Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Catholic and Anglican Church pray to the Jewish God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That's right, God condemns carnal Israel throughout the Bible. They are against God and that is why they fell. There is a remnant of Jews who believe Christ, but it is only a fraction, most of them are against Christ. The apostate nation of Israel is against Christ and is also Babylon the Great. God will punish them according to the Book of Revelation.

I am not saying that the God of the Jews is different, Jesus is saying it. He calls their God the devil and their synagogues satanic. If you say you believe in the same God as the Jews, then you can believe that. But Christians have another God, their God is the Trinitarian God.

So you think it was just bad luck that Jesus died? Yes, you're right, the same God that condemns Israel throughout the words of the prophets, is the same God who delivered the suffering servant to die for our sin. And used His own people to carry it out. It's the same God throughout the Scriptures.

God bless,
Ted

So you think it was just bad luck that Jesus died? Yes, you're right, the same God that condemns Israel throughout the words of the prophets, is the same God who delivered the suffering servant to die for our sin. And used His own people to carry it out. It's the same God throughout the Scriptures.

God bless,
Ted
You obviously can't argue, you don't respond to my answers, instead you repeat yourself.

Jesus died because the Jews killed him. They cried out and said "His blood be on us and on our children", which in the Hebrew language means the taking of guilt. What a great thing this is! They took upon themselves the guilt of the death of Jesus Christ, the sinless God! Nothing is worse than that. I tell you, even if someone were to kill all the approximately 8 billion people living on earth, it would not be as bad a sin as killing Jesus Christ! The Jews, according to the New Testament, not only killed Christ, they also persecuted the church, and even set others on them! They stoned Paul, they also flogged him several times! They have secretly incited Gentiles against Christians and Paul!

But what does Paul say about the Jews in 1 Thessalonians 1:14-16? See for yourself:
14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, since you have also suffered the same things from people of your own country, just as they did from the Jews 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and persecuted us. They displease God and are hostile to everyone, 16 by keeping us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. As a result, they are constantly filling up their sins to the limit, and wrath has overtaken them at last.

Hi again user.
He did not speak to "some insignificant Jews", he spoke to the Pharisees, to the greatest scholars of Judaism, to the fathers of Judaism.
That's right! Tell him what he's won Johnny! Yes, Jesus accused the leaders of the Jews of many sins. Not the least of which was their teachings about God were wrong. But that only means that the Jews, just like many christians, didn't understand 'what' God was doing. It doesn't mean they worshipped a different God. And lets do keep in mind that every word found in the Scriptures, except for maybe Luke and Job come to us from the people of God.

You wouldn't know squat about this God that you claim to worship, without the faithful work of the Jews to preserve and protect the very words from which you came to know about God. There is nothing in all of the Scriptures, that didn't come to us through the line of God's people...Israel. All the writings of Paul...jewish. All the writings of John, Mark, Matthew, come to us through the Jews. The entirety of the old covenant, even though Job himself may not have been a Jew, the account comes to us through the work of the Jews to preserve and protect God's word.

Son, you just don't understand exactly how much you have to be thankful for the nation of Israel, that you even know this God that you claim is different. That you even know who Jesus is, is dependent on the Scriptures that the Jews wrote. Let me ask you: Apart from the Scriptures, give me one truth that you know that you know about God that you gleaned from some other source. Just one.

God bless,
Ted

Jesus died because the Jews killed him. They cried out and said "His blood be on us and on our children", which in the Hebrew language means the taking of guilt. What a great thing this is! They took upon themselves the guilt of the death of Jesus Christ, the sinless God! Nothing is worse than that. I tell you, even if someone were to kill all the approximately 8 billion people living on earth, it would not be as bad a sin as killing Jesus Christ! The Jews, according to the New Testament, not only killed Christ, they also persecuted the church, and even set others on them! They stoned Paul, they also flogged him several times! They have secretly incited Gentiles against Christians and Paul!
Hi again user.

Yes, there were some among them that did all of that. Just as there is such a wide range of beliefs among the christian faith, the Jewish faith also suffers from lack of wisdom of the people. But that's what God told them.

"The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner’s manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.”
The Jews, just like many christians just didn't understand what was going on. But God still accomplished His great purpose through them. They did exactly what the angel told Daniel that they were supposed to do...and right on time.
“Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Do you honestly believe that God can't work His will among the lives of mankind?

Hey, did you figure out yet why Jesus cried out, "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?

God bless,
Ted

14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, since you have also suffered the same things from people of your own country, just as they did from the Jews 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and persecuted us. They displease God and are hostile to everyone, 16 by keeping us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. As a result, they are constantly filling up their sins to the limit, and wrath has overtaken them at last.

Hi user.

You do realize that passage says nothing to reflect that the Jews didn't serve the same God. They were sinners just like the rest of us. Yes, some of the kings and rulers over Israel killed some of the prophets. Yes, the Jews killed the Lord, Jesus. Yes, the Jews were constantly filling up their sins to the limit and God's wrath did overtake them, in Paul's day, in 70 A.D.

But that says nothing to your argument that the Jews worship a different God. Yes, they displeased God, but that just supports my idea that it's still the same God that worked through Israel and is written of in their writings. Just as before you and I came to know Jesus and his purpose, we were displeasing to God also.

Anyway, you've now accused me several times of not answering your questions. I think that I have, but hey, I don't understand things as you seem to. I'm still waiting on your answer as to why Jesus cried out, "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?" Any chance you'd throw a bone my way? LOL.

God bless,
Ted

Back