Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Catholic and Anglican Church pray to the Jewish God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

user.

Question: If these two churches are Christian, why do they pray to the God of the (Talmudic) Jews? To the God of those who reject Jesus? Jesus called the God of the Jews the devil (John 8:44).

Pope Francis
VID631111_EN.jpg

Pope John Paul II
john-paul-ii-western-wall.jpg

Pope Benedict XVI
f532e798-0001-0005-0000-000001519816_w665_r1.33_fpx66.67_fpy50.jpg

Archbishop of Canterbury
F170502YS12.jpg

Question: If these two churches are Christian, why do they pray to the God of the (Talmudic) Jews? To the God of those who reject Jesus? Jesus called the God of the Jews the devil (John 8:44).

Pope Francis
VID631111_EN.jpg

Pope John Paul II
john-paul-ii-western-wall.jpg

Pope Benedict XVI
f532e798-0001-0005-0000-000001519816_w665_r1.33_fpx66.67_fpy50.jpg

Archbishop of Canterbury
F170502YS12.jpg
How does location change the God to whom one is praying? Can't a Christian pray at a Jewish location and pray for their salvation or peace or whatever?

Pope Francis's Prayer placed in the western wall . 5/2009

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/15952/pope-brings-hopes-and-sufferings-to-western-wall

God of all the ages,
on my visit to Jerusalem, the "City of Peace",
spiritual home to Jews, Christians and Muslims alike,
I bring before you the joys, the hopes and the aspirations,
the trials, the suffering and the pain of all your people throughout the world.
God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,

hear the cry of the afflicted, the fearful, the bereft;
send your peace upon this Holy Land, upon the Middle East,
upon the entire human family;

stir the hearts of all who call upon your name,
to walk humbly in the path of justice and compassion.
"The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul that seeks him!”

I'm not a fan of the papal system but I guess we should just make God so gentile that he is a pig .

How does location change the God to whom one is praying? Can't a Christian pray at a Jewish location and pray for their salvation or peace or whatever?
You're downplaying it. The Popes and the Anglican Archbishop did not just pray in another place, they prayed in front of the holiest place of the Jews and even kissed it. That is clear idolatry from the point of view of the Bible. A Christian must not pray in front of a Buddha statue, in a mosque or in a synagogue.

The God of the Jews is not the God of the Christians!

Really should read the book!!!

God bless,
Ted
Who are you? I have read the bible.

I refer to great Theologians who agree with me that the God of the Jews are not the God of the Christians. I ask you again? Who are you?

miamited
You don't know the Great Church Fathers were anti-jewish? Think about it why they were Anti-Jewish. They were because the Bible is.

If you don't accept the Church Fathers, don't talk with me you Zionist.

Who are you? I have read the bible.

I refer to great Theologians who agree with me that the God of the Jews are not the God of the Christians. I ask you again? Who are you?
miamited
You don't know the Great Church Fathers were anti-jewish? Think about it why they were Anti-Jewish. They were because the Bible is.

Well, maybe try seeking the wisdom of the Holy Spirit as you 'read' so that you gain understanding. Friend, all believers worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Jesus. The God who caused, by His Spirit to write, through the hands of faithful Jewish men, His testimony to us. We all worship the same God. But much like you, the Jews just never understood what it was that God was asking of them.

But the Jews are God's people and always will be, so long as this earth endures. We now, can be grafted into that same vine. Praise God, through Jesus. I'm sorry to offend, but your statements are nonsense to someone who understands what God is doing in this realm. What He has told you He is doing from the very beginning. There is only one God and He is the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. The same God of Jesus.

God bless,
Ted

The same God as the God of Moses.
The same God who spoke to Pharoah through His servant Aaron.
The same God who walked with Adam in the garden.
The same God who formed Eve from his rib.
The same God who stood with David
The same God who spoke through Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc.

Oh friend, anyone teaching you of a different God than the God of Israel is lying to you. He is the same God... yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is that God!

God bless,
Ted

The same God as the God of Moses.
The same God who spoke to Pharoah through His servant Aaron.
The same God who walked with Adam in the garden.
The same God who formed Eve from his rib.
The same God who stood with David
The same God who spoke through Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc.

Oh friend, anyone teaching you of a different God than the God of Israel is lying to you. He is the same God... yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is that God!

God bless,
Ted
The true spiritual Israel is Christianity. The prophets from the Old Testament are Christians. Everyone from every Nation who follows Christ is a spiritual Jew, a Christian, and belongs to the spiritual Israel.

That's the teaching of the Church Fathers which is biblical. But Zionists like you don't understand it. Only Children of God understand.

The one who belongs to the people of God is not the one who ethnically descends from Abraham. The one who belongs to the people of God is the one who believes and follows God! But you racist Zionists do not understand this! God does not look at the flesh but at the spirit. Moses was a Christian, because he followed the angel of the Lord who was Christ. The people of God is Christianity, it has always been.

You Zionists will soon see what God will do with you!

miamited

All Jesus diciples and the Apotles are Jews. Jesus was raised Jewish. Paul is a Jew. Peter is a Jew. Thousands upon thousands of Jews come to christ. That's in the scriptures.

The bible is not anti-jewish. Jesus loves the Jewish people. God loves the Jewish people. The true Chruch has always prayed for the Jewish people.

It upsets me when people geberalise and say things about jews.

You're downplaying it. The Popes and the Anglican Archbishop did not just pray in another place, they prayed in front of the holiest place of the Jews and even kissed it. That is clear idolatry from the point of view of the Bible. A Christian must not pray in front of a Buddha statue, in a mosque or in a synagogue.
How would praying to God in front of the Western Wall idolatry? Do you actually think they’re praying to the wall?

The God of the Jews is not the God of the Christians!
Really? It is the same God from the beginning to the end of the Bible last I checked. They have an incomplete picture of God because they reject the NT, but that doesn’t mean they worship another God.

Is your God a pig? I am sorry for you.
You claim we shouldn't worship a Jewish God.

The Jewish God revealed much of himself by his choice to the Hebrew nation

What book did Noah write ? The other saints ?

God is a god of the Jews and hasn't forgot his people .

I suggest actually listening to Orthodox rabbis and chassiduc .they aren't liberals In what the Torah says.
Ie Ben Shapiro ,Dennis Prager .

Saved ? Probably not .

Back