Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] car trouble :-)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
oh man. car wouldn't start, in the parking lot of a big box store. I'd just done pick up. to top it off, it was close to opening, so a group of employees were on benches out front, and I really felt like they were staring...and they may well have been (note to self: life happens...). and so...

called dad. car's under some kind of warranty deal thru the dealership. battery. dad paid for it. typical stuff that happens with a mix of outcast in the area plus mental replays of outcast stuff from before...but I did OK, by His grace. And...because of my parents' love and support, too. friend texted. her hoa is crazy. tried to be lightly humorous but also supportive. and it hits me....

in the midst of...err...the affliction and all...

my parents never got rid of me. never fully disowned me. never went to prison or homeless or even a group home or the state hospital. i'm typing this on a laptop provided by them, in a place provided by them, and i'll hopefully see them tonight, for dinner.

especially in Christ...priorities shift, thank God. for me, in particular, getting my priorities straight -- Jesus, family, then a mix of where Jesus is going with me and others...

-huge blessing-

I thought about calling dad, right when I rolled out with a fresh new battery. decided to text. nothing emo, just "thanks dad" and he replied almost immediately: you're welcome. love is a -verb- , it is an action. :)

ok. I praise God for His mercy, love, and kindness. :)

oh man. car wouldn't start, in the parking lot of a big box store. I'd just done pick up. to top it off, it was close to opening, so a group of employees were on benches out front, and I really felt like they were staring...and they may well have been (note to self: life happens...). and so...

called dad. car's under some kind of warranty deal thru the dealership. battery. dad paid for it. typical stuff that happens with a mix of outcast in the area plus mental replays of outcast stuff from before...but I did OK, by His grace. And...because of my parents' love and support, too. friend texted. her hoa is crazy. tried to be lightly humorous but also supportive. and it hits me....

in the midst of...err...the affliction and all...

my parents never got rid of me. never fully disowned me. never went to prison or homeless or even a group home or the state hospital. i'm typing this on a laptop provided by them, in a place provided by them, and i'll hopefully see them tonight, for dinner.

especially in Christ...priorities shift, thank God. for me, in particular, getting my priorities straight -- Jesus, family, then a mix of where Jesus is going with me and others...

-huge blessing-

I thought about calling dad, right when I rolled out with a fresh new battery. decided to text. nothing emo, just "thanks dad" and he replied almost immediately: you're welcome. love is a -verb- , it is an action. :)

ok. I praise God for His mercy, love, and kindness. :)
You really need to write a book.
"Short Stories From The Blessed"

Back