

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

The first line mentions “our struggle is not against flesh”. Physically punching flesh is not where our struggle is. The problem with demons, what makes them so tricky to deal with, is that they can switch physical hosts. From a human to a pig Matthew 8:31.

Scenario time! Let’s say you really do find a demon. Well, they’re spiritual, you’re physical, a physical punch won’t do anything.

Alright, new scenario. Let’s say you really do find a demon. But hey, this time they’re in possessing a physical human host, like Legion! (Mark 5:9). So you throw a punch at them, however, right before your punch hits, all the demons suddenly jump out of the human host. They might not necessarily even need another physical host to jump out of, they could just… leave. Oops! Now you just punched some random human. Uh oh! And looks like this human is not happy, so they might physically fight you. Now there’s violence. They could call the police, you could get arrested. They could have captured it on security cameras, video evidence, it’s hard to say “there was a demon in them” since they’re spiritual, can’t really see them physically.

Ok ok, new scenario. Let’s just say, look no gimmicks, no tricks. A legit physical fight between you and a demon. How strong can they be, really?

Demons are a type of angel, a fallen angel, so they would have similar powers.

Revelation 8:10-11
The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.

From my previous post, I outlined the connections between Wormwood and the Chernobyl incident. As well, stars are formed by nuclear fusion, so “a great star that fell from heaven” is directed as a reference to a nuclear bomb.

So the moment you punch a demon…

ouch.

If that’s not bad enough, it mentions that this is from a singular angel. So if you’re fighting Legion, which is around 3 000 to 6 000 of these guys, imagine… 3 000 to 6 000 nuclear blasts. A whole nuclear war at that point, all from one punch

angel
ἄγγελος (angelos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

ouch.

if that’s not bad enough, it mentions that this angel “blew his trumpet” and a nuclear bomb fell from Heaven. Here’s the thing with trumpets though, that verse describes one trumpet blast. Ever heard a trumpet song? Each NOTE that the trumpet plays can be considered a “trumpet blast”, so for every NOTE one angel could drop an atomic bomb on you.

sounded [his] trumpet,
ἐσάλπισεν (esalpisen)
Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's 4537: To sound a trumpet. From salpigx; to trumpet, i.e. Sound a blast.

ouch.

worst yet, ever heard of a trumpet band? that’s right, a whole legion, 3 000 to 6 000 demons could each have their own trumpet, each singular note summoning a nuclear bomb. potentially 6 000 atomic bombs PER SECOND.

this song could be the last thing you hear before you die.

ouch.

worst yet, that’s only 1 legion of demons. just some average low-level minions compared to satan, molech, abaddon, the more noteworthy demons. imagine they start playing their trumpets too. satan specifically deceived the whole world, that’s a lot of power. you punch one demon and they could call all their buddies out to get you.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ90FE5BfvA

ouch.

So yeah… we’re at a… disadvantage… when physically fighting demons, so to speak. Therefore, the best way to fight a demon is to convince someone to have faith alone in Jesus Christ, so the Holy Spirit, God, will be permanently inside of them when they believe. And we know that Jesus only said a single word to many demons, and they were all cast out.

Thus, a single word from Jesus is stronger than thousands of nuclear bombs.

Heb. 2:9 "Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

Therefore, eventually all people will become believers in Christ Jesus and all will have the Holy Ghost and be permanently saved. And even all the demons and the fallen angels and Satan will repent, as in, recognize they have sin, recognize their need for a saviour and believe in Jesus Christ to be saved permanently too and be washed of all their wrongdoings <3

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

Overall, had a great time typing this out response :) That last question especially I had a lot of fun typing out a response lol. The Holy Ghost’s blessings to yo

Back