Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Catholic and Anglican Church pray to the Jewish God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
When you pray at the wall.they pray in blindness for the messiah to come to restore isreal .

Often the modern eschatology of the church involves a 1000 year reign from Jerusalem.

They do see it differently in what the messiah will be and do .but it's not that far different of the traditional old chialism of Justin martyr day.

Btw I'm amil. I see it differently then that .

Is your God a pig?
He is the God who spoke to Abraham. The only God there is.

The Catholic Church rejects nothing that is true and holy in these religions. She regards with sincere reverence those ways of conduct and of life, those precepts and teachings which, though differing in many aspects from the ones she holds and sets forth, nonetheless often reflect a ray of that Truth which enlightens all men.
As the sacred synod searches into the mystery of the Church, it remembers the bond that spiritually ties the people of the New Covenant to Abraham's stock.

Thus the Church of Christ acknowledges that, according to God's saving design, the beginnings of her faith and her election are found already among the Patriarchs, Moses and the prophets. She professes that all who believe in Christ-Abraham's sons according to faith (6)-are included in the same Patriarch's call, and likewise that the salvation of the Church is mysteriously foreshadowed by the chosen people's exodus from the land of bondage. The Church, therefore, cannot forget that she received the revelation of the Old Testament through the people with whom God in His inexpressible mercy concluded the Ancient Covenant. Nor can she forget that she draws sustenance from the root of that well-cultivated olive tree onto which have been grafted the wild shoots, the Gentiles.(7) Indeed, the Church believes that by His cross Christ, Our Peace, reconciled Jews and Gentiles. making both one in Himself.(8)

The Church keeps ever in mind the words of the Apostle about his kinsmen: "theirs is the sonship and the glory and the covenants and the law and the worship and the promises; theirs are the fathers and from them is the Christ according to the flesh" (Rom. 9:4-5), the Son of the Virgin Mary. She also recalls that the Apostles, the Church's main-stay and pillars, as well as most of the early disciples who proclaimed Christ's Gospel to the world, sprang from the Jewish people.

As Holy Scripture testifies, Jerusalem did not recognize the time of her visitation,(9) nor did the Jews in large number, accept the Gospel; indeed not a few opposed its spreading.(10) Nevertheless, God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle.(11) In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).(12)

Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues.

From Nostra Aetate
PROCLAIMED BY HIS HOLINESS
POPE PAUL VI
ON OCTOBER 28, 1965

How would praying to God in front of the Western Wall idolatry? Do you actually think they’re praying to the wall?
The Wailing Wall is a Jewish holy site, it is not Christian. Those who pray at holy sites of other religions are committing idolatry. Whoever prays in a mosque, synagogue or Buddhist temple is not a Christian. The religion of Christians is Christianity and the place of prayer is the church.
Really? It is the same God from the beginning to the end of the Bible last I checked. They have an incomplete picture of God because they reject the NT, but that doesn’t mean they worship another God.
Jesus himself called their God the devil (John 8:44) and their synagogues devilish (Rev 2:9). The God of the Jews isn't the God of the Christians.

Hi user.

Let me ask you. Do the Scriptures tell us that Jesus would die for sin before he was born? Do the Scriptures give us some prophetic clues as to 'how' he would die that death?

God bless,
Ted

Hi user.

Let me ask you. Do the Scriptures tell us that Jesus would die for sin before he was born? Do the Scriptures give us some prophetic clues as to 'how' he would die that death?

God bless,
Ted
You Zionist. Before talking with me, go learn what the Church Fathers have taught, then you can return and talk with me.

You Zionist. Before talking with me, go learn what the Church Fathers have taught, then you can return and talk with me.
Hi again @user,

I'm really not much interested in what the 'Church Fathers' taught. I don't even know who the 'Church Fathers' are. I just know that there were some, who were a part of the early churches, who taught things, but I think Jesus was pretty plain in his letter to the churches, that a lot of them didn't have it right. So, why should I trust these 'Church Fathers' who were a part of the very churches that Jesus said were in error?

Friend, for me, it's the Scriptures or nothing, as far as knowing that I know that what God says is true. If it's in the Scriptures, I got it! If it isn't, then I'm going to need to do some Berean work to determine if it's true. Look, the entire Catholic organization is based on manmade rules and ideas gleaned from what they refer to as the 'early church fathers', but I'm not a part of that theological understanding of 'who' God is. 'What' He has done. What He asks of us.

So, you and I do serve a different God apparently. I believe in and my faith is fully resting in the promises of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is the God who created this realm of existence in which we live. He is the one who has promised salvation for those who would trust in His Son. That's the God I trust.

God bless,
Ted

So, I'm to assume that you don't want to answer whether or not the Scriptures tell us how and when and why Jesus was to die?

God bless,
Ted

You know, that entire argument isn't supporting your understanding. You're now trying to make the argument that the Jews aren't God's people. I'm sorry, but that's nowhere near the same as saying that there are two different Gods. You do see that, don't you?

Look, even though you refuse to answer my questions regarding the prophecies of Jesus, let me just give you a bit of understanding of what God has done for us.

Jesus had to die! That's a no brainer for any believer. Jesus had to die for there to be any atonement for mankind's sin. I don't know of any believer who would argue that point. Even Paul said that if Jesus didn't die and was raised again from the dead, then we are all still in our sin. So, do we agree that Jesus had to die?

The Scriptures give us quite a few passages of prophetic writing telling us the actual 'how' that Jesus was going to die. Do you know that his death at the hands of God's people is exactly what God wanted the Jews to do? He splashed throughout the Scriptures all these prophecies of 'how' Jesus was going to die and then God used His people, Israel, to accomplish that task.

Now, they just didn't understand. But even in their ignorance God carefully and meticulously used them to accomplish His will...that Jesus die for our sin. We know that God used them because they did exactly what the Scriptures had prophesied that they would do in order to bring about Jesus' death. I don't think you understand that Israel did, in preparing Jesus for his sacrifice, exactly what God had all along knew and planned for them to do. The Jewish leaders did exactly what they were supposed to do in clamoring for Jesus' death.

Where would you be today if Jesus hadn't died? And do you really believe, reading through all of the prophecies of his death, that it didn't go down exactly as it was supposed to? The Jews are God's beloved people and they did exactly what they were supposed to do with Jesus. They crucified him just as the Scriptures foretold that they would do and that act brought salvation to the whole world.

he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

God made Jesus to be the sacrifice for sin and He used His people Israel to accomplish that task. Do you really think that God was going to leave the death of His one and only Son for the sins of the world...to chance? Friend, it was all carefully planned out and carried out, just as the writing and passing down from generation to generation the words of God was carefully planned and carried out by God's people...Israel.

Jesus hung on that cross and cried out, "Father, why have you forsaken me." Do you know why he said that?

God bless,
Ted

You know, that entire argument isn't supporting your understanding. You're now trying to make the argument that the Jews aren't God's people. I'm sorry, but that's nowhere near the same as saying that there are two different Gods. You do see that, don't you?

Look, even though you refuse to answer my questions regarding the prophecies of Jesus, let me just give you a bit of understanding of what God has done for us.

Jesus had to die! That's a no brainer for any believer. Jesus had to die for there to be any atonement for mankind's sin. I don't know of any believer who would argue that point. Even Paul said that if Jesus didn't die and was raised again from the dead, then we are all still in our sin. So, do we agree that Jesus had to die?

The Scriptures give us quite a few passages of prophetic writing telling us the actual 'how' that Jesus was going to die. Do you know that his death at the hands of God's people is exactly what God wanted the Jews to do? He splashed throughout the Scriptures all these prophecies of 'how' Jesus was going to die and then God used His people, Israel, to accomplish that task.

Now, they just didn't understand. But even in their ignorance God carefully and meticulously used them to accomplish His will...that Jesus die for our sin. We know that God used them because they did exactly what the Scriptures had prophesied that they would do in order to bring about Jesus' death. I don't think you understand that Israel did, in preparing Jesus for his sacrifice, exactly what God had all along knew and planned for them to do. The Jewish leaders did exactly what they were supposed to do in clamoring for Jesus' death.

Where would you be today if Jesus hadn't died? And do you really believe, reading through all of the prophecies of his death, that it didn't go down exactly as it was supposed to? The Jews are God's beloved people and they did exactly what they were supposed to do with Jesus. They crucified him just as the Scriptures foretold that they would do and that act brought salvation to the whole world.

he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”

God made Jesus to be the sacrifice for sin and He used His people Israel to accomplish that task. Do you really think that God was going to leave the death of His one and only Son for the sins of the world...to chance? Friend, it was all carefully planned out and carried out, just as the writing and passing down from generation to generation the words of God was carefully planned and carried out by God's people...Israel.

Jesus hung on that cross and cried out, "Father, why have you forsaken me." Do you know why he said that?

God bless,
Ted
I have already given the proof that the God of the Jews isn't the God of the Christians. Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil. You understand? Maybe you can't because you are old, so I repeat: Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil.

John 8:44

Hi again user.

I'm sorry. Let me be a bit more specific as to what Jesus said, because it matters.

He cried out, "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?"

Do you know why Jesus said that statement?

God bless,
Ted

Hi again user.

I'm sorry. Let me be a bit more specific as to what Jesus said, because it matters.

He cried out, "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?"

Do you know why Jesus said that statement?

God bless,
Ted
Go into John 8:44, otherwise, everyone here will see that you are just dodging and have no arguments.

Jesus also called their synagogues satanic in Revelation 2:9.

Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil. You understand? Maybe you can't because you are old, so I repeat: Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil.
No, Jesus didn't say that. He did tell a group of Jews who were before him at one point claiming of themselves to be God's people, that their father was the devil. But that was the same complaint that God has laid against Israel for hundreds of years.

Through just about every prophet, God chastised the Israelites for their unfaithfulness. I think it's clear that most of Israel didn't get what God was doing through them. Just as many christians today don't understand what God is doing. But the lack of understanding of men, doesn't negate God's work or God's word. But you seem unwilling to learn and so I suppose you won't.

Do you know why Jesus cried out, "My God, My God. Why have you forsaken me?"

God bless,
Ted

Hi again user.
Yes, and God regularly spoke against Israel and all of their false worship and idolatry. But that doesn't mean that He isn't the same God that has lived forever and ever and worked through His people Israel to bring about our salvation through His Son, Jesus. You're just making the claim that because the Israelites didn't get it, that the God they served is a different God. That really doesn't make any sense at all but hey, if it works for you, then so be it.

God bless,
Ted

No, Jesus didn't say that. He did tell a group of Jews who were before him at one point claiming of themselves to be God's people, that their father was the devil. But that was the same complaint that God has laid against Israel for hundreds of years.

Through just about every prophet, God chastised the Israelites for their unfaithfulness. I think it's clear that most of Israel didn't get what God was doing through them. Just as many christians today don't understand what God is doing. But the lack of understanding of men, doesn't negate God's work or God's word. But you seem unwilling to learn and so I suppose you won't.

God bless,
Ted
He did not speak to "some insignificant Jews", he spoke to the Pharisees, to the greatest scholars of Judaism, to the fathers of Judaism. To this day the Pharisees are revered throughout Judaism, to this day their teachings are considered decisive. Whoever says to the Pharisees that they worship the devil, says that all of Judaism prays to the devil. This is like saying that Paul, the greatest theologian of Christianity, worshipped the devil. Whoever says that to Paul, says that to all Christians. Because all Christians follow Paul. Jesus called the God of the Pharisees the devil, and by that he called every Jew a devil worshipper.

You say "Christians don't know what God is doing", what a lie. True Christians are in Christ they know what God is doing and they know Him. Who are you? I know who you are, you are the one who prays to the same God the Jews worship. Their God is your God.

I have already given the proof that the God of the Jews isn't the God of the Christians. Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil. You understand? Maybe you can't because you are old, so I repeat: Jesus himself said the God of the Jews is the Devil.

John 8:44
No you are cherry picking versus and using a translation that can be more easily taken out if context. If you read the totality of John 8 and nit just the isolated verse it's clear Jesus is speaking to both the crowd of Jewish people and the Pharasies. Jesus was saying the pharasies had given themselves over to the Devil because they did not recognize him. He spoke to the crowd and many fallowed him.

It has nothing to do with being Jewish, and mote to do with rejecting hum.

You can not have Christianity withouvthe bed rock of Judaism.

Hi again user.

Yes, and God regularly spoke against Israel and all of their false worship and idolatry. But that doesn't mean that He isn't the same God that has lived forever and ever and worked through His people Israel to bring about our salvation through His Son, Jesus. You're just making the claim that because the Israelites didn't get it, that the God they served is a different God. That really doesn't make any sense at all but hey, if it works for you, then so be it.

God bless,
Ted
That's right, God condemns carnal Israel throughout the Bible. They are against God and that is why they fell. There is a remnant of Jews who believe Christ, but it is only a fraction, most of them are against Christ. The apostate nation of Israel is against Christ and is also Babylon the Great. God will punish them according to the Book of Revelation.

I am not saying that the God of the Jews is different, Jesus is saying it. He calls their God the devil and their synagogues satanic. If you say you believe in the same God as the Jews, then you can believe that. But Christians have another God, their God is the Trinitarian God.

Go into John 8:44, otherwise, everyone here will see that you are just dodging and have no arguments.

Look, more cheery picking. Your verse from Revelations was talking about people lying about being of the faith.

I have a feeling you have not read any of these sections as a whole.

Back