Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Can you overcome depression using the Bible?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What does the Bible say about the subject of overcoming depression?

What are your thoughts? I know Elijah suffered depression, so it is pretty clear that followers can be in pain. How we overcome that suffering is what I am seeking in this discussion.

How has Jesus helped you overcome your weaknesses?

Praise God and all glory to Him.

Thank you so much for sharing this. It's when we seek and press into God knowing what He has already said as He will remove the depression from us and bring joy back to our heart if we only believe. God is only a prayer away.

I suffer from depression. Runs in the family. Anxiety and panic attacks too. Lots of pray, praying over me, reading the Bible, listening to the Bible recorded, all of that. But a little green pill is all that it took to keep my misfiring mind in check.
Here's a story to illustrate how I think God sometimes works on our behalf. We expect miracles but he works with everyday things:
A heavy rain came and a man was alone in his house in the country. The water was rising and some huge trucks came to rescue him.
"God will save me!" He said and sent them away.
Then as the waters rose, a small boat came to rescue him.
After that he was up on the rooftop as the waters nearly covered the whole of the house. Then a helicopter came and let down a latter. "climb up" they said.
Within minutes the man was engulfed by the waters and he drowned. Immediately he was in Heaven. Standing before God he complained,
"God, your Word says You will rescue us in times of trouble! You let me down!" (PS 50:15)

GOD: "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU FOOLISH MAN? I SENT YOU RESCUE TRUCKS, YOU SENT THEM AWAY. I SENT YOU A BOAT, YOU SENT IT A WAY. I SENT YOU A HILICOPTOR, YOU SENT IT AWAY! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT AS THE WATERS ROSE? THAT I WOULD GIVE YOU GILLS?

I have to disagree with the idea presented in the video. There's likely some context missing and certainly some verses the author uses are used inappropriately. Jerimiah 29:11 is the most misused verse in the Bible. It doesn't apply to you or me. It's not a verse. It's part of a larger context. If you think it applies to you, read the larger context and tell me if the larger context applies to you and if not, neither does cherry picking out the portion you like. I think it's bad exegesis when Christians do this sort of thing.

Depression is a real thing. It's a medical thing and while I believe in the healing power of God, I also believe God gave us medicine to help us along the way. Luke was a physician for example. I've tried going off my medicine many times. It doesn't work. I always have crashed (just this past Wednesday as a matter of fact which required a trip to my doctor.)

Unless a person has suffered with clinical depression they don't know what they are talking about. And if you have and are "cured" you are a miracle but that is not the norm. I'd be dead if not for a small green pill. https://save.org/about-suicide/suicide-facts/

I think the story I shared illustrates that God works in many ways to help his people. He's not a genie with "poof" powers although He can operate that way if He chooses. But often he provides us with medicines and medical experts to help us in concert with our spiritual leaders teaching us Biblical approaches to better mental health. They go together.

ugh. i dunno. :-(

the best available data seems to show that 'antidepressants' can take the edge off severe episodes of depression...for a while. long term, there's a risk that treatment will make future episodes more severe and more likely to require...more psych drugs. :-( there's also a very real question about the suicide risk from the pills vs what might happen with 0 medical treatment. i dunno.

me? labeled as 'severely mentally ill.' i thought the evidence base for the tranquilizers, 'antipsychotics' was fairly strong, right? right. Thorazine was tested in psych patients in the early 50s. by the 70s, a lot of state hospitals were shut down, the treatments were not perfect, but the narrative became: "Schizophrenia" responds to 'antipsychotics.' Most people with "Schizophrenia" will require lifelong treatment. -the end-...right?

new(ish) data seems to show at least a substantial minority of patients get better...in part by going off 'standard treatment.' brain imaging data is telling a new, frightening story about troubled people, put on 'standard treatment' that ends up...

causing brain damage, impaired abilities, depression, facial tics, weight gain, inability to work, intense uneasiness, sometimes suicidal behavior...reduced IQ, metabolic problems, death at a younger age than unmedicated peers.

besides, it also turns out the state hospitals were a huge drain on the coffers for minimal return...by the time Thorazine was accepted as routine 'treatment,' the gov't was already looking at ways to get people out into the community. 'progress,' 'recover,' blah blah blah...they had other rea$on$. still do.

so...what to -do- about this? Again, I'm not offering anything remotely resembling "do this!" - sort of 'advice,' just...here goes...

turn to The Lord, obviously. sounds like step 1 to believers, but...for unbelievers, especially those who are already filled with pills and worldly counsel...not always so clear.

will He take the depression away? the Schizophrenia? i dunno. in my case, the label of "Schizophrenia" is applied, at the community-level, and...that's it. not to pity party, I mean...in The Lord, I have a much better life, even with the stigma, than I ever did out on the broad road, etc. I am far more clear and lucid, "..spirit of a sound mind," by His grace...

and the label is there, no matter. depression? my -personal- advice would be to avoid the mental health industry and their talk and pills, etc. if it gets way too intense, family doctors can provide a fix, but even then...the data for long term improvements is not there, sadly. not that one should -never- do long term treatment, of course.

and...to be fair, I do "manage my symptoms" with...massive doses of vitamins, antioxidants, now a couple of herbal preparations from a brand I trust. -shrug- the idea -- "fixing" mood, outlook, behavior thru pills-- is the same, just..the pills are over the counter vitamins, etc....and I seem to get 'side benefits,' not 'side effects.'

ok. i also think...in "healing depression (or...whatever...)," The Lord may also see fit to change one's heart, mind, and life. ongoing, healing journey vs med check. something like that, anyway. :)

I suffer from depression. Runs in the family. Anxiety and panic attacks too. Lots of pray, praying over me, reading the Bible, listening to the Bible recorded, all of that. But a little green pill is all that it took to keep my misfiring mind in check.
Here's a story to illustrate how I think God sometimes works on our behalf. We expect miracles but he works with everyday things:
A heavy rain came and a man was alone in his house in the country. The water was rising and some huge trucks came to rescue him.
After that he was up on the rooftop as the waters nearly covered the whole of the house. Then a helicopter came and let down a latter. "climb up" they said.
Within minutes the man was engulfed by the waters and he drowned. Immediately he was in Heaven. Standing before God he complained,
"God, your Word says You will rescue us in times of trouble! You let me down!" (PS 50:15)

GOD: "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU FOOLISH MAN? I SENT YOU RESCUE TRUCKS, YOU SENT THEM AWAY. I SENT YOU A BOAT, YOU SENT IT A WAY. I SENT YOU A HILICOPTOR, YOU SENT IT AWAY! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT AS THE WATERS ROSE? THAT I WOULD GIVE YOU GILLS?

I have to disagree with the idea presented in the video. There's likely some context missing and certainly some verses the author uses are used inappropriately. Jerimiah 29:11 is the most misused verse in the Bible. It doesn't apply to you or me. It's not a verse. It's part of a larger context. If you think it applies to you, read the larger context and tell me if the larger context applies to you and if not, neither does cherry picking out the portion you like. I think it's bad exegesis when Christians do this sort of thing.

Depression is a real thing. It's a medical thing and while I believe in the healing power of God, I also believe God gave us medicine to help us along the way. Luke was a physician for example. I've tried going off my medicine many times. It doesn't work. I always have crashed (just this past Wednesday as a matter of fact which required a trip to my doctor.)

Unless a person has suffered with clinical depression they don't know what they are talking about. And if you have and are "cured" you are a miracle but that is not the norm. I'd be dead if not for a small green pill. https://save.org/about-suicide/suicide-facts/

I think the story I shared illustrates that God works in many ways to help his people. He's not a genie with "poof" powers although He can operate that way if He chooses. But often he provides us with medicines and medical experts to help us in concert with our spiritual leaders teaching us Biblical approaches to better mental health. They go together.
You make good points here as God does work through others to help us in our time of need.

I hear this argument about ptsd,your wife passed ,you mourned,you grieved ,you hurt a lot.God let you hurt ,he didn't erase the loss ,for if he did theb what wife and her love would you have known?

I personally stay away from anti-depressants. I was put on several. I'm more on the anxiety side of things and anti-depressants affect me like uppers. That's the LAST thing I need. One prescribed to me had me so wired I clenched my jaw so much I got headaches and thought my teeth were going to crack. The Psych told me I had better say it worked or she would increase the dosage. I dumped her.
CS Lewis suffered depression/anxiety after his wife's death. He said it is an affliction and not to let anyone tell you otherwise. He said to consider it our part in sharing in Christ's Passion.
I have a coping mechanism I use. Whenever I find myself in despair, I can almost feel in my heart "You agreed to this before I gave you this assignment when I sent you to earth. I have given you the grace and tools to carry this out. Persevere until the end and it will make sense to you. Seek Me always and I will be with you even when you think not."

ugh. not to go all antipsychiatry here (yet...again...LOL), but...

good doctors generally -do not- become psychiatrists. psychiatrists -generally- are not good doctors. aside from that, there's all kinds of stigma, mind control, and general evil junk to the core of psychiatry and really the whole mental health industry. :-(

ugh. not to go all antipsychiatry here (yet...again...LOL), but...

good doctors generally -do not- become psychiatrists. psychiatrists -generally- are not good doctors. aside from that, there's all kinds of stigma, mind control, and general evil junk to the core of psychiatry and really the whole mental health industry. :-(
I'll never see one voluntarily again and , if forced, I will dictate the line of discussion. I don't work for them. They work for me and it will be a cash only situation to make sure the money flow is directly from me to the doctor with no middleman pulling the strings. I will never sign another "Privacy Form" concerning Psycho/Emo care ever again. It is not a privacy anything, but rather a blanket Release Form (read it and weep for yourself). I will also research their Code of Ethics making sure they adhere to that strictly. I will also video/audio any dealings with them if it ever comes to that.

ugh. i dunno. :-(

the best available data seems to show that 'antidepressants' can take the edge off severe episodes of depression...for a while. long term, there's a risk that treatment will make future episodes more severe and more likely to require...more psych drugs. :-( there's also a very real question about the suicide risk from the pills vs what might happen with 0 medical treatment. i dunno.

me? labeled as 'severely mentally ill.' i thought the evidence base for the tranquilizers, 'antipsychotics' was fairly strong, right? right. Thorazine was tested in psych patients in the early 50s. by the 70s, a lot of state hospitals were shut down, the treatments were not perfect, but the narrative became: "Schizophrenia" responds to 'antipsychotics.' Most people with "Schizophrenia" will require lifelong treatment. -the end-...right?

new(ish) data seems to show at least a substantial minority of patients get better...in part by going off 'standard treatment.' brain imaging data is telling a new, frightening story about troubled people, put on 'standard treatment' that ends up...

causing brain damage, impaired abilities, depression, facial tics, weight gain, inability to work, intense uneasiness, sometimes suicidal behavior...reduced IQ, metabolic problems, death at a younger age than unmedicated peers.

besides, it also turns out the state hospitals were a huge drain on the coffers for minimal return...by the time Thorazine was accepted as routine 'treatment,' the gov't was already looking at ways to get people out into the community. 'progress,' 'recover,' blah blah blah...they had other rea$on$. still do.

so...what to -do- about this? Again, I'm not offering anything remotely resembling "do this!" - sort of 'advice,' just...here goes...

turn to The Lord, obviously. sounds like step 1 to believers, but...for unbelievers, especially those who are already filled with pills and worldly counsel...not always so clear.

will He take the depression away? the Schizophrenia? i dunno. in my case, the label of "Schizophrenia" is applied, at the community-level, and...that's it. not to pity party, I mean...in The Lord, I have a much better life, even with the stigma, than I ever did out on the broad road, etc. I am far more clear and lucid, "..spirit of a sound mind," by His grace...

and the label is there, no matter. depression? my -personal- advice would be to avoid the mental health industry and their talk and pills, etc. if it gets way too intense, family doctors can provide a fix, but even then...the data for long term improvements is not there, sadly. not that one should -never- do long term treatment, of course.

and...to be fair, I do "manage my symptoms" with...massive doses of vitamins, antioxidants, now a couple of herbal preparations from a brand I trust. -shrug- the idea -- "fixing" mood, outlook, behavior thru pills-- is the same, just..the pills are over the counter vitamins, etc....and I seem to get 'side benefits,' not 'side effects.'

ok. i also think...in "healing depression (or...whatever...)," The Lord may also see fit to change one's heart, mind, and life. ongoing, healing journey vs med check. something like that, anyway. :)

In the care of a competent doctor medications can be helpful. I'm on a very mild dose. I honestly need it. That isn't to say I don't depend on the Lord I do. Daily. David was in despair as was Jesus in the Garden. Charles Spurgeon had a life-long battle with depression.

It's a two edged sword. I don't trust the mental health field and generally think medication isn't the answer. But in some cases, it is the only answer that will work for some. I've battled this demon for twenty years and gone off the medication twice only to crash twice. It's not worth it. If God wanted me fully healed He's had plenty of prayer and time. ;)

I personally stay away from anti-depressants. I was put on several. I'm more on the anxiety side of things and anti-depressants affect me like uppers. That's the LAST thing I need. One prescribed to me had me so wired I clenched my jaw so much I got headaches and thought my teeth were going to crack. The Psych told me I had better say it worked or she would increase the dosage. I dumped her.
CS Lewis suffered depression/anxiety after his wife's death. He said it is an affliction and not to let anyone tell you otherwise. He said to consider it our part in sharing in Christ's Passion.
I have a coping mechanism I use. Whenever I find myself in despair, I can almost feel in my heart "You agreed to this before I gave you this assignment when I sent you to earth. I have given you the grace and tools to carry this out. Persevere until the end and it will make sense to you. Seek Me always and I will be with you even when you think not."
I'm glad you made that distinction. I'm on anxiety medication which is to prevent depression. If my anxiety increases and I get panic attacks and hot flashes. I'm not on depression medication but untreated, my anxiety will lead to (or had) depression.

Half my family is on a Prozac generic. When it first started with me, I missed work for nearly a week. I'd cry for no reason. Couldn't sleep. Wake up in a panic and had sever hot flashes. I still get occasional hot flashes but I can ignore them as they are mild. Same with the panic attacks. With medication they are mild. I get thoughts that pop into my head that I have to ignore (I can't breath, I need to leave this room, I'm going to die...or any other panicky thought) . It's a horrible way to live. However I've learned to ignore them and even defy them to the point they rarely come any more. It's truly a battle for my mind but with God's help I'm winning.

I'm glad you made that distinction. I'm on anxiety medication which is to prevent depression. If my anxiety increases and I get panic attacks and hot flashes. I'm not on depression medication but untreated, my anxiety will lead to (or had) depression.

Half my family is on a Prozac generic. When it first started with me, I missed work for nearly a week. I'd cry for no reason. Couldn't sleep. Wake up in a panic and had sever hot flashes. I still get occasional hot flashes but I can ignore them as they are mild. Same with the panic attacks. With medication they are mild. I get thoughts that pop into my head that I have to ignore (I can't breath, I need to leave this room, I'm going to die...or any other panicky thought) . It's a horrible way to live. However I've learned to ignore them and even defy them to the point they rarely come any more. It's truly a battle for my mind but with God's help I'm winning.
I take Xanax.

Depression is real. I am a lifetime sufferer. In respectful disagreement, Jeremiah 29:11 does apply to us if we have been grafted into the olive tree or have become Israelites which is taught in the New Testament. It is not a cherry picked verse. It points to the promised land... a new Earth and a new Jerusalem. Which was promised to Abraham. Where are healing will be fully received/given to us. New bodies, new minds, new habitation. Until then... who will be our greatest psychologist? Man? or God? Firsthand experience in giving my worries and anxieties to God in prayer(having a personal relationship). I would argue that people's faith has more to do with their affliction than it does with God's ability to heal them especially when it comes to the mind. God says, let the spirit renew your thoughts? Most people including Christians tend to think and focus on worldly things(homes, cars, jobs, spouses, etc.) All of these things only lead to pain and suffering. The one and only hope is Christ. Once you have made all thoughts obedient to Christ you will understand your future and the joy that comes with it. Lastly, this is what the Bible says about depression. It does not say do not seek help from professionals nor is that recommended. It does say to seek God first and to cast all worries upon him. I would encourage anyone suffering from depression or anxiety to do that... followed with patient trust(faith). Praise God! I hope this helps.

Depression is real. I am a lifetime sufferer. In respectful disagreement, Jeremiah 29:11 does apply to us if we have been grafted into the olive tree or have become Israelites which is taught in the New Testament. It is not a cherry picked verse. It points to the promised land... a new Earth and a new Jerusalem. Which was promised to Abraham. Where are healing will be fully received/given to us. New bodies, new minds, new habitation. Until then... who will be our greatest psychologist? Man? or God? Firsthand experience in giving my worries and anxieties to God in prayer(having a personal relationship). I would argue that people's faith has more to do with their affliction than it does with God's ability to heal them especially when it comes to the mind. God says, let the spirit renew your thoughts? Most people including Christians tend to think and focus on worldly things(homes, cars, jobs, spouses, etc.) All of these things only lead to pain and suffering. The one and only hope is Christ. Once you have made all thoughts obedient to Christ you will understand your future and the joy that comes with it. Lastly, this is what the Bible says about depression. It does not say do not seek help from professionals nor is that recommended. It does say to seek God first and to cast all worries upon him. I would encourage anyone suffering from depression or anxiety to do that... followed with patient trust(faith). Praise God! I hope this helps.
context.

you aren't Israel of that time ,seek the welfare of the city ,plant vineyards ,for in your cities wellbeing shall you find yours .

im of Jewish lineage .I live in America ,do you live in exile under the king of Babylon ?

as a Christian who is also--and only by the grace of God--a psychiatric survivor (no, really...its 'a thing,' as the kids say...cosult The Google for more...), I have to say...

Scripture, prayer...Jesus, basically...may not "heal depression," but then again...neither does the mental health industry. talk and pills are often equally ineffective, as in...both co$t, both have serious risks (bad talking treatments can be just as toxic as a bad prescribed treatment, imho), and both often fail to make much of a dent in "depression," even going by the psych industry's very own scales.

why the " "? because...these are not brain diseases, OK? if a problem shows up on a brain scan, a real doctor deals with...same if something shows up on blood work. the witch doctors get called in when there are no bona fide biological abnormalities...

and then they often -create- very real health problems, thru the magic of their 'treatments.' I say this as someone who once had -obvious- brain damage, much of it from coerced and then involuntary treatment ('tardive dyskinesia' from a then new on the market 'atypical'...what fun!). and...

I'm not a big fan of the IQ scale, overall, but...its what I Have to work with, so here goes...

I was estimated to have a 120ish IQ to start with, right? right. bright, could manage a 4 year degree...and then, post-psychiatric 'treatment,' I clocked in at maybe a 95 IQ, complete with the facial tics and dead eyes, addictions to drugs prescribed by 'well-regarded' psychiatrists, all kinds of labels and stigma, plus my psychiatrists never bothered to help me get treatment for HIV+, then they kicked me off my parents' insurance (I was 20), so I could not get treatment, and...and...

well, I had been under the impression that Jesus was some dude people talked about when they weren't complaining about the gays (I'm a non-active homosexual) and/or doing ecstasy or taking bong hits before youth services. ok. but...thankfully, I ended up at a Christian rehab facility instead of prison or the state hospital at age 24-25. and then...

blah blah blah, Jesus made Himself known to me at age 28, while i was out on bond...for a -serious- case involving a former psychiatrist. got saved, and...

8 years later, I'm 36. labeled as "Schizophrenic" in my community, and somehow...its my fault. oh well. can't work, largely because I was so -physically- sick, for so long, not to mention I"d been involuntarily electroshocked back to the stone age, at 20 and then again at age 23. and now...

His ways are higher than my way, obviously. I desperately wanted out of the psych industry, especially after the 1st over priced, for profit facility. then I was put in a private psych ward age 23. ugh :-( you can run, but you can't hide...

truth? The Lord has willed to make me surprisingly healthy. bright eyed. I somehow have a "high IQ" estimate and/or "he is extremely intelligent," so...God is Love, after all. and...

ordinarily, a 'trouble maker' ends up healthy (no treatment for HIV+, btw...its only been 16 years, lol) and smart, etc., I'd be committed in a jiffy. but...again: His ways are higher than my ways, and...

I have the "Schizophrenia" label, but I also have my parents. and my own modest, safe place (it belongs to my parents, not me). and...

ugh. here where I live, I get taunted with lies and psych jibber jabber, daily. 'narcissistic,' 'malingering,' 'junkie,' 'should have paid out of pocket' (no, really), and then "Dr.(old Catholic shrink who hates me) says he hates himself" and "Dr.(same one) says he's vacuous" and..

blah blah blah. did I mention that at the 1st hospital, the 'experts' wanted to put me in a homeless shelter, after having just been diagnosed HIV+ and having been heavily shocked? yeah..my parents nixed that, and...

the shrinks and their army of darkness tried to ruin their careers. ugh. drama, drama, drama...what was really rough? being blamed for the -whole thing- , because that's what shrinks do...somehow, its always the patient's fault. not just me, trust me.

God is Love. My parents ended up retiring well to do, I walked away from a wretched existence with a class A misdemeanor and probation, and now...

well, it would appear that in Christ...I have freedom and a lot of '..the desires of my heart...,' and the "Schizophrenia" label is just..??? a lot of people who survive psychiatry end up stuck with labels, doing what we/they can to stay healthy and alive...and out of hospitals, which often means having to deal with the outpatient junk. at least that way, its more on our/their terms, vs the harsh, draconian junk that happens in hospitals. blah. thankfully, I've never been committed, never been to a state facility (totally elitist, but it matters...harder to control someone who's never been in a state facility), and I have only been in a hospital 2x, the last well over 10 years ago, and..and...

blah blah blah. it isn't medicine. there's nothing scientific about it, either. the pills? ugh. my personal advice would be to avid messing with one's brain chemistry, when at all possible. and...if one needs a fix, for a season, talk to a family doctor about it. there's actually been research on this...family doctors can get the job done, they usually use lower doses and they do a better job with monitoring. true story.

ramble, ramble...my dreams of being set free have oddly come true...even with the labels. that's because of Jesus and my loving, long suffering, kind and generous parents...

most definitely -not- because of psychiatrists or the talking 'professionals.'

say no to psychiatry! :)

I don't know how accurate it is, but in a few places I've seen a graphic showing brain scans of various mental/neurological conditions, including PTSD and ADHD and at least two others. (For example, in ADHD brain scans show how the brain literally shuts down in the frontal cortex when the individual tries to concentrate. For PTSD they show how the brain activates in various regions during a flashback episode.) Could probably find it if I did some digging.

I think psych meds and stuff have their place, but there's still a lot we don't know about how mental illness works and so meds don't all work the same for everyone. I've known a few people who say their mental health providers did a blood panel on them to determine if certain psych meds would work for them, apparently they can actually determine that by some test. Some people's bodies are resistant to the drugs on the market.

Me, I take a couple psych meds, haven't had a dosage change in like a year or two. I guess they work well enough. I've started seeing a counselor again due to my mild to moderate work anxiety.

When I have a bout with anxiety and panics, I'm not worried about anything in particular, I'm in an irrational state of mind because my mind is misfiring due to a chemical imbalance. That is different than worrying about finances or other day to day things. On the matter of day to day things, we are always to give them to God. But it would be impossible for many sufferers of anxiety/panic disorders to, in the moment, turn it over to God. Having been there and knowing what it was doing to both my mind and body (for weeks and weeks until medical help intervened) I am hard pressed to think that those anxieties (clinical) are on the same level as day to day worries.

murders and why the mass murders occur is studied and how to prevent them .
I'm not in favor of that field but I know If I were to go into the mind of my veteran side and post the stories of me and others ,I would be shunned .ptsd is more then just flash backs ,i personally know of a chaplain retired who has felt without purpose as no church will hire him ,he does ministers but its In Congo ,locally despite his experience in the army,churches don't care .you die a bit once you retire ,there's that and the dreams ,depression,and anger,guilt ,self doubt and andreline junky side .

finding purpose and identity is a homework assignment .I have pondered it myself ,I agree my identity is in Christ but lets not lie .work does give us purpose especially if you are made to do something ,it hurts when you can't do what you have done for decades .

Back