Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Capital Punishment: The Movie

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Divisive response to a post
Again, an AP article is not proof of anything, anymore than a statement from CNN or FOX news.

AGAIN, as I said before, I hope you are right. I hope those criminals were brought to justice, as America can not survive without justice.

JLB

It is proof. It just doesn't fit your narrative and you won't admit that you are wrong. You are disingenuous!

It is proof. It just doesn't fit your narrative and you won't admit that you are wrong. You are disingenuous!

It’s not proof just because it’s stated in the MSM news cycle.

WIP said:
Here's one example. If we review the news reports from the Kyle Rittenhouse incident and compare them to the actual trial evidence, it is quite clear that the news reports were way off the mark by labeling and/or accusing him without a trial.

However, I hope you are right.

Telling people they are wrong because they don’t believe what you believe, or believe they way you believe is how these discussions go sideways into divisive dialog.

If you believe the article then that’s great, that’s your choice.

Again, I hope you are right.

If there were some actual names of people and the location of the city and the crime they committed where we could look up public records from the NCIC or local courts and verified that these crimes and the people who committed them were being prosecuted, then that would be proof.

There were no names mentioned in the article.

Since I grew up in a criminal justice family, where my mother was a prosecutor and father was a detective with HPD, I have a different perspective.

Because I have a different perspective, doesn’t make me wrong.

I will be issuing you a warning point, and ask that you tone down the divisive rhetoric.

Let’s keep this discussion peaceful and based in facts.

JLB

Last edited:
My main question is, what is crumbling?

Wow, this is far from the truth. I have lived in ghettos, trailer parks, and been homeless. I also slep in a shack with no running water or electricity during the winter. Right now I live in the muddle of no where in a house trailer that's falling apart. White picket fence my patoot.

I'm saying you are a man twice my age. Sorry, haven't had a computer in awhile and am posting on a small phone screen. Typos happen.

Not really. I haven't had cable in years. I read a smattering of articles from conservative, middle, and left websites.

We are all different.

So, you actually can see it crumbling. I knew that. I just needed to hear you say it.

Even so, there's nothing to worry about for us Christians. The Lord has always shown to care for His people. I tell you one thing brother, you do sound like the kind of guy who could benefit from some blessings, sounds tough for you. Our scriptures tell us that we have not because we ask not. (Matthew 21:22, John 15:7, Matthew 6:33)

Yet, my reality actually is different. Nothing in my life has changed over the last couple of years other than I have gotten a better job that the Lord open doors for me to get. If anything because of the Lord opening that door for me, my life has improved.

So seriously, I don't perceive things as bad as you guys do. I am still able to live my life and do the things that I enjoy, albeit just a little better.

Something I've noticed over the years, through all the ups and downs of life here is that no matter how bad it gets...it always seems like things have a way of working out for us.

Have had plenty of shut off notices here and there in slow times, and yet, the lights are still on. A thin refrigerator but, I'm not really missing any meals either. I think the only people who really get repossessed or their lights turned off are the drug addicts.

(That's God, coming through for people even when they're still sinners.) Once you realize that, money don't mean as much any more! I remember there was no work and in the morning I sure prayed for some work and then went on with my day. In the afternoon, I'm pulling into my friends place with the thought of borrowing money...and the Lord said to me (very clearly!), what kind of faith is that? Didn't you just pray and ask this morning?! And I felt convicted about that so I didn't ask my friend to borrow money. And a weird thing happened right after I got back home. I found 4 100 dollar bills in my house in my hiding spot (that I know was empty!).

I think when we praise God for any help we get, He has a way of making an increase for us. For standing in faith upon Him rather than asking man's help. This all taught me to be content with what I have rather than anxious over what we don't have. Ask and ye shall receive and Praise God seven times a day!

And things will work out.

It’s not proof just because it’s stated in the MSM news cycle.

However, I hope you are right.

Telling people they are wrong because they don’t believe what you believe, or believe they way you believe is how these discussions go sideways into divisive dialog.

If you believe the article then that’s great, that’s your choice.

Again, I hope you are right.

If there were some actual names of people and the location of the city and the crime they committed where we could look up public records from the NCIC or local courts and verified that these crimes and the people who committed them were being prosecuted, then that would be proof.

There were no names mentioned in the article.

Since I grew up in a criminal justice family, where my mother was a prosecutor and father was a detective with HPD, I have a different perspective.

Because I have a different perspective, doesn’t make me wrong.

I will be issuing you a warning point, and ask that you tone down the divisive rhetoric.

Let’s keep this discussion peaceful and based in facts.

JLB

I think when we praise God for any help we get, He has a way of making an increase for us. For standing in faith upon Him rather than asking man's help. This all taught me to be content with what I have rather than anxious over what we don't have. Ask and ye shall receive and Praise God seven times a day!

Amen.

I'm not a progressive. I'm a moderate.

You can look up the bias of a news reporting agency online. That is what I did.
I'm not identifying you as a progressive. I don't know exactly where you stand though I suspect that it is considerably left of the 'imaginary' center.

I personally don't think that there is such a thing as a 'moderate' these days. You're either honestly seeking the Truth or you are not.

I don't feel like I need someone else to tell me who is reliable in the news world. I prefer to decide that on my own. I'm surprised that you didn't.

Be well.

I'm not identifying you as a progressive. I don't know exactly where you stand though I suspect that it is considerably left of the 'imaginary' center.

I personally don't think that there is such a thing as a 'moderate' these days. You're either honestly seeking the Truth or you are not.

I don't feel like I need someone else to tell me who is reliable in the news world. I prefer to decide that on my own. I'm surprised that you didn't.

Be well.

I am center. You can disagree if you choose, but I know what I am.

I also looked it up so that there would be no question as to which way the source leaned. Looking things up is a way to be sure that the information you are providing is unbiased.

I also looked it up so that there would be no question as to which way the source leaned. Looking things up is a way to be sure that the information you are providing is unbiased.
Why would you need to 'look up' which way the source is leaned? Is it because you can't be bothered to do your own research or because you don't trust your own research?

Why would you need to 'look up' which way the source is leaned? Is it because you can't be bothered to do your own research or because you don't trust your own research?

Not even going to bother to explain it to you. You are trying to trap me and I can see it.

I'm not going to play that game.

I also looked it up so that there would be no question as to which way the source leaned.
Not even going to bother to explain it to you. You are trying to trap me and I can see it.

I'm not going to play that game.
This is no game, brother. What would cause you not to rely on your own eyes and ears?

I ran into someone yesterday who allowed his own eyes to be debunked, his own eyes! How lost must a person feel who could not believe his own eyes? It's really sad.

This is no game, brother. What would cause you not to rely on your own eyes and ears?

I ran into someone yesterday who allowed his own eyes to be debunked, his own eyes! How lost must a person feel who could not believe his own eyes? It's really sad.
You are talking about me and no it wasn't my own eyes that got debunked. The vid showed someone trying to scan ballets and it took a couple tries to get them to read. Tucker Carlson and some other grifters picked up the clip and spun the situation.

Audits on the ballets cleared up the misconception.

If you want to say eyes were debunked, did you see Biden's total tick up every attempt?

You are talking about me and no it wasn't my own eyes that got debunked. The vid showed someone trying to scan ballets and it took a couple tries to get them to read. Tucker Carlson and some other grifters picked up the clip and spun the situation.

Audits on the ballets cleared up the misconception.

If you want to say eyes were debunked, did you see Biden's total tick up every attempt?
Did you get that from the AP?

If it's your conscience that's bothering you, that is a good thing. It is an indication that the Spirit of Truth has not left you and is still communicating within you. Some people are no longer able to hear that.
Isaiah 6:9-10 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

That's scary.

Back