Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Chopper's thread 0n Rapture

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks for the thread Chopper, very much a pleasant Bible study.
Blessings

Well, blessings right back to you my friend. This sure has been a very informative exercise, to say the least. I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. I'm sure we will take a cruse down Scripture lane again. Until then, keep the faith.:wave

Well, here we go with the results of all your's and my efforts to reach a reasonably conclusion to what's going to happen in the future, as to our Savior's return to the earth. Again, I thank all of you who participated in this thread, or should I say thread's.

I have gone over a very large number of notes that you posted on End Times theology. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ for His Church and bringing God's beloved Israel to recognize their Messiah, is the most important event that believers have to look forward too. I don't know about you, but I'm ready! In order to arrive at a conclusion of what is the most Scriptural position of what will happen in the future, as it has to do with the gathering of believers and the second coming of our Savior Jesus Christ, I was limited by the few people who responded with different positions.

There were a few Pre-Tribers, no Mid-Tribers, and most were Post-Tribers. There were some Partial-Preterist adherents as well. I have given each position a place, in my opinion, of credibility based on Scripture.

1st Place goes to the Post-Trib position. I based that on the number of posters who held that position and the vast amount of Scripture that was presented to establish a very believable future event.

2nd place goes to the Partial-Preterist position. Many of you spent hours recording many Scriptures from Daniel 9, and others. I really enjoyed all of your posts, and learned a lot of information that was new to me. I had wished that I could have received more information and Scripture on what must take place after 70 AD. I had to combine the Preterist with the Futurist position to achieve this but was still short on reliable doctrine.

3rd place went to Pre-Trib. Main line denominations, such as Baptist and a few others hold to this position. There are not a lot of Scripture that support this position, but a lot of reasoning, in my opinion.

The text that I felt best described future events was 2 Thess. 2:1-12. In verse 1 it says, "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him". That was the focus of my thread. There were phrases like "except there comes a falling away first" and "Man of sin be revealed" that must happen before Jesus comes a second time. These have never happened, they are future as well as a rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem.

I wish I could make everyone happy, this is a very controversial subject with a lot of speculation and different ways of interpreting Scripture.

So, thank you again for your participation in this thread.

I plan to start another End Times thread centered on the "man of lawlessness" and the "mystery of lawlessness". A few ideas came to my mind while studying this past thread and I would like to explore it.

Hey Chopper, first Thanks ... thanks for your efforts to keep the thread on track. the kindness you have shown to those who have different views .. Just a note for your mind orthodox preterists are post trib .. :)

Hey Chopper, first Thanks ... thanks for your efforts to keep the thread on track. the kindness you have shown to those who have different views .. Just a note for your mind orthodox preterists are post trib .. :)

I had read that somewhere, thank you. You are in charge with my three threads, or should I say, one thread with three expressions. I will answer any questions but for all practical purposes, I'm through with my thread. It's up to you, I guess, to close it.
I'm glad you are post-trib, same as me. :sohappy

Chopper it is great fun in the Lord to discuss different points of view with out the so often present anger.... I do hope we can all learn this deeply.

Chopper it is great fun in the Lord to discuss different points of view with out the so often present anger.... I do hope we can all learn this deeply.

I agree Reba, The hostility that I encountered when I first joined this Forum, and started communicating in the threads, was a little upsetting to me. You made a couple of encouraging posts to me, and I decided to hang on and try to change the climate of posting, if I could. I hope, in the future, if folk know that a thread is from me, they will remember that I don't go for hostility. And, if they see that you are a moderator of that thread, they will "be good". Thank you very much!:hug

Back