Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ applies redemption as well!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It makes them Perfect before God !

The death of Christ alone, for all whom He died, which was only for His Church, His Body, it perfected them all before God's Law and Justice.

Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering/His Death he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This word perfected is the greek word teleioō and means:

to make perfect, complete

a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end

2) to complete (perfect)

a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

b) to be found perfect

3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4) to accomplish

a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event

1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

Its used once as consecrate Heb 7:28

Now the AMP bible captures the Truth and meaning of the word in Heb 10:14 by rendering it:

14 For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.

In this one offering of Christ, for those He died for, before God they are absolutely complete and entire by the Offering See Col 2:10, consisting in the remission of all their sins, and the Imputation of Christ's Righteousness ! Its Christ's Perfection imputed and the Grounds of their Perfection before God, a free act of Grace !

It bears fruit unto God !

The Death of Christ, in and of itself, bears fruit unto God ! Jesus says in the 12th of Jn 12:24,32-33

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus was indicating His Death and what it would effect, fruit unto God; that being all kinds of men shall be drawn or led to Him by it.

That word draw is the greek word helkō and means:

to draw, drag off

2) metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

As a result of His Death, the fruit of it will be that all for whom He died will be lead or impeled to Him.

What that mean is this, remember Jesus words here Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Well the word draw is another way of saying " He leadeth them out " That word leadeth means: fetch out,to cause to come; bring

Notice also it says that He putteth forth His own Sheep ! The word bring forth is the greek ekballō:

to bring out of, to draw or bring forth

Jn 10:3 says that He calleth His own Sheep by Name. When He does that He puts forth His Power, and they [His Sheep, His People] are made willing in that day

to lead one forth or away somewhere with a force which he cannot resist

This is the irresistible call of the Elect or the Sheep to follow Christ.

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

And as a result of Him putting them forth, they follow Him, or become His Disciple. That word follow is the greek word akoloutheō:

to follow one who precedes, join him as his attendant, accompany him

2) to join one as a disciple, become or be his disciple

a) side with his party

And thats what the Death of Christ promised to do in bearing fruit, it produces followers, believers, disciples, learners of Christ, and thats a guarantee !

Thats what Jesus promised to do by His Death, draw all men to Himself, not all men without exception, but all of His Sheep from all nations !

If we do not believe this or understand it, or deny it, we are unbelievers, and have no ideal at all what Christ's Death accomplished, it bears fruit unto God, it makes Converts to True Christianity !15

It bears fruit unto God !2

Now Paul writes of the same thing, the great purpose of Christ's Death Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

All this transpires as a result of the Body of Christ, meaning His Death. Remember those who Christ represented when He died, when He rose from the dead it was for [because of] their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

And the Just or Justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

All for whom He represented in His Obedience, shall be made Just or Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That obedience includes His Death, or " The Body of Christ" and by it those He died for are made Righteous experientially by New Birth !

So in other words, for those whom He died to bear fruit, it is He Himself bearing fruit from His dying Jn 12:24,32-33

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The fruit those bear for whom He died is Faith, for Faith in Christ is a fruit of His Death, so is Love, Love to God and our brethren in Christ, they fruits of His Death, Peace, the Peace we have is a fruit of Christ's Death, the same with Joy, its a fruit of Christ's Death. The Joy and Peace of believing is a fruit of Christ's death Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, the Joy, Peace, and believing are all fruits of Christ's Death. In case you have not noticed, these are all fruit of the Spirit which all for whom He died receives of in New Birth by His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

3 Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,AMP

By New Birth we enter into the Kingdom of God Rom 14:17

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Thats the same Peace and Joy through Believing as in Rom 15:13

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Notice also the Holy Ghost is Named in both Verses, because we have been Born of Him.

Yes, all those fruits produced out of the believer, are actually His fruit produced from His being that corn of wheat that fell to the ground and died Jn 12:24

Now, if all for whom He died for as that corn of wheat, if they all do not bear fruit of Faith in Him Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Because Faith Joins them to Him in Fellowship 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

That fellowship denotes that marriage of Rom 7:4, its the word koinōnia:

fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, intercourse

a) the share which one has in anything, participation

b) intercourse, fellowship, intimacy

If all do not become married in Fellowship with the Son, then His Bride is defected, and His Death failed the Purpose of God the Father !

It bears fruit unto God !2

Now Paul writes of the same thing, the great purpose of Christ's Death Rom 7:4

All this transpires as a result of the Body of Christ, meaning His Death. Remember those who Christ represented when He died, when He rose from the dead it was for [because of] their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

And the Just or Justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

All for whom He represented in His Obedience, shall be made Just or Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That obedience includes His Death, or " The Body of Christ" and by it those He died for are made Righteous experientially by New Birth !

So in other words, for those whom He died to bear fruit, it is He Himself bearing fruit from His dying Jn 12:24,32-33

The fruit those bear for whom He died is Faith, for Faith in Christ is a fruit of His Death, so is Love, Love to God and our brethren in Christ, they fruits of His Death, Peace, the Peace we have is a fruit of Christ's Death, the same with Joy, its a fruit of Christ's Death. The Joy and Peace of believing is a fruit of Christ's death Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Yes, the Joy, Peace, and believing are all fruits of Christ's Death. In case you have not noticed, these are all fruit of the Spirit which all for whom He died receives of in New Birth by His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

3 Praised (honored, blessed) be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)! By His boundless mercy we have been born again to an ever-living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,AMP

By New Birth we enter into the Kingdom of God Rom 14:17

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Thats the same Peace and Joy through Believing as in Rom 15:13

13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Notice also the Holy Ghost is Named in both Verses, because we have been Born of Him.

Yes, all those fruits produced out of the believer, are actually His fruit produced from His being that corn of wheat that fell to the ground and died Jn 12:24

Now, if all for whom He died for as that corn of wheat, if they all do not bear fruit of Faith in Him Rom 7:4

Because Faith Joins them to Him in Fellowship 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

That fellowship denotes that marriage of Rom 7:4, its the word koinōnia:

fellowship, association, community, communion, joint participation, intercourse

a) the share which one has in anything, participation

b) intercourse, fellowship, intimacy

If all do not become married in Fellowship with the Son, then His Bride is defected, and His Death failed the Purpose of God the Father !

What is your point in this thread?

Please summarize how Christ applies redemption.

JLB

Jesus Christ‘s blood was shed for the world.

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

That’s who His blood was shed for; the whole world.

The way we experience the salvation He paid for is to believe what He Himself did on the cross.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Otherwise if believing wasn’t required to be saved, then the whole world would automatically be saved, which is what the doctrine of Universal Salvation teaches.

Are you teaching that the whole world is saved because Jesus died for the sins of the world?

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:2

JLB

Last edited:
It is finished Jesus said !

Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What did the Blessed Saviour mean by these words ? They meant quite a lot, to include the bringing in of a Everlasting Righteousness as Per Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Remember Jesus words here to John the Baptist at His Water Baptism when John would have prevented Him Matt 3:15

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Jesus while here on this Earth, being made under the Law Gal 4:4, was in active obedience to all of God's Law, but not for Himself, but as Surety for His Church, His People, and it was an obedience that fulfilled all the Righteousness of the Law that God required for His People. He also bare the penalty of their sins for their Transgressions of the Law of God, beginning in Adam and then to add their personal transgressions.

Jesus upon completion of His Obedience unto death Phil 2:8, He brought in the Everlasting Righteousness His People needed by satisfying the Law and Justice of God in their behalf.

It was an Righteousness that would be laid to their account, on the account of all for whom He represented, So Jesus said Jn 16:7-11

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Pay close attention to Vs 10 . This speaks to His Once and for all finished work, that made an end of sins, finished transgression, and has for His People brought in for them a Everlasting Righteousness, that was completed by His Once and for all Offering as their Hight Priest Surety.

This Offering once and for all satisfied God's Justice for the sins of His People, and in regards to this finished accomplishment, Ye shall see me no more.

Under the Mosaic Levitical Priesthood, the people would see the Hight Priest once annually with the Atonement Sacrifice for the Sins of the People, and they could not be made perfect by them Heb 9:24-26

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

So He goes to the Father after making that once and for all Offering for the sins of the People and He is there with that Righteousness He earned for them, and is there on their account as He is there for them Vs 24.

Now for all whom this applies, God does in His Providence of Messengers, does send to each of them the Gospel of their Salvation, and does reveal to them that Righteousness of God that has been laid to their account and persons through Jesus Christ Rom 1:16-17. Once this Righteousness is made known to God given Faith, we are then able to live by Faith or Walk according to the Spirit, understanding that the Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us by Imputation, as we walk by Faith, Paul's point here Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Please note, that this Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us, and not by us, having been revealed in us by the Gospel !

It is finished for all whom Christ died, and He will give them Knowledge of it by the Gospel !15

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Those who walk after the Spirit, in obedience to the Spirit will receive everlasting life.

Those who walk after the flesh and obey the sinful desires of the flesh will receive everlasting condemnation.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:7-8

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath,
Romans 2:6-8

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;

JLB

Jesus Christ the Righteous !

1 Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Our Surety's Righteousness is Ours If He died and rose again as our Surety Head, for it is written of the Church Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

The Lord Jesus Christ in this contest of 1 Jn 2 is being looked upon as the Mediator, Surety, and Representative of all He died for and was a propitiation for their sins. And so John introduces Him as Jesus Christ the Righteous, an Advocate, denoting His Legal Union with those He died. He stands as Advocate not merely as a private person, but as the Representative Head of His Church that He Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25, and He being Righteous is but declaring them to be also for whom He died Rom 5:19

The Righteousness of Christ here being emphasized by John is not His Essential Righteousness He has in the Godhead, being God, but its His Surety Righteousness as the God/Man, obtained in His Perfect Surety Obedience, for in that He was made Perfect Heb 5:9, He perfectly provided complete satisfaction to God's Law and Justice on their behalf, and so it follows that He is their Legal aid, counselor, advocate as Jesus Christ the Righteous;

And He and those He died for are legally one in the eyes of the Law. His subjective legal obedience and Righteousness that He accrued by His active obedience to God's Law while here on earth, has been placed to their account, and they by it, are accounted Righteous as He is Righteous before God's law and Justice, and on that premise He is their Advocate; Even if they are sinners by nature or in a state of sin, because He died for them He is still their advocate, for He intercedes for the Transgressors that He died in behalf of Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Because He bare their sin ! So John is saying that all for whom He died has an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous and in Fact their Righteousness before God 1 Cor 1:30.

Even as sinners and enemies, those Christ has died for, are reconciled to God by Christ's death while being so, hence another proof that as unbelievers, He, based upon His Death in their behalf, is their Advocate, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Jesus Christ the Righteous !

You see, all for whom Christ died, He died for having all their guilt and transgressions imputed to Him, So on the other hand, all that He in His suffering obedience unto death, is imputed to them. The guilt of their sins were reckoned upon Him as though He was personally guilty of them; And likewise What He did in all of His Obedience to God's Law and Justice, in their behalf, has been reckoned to them as if they personally done it themselves; Thus having Christ's Surety Righteousness charged to them as they obeyed in Christ, as they disobeyed in Adam, Adam disobeyed and made them sinners, but Christ obeyed and them Righteous Rom 5:19

The reason why Paul uses the future tense " Shall be made Righteous" is Because they are born into the world experiencing first the effects of Adam's disobedience, and are born sinners, but because Christ was their Surety, they shall be born again afterwards to experience the effects of Christ's Obedience. However, it must be understood that God will not constitute anyone Righteous whom He does not first reckons as Righteous. !

Even as sinners and enemies, those Christ has died for, are reconciled to God by Christ's death while being so, hence another proof that as unbelievers, He, based upon His Death in their behalf, is their Advocate, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Only those who believe the good news of Jesus Christ are reconciled to the Father through Christ.

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Romans 5:10-11

We are enemies of God until we believe and therefore obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ; the word of reconciliation

Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:18-21

• we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.

The way we are reconciled to God is obeying the Gospel message to repent; turn to God and be reconciled.

Repent, turn to God and s how we are reconciled.

JLB

Last edited:

The death of Christ alone, for all whom He died, which was only for His Church, His Body, it perfected them all before God's Law and Justice.

Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering/His Death he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This word perfected is the greek word teleioō and means:

to make perfect, complete

a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end

2) to complete (perfect)

a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

b) to be found perfect

3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4) to accomplish

a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event

1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

Its used once as consecrate Heb 7:28

Now the AMP bible captures the Truth and meaning of the word in Heb 10:14 by rendering it:

14 For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.

In this one offering of Christ, for those He died for, before God they are absolutely complete and entire by the Offering See Col 2:10, consisting in the remission of all their sins, and the Imputation of Christ's Righteousness ! Its Christ's Perfection imputed and the Grounds of their Perfection before God, a free act of Grace !

And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. Colossians 1:21-23

The reconciliation to God and receiving His righteousness only comes by hearing and believing the Gospel message of Christ; the word of reconciliation.

• to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard,

JLB

It is finished Jesus said !

Jn 19:30

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What did the Blessed Saviour mean by these words ? They meant quite a lot, to include the bringing in of a Everlasting Righteousness as Per Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Remember Jesus words here to John the Baptist at His Water Baptism when John would have prevented Him Matt 3:15

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Jesus while here on this Earth, being made under the Law Gal 4:4, was in active obedience to all of God's Law, but not for Himself, but as Surety for His Church, His People, and it was an obedience that fulfilled all the Righteousness of the Law that God required for His People. He also bare the penalty of their sins for their Transgressions of the Law of God, beginning in Adam and then to add their personal transgressions.

Jesus upon completion of His Obedience unto death Phil 2:8, He brought in the Everlasting Righteousness His People needed by satisfying the Law and Justice of God in their behalf.

It was an Righteousness that would be laid to their account, on the account of all for whom He represented, So Jesus said Jn 16:7-11

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Pay close attention to Vs 10 . This speaks to His Once and for all finished work, that made an end of sins, finished transgression, and has for His People brought in for them a Everlasting Righteousness, that was completed by His Once and for all Offering as their Hight Priest Surety.

This Offering once and for all satisfied God's Justice for the sins of His People, and in regards to this finished accomplishment, Ye shall see me no more.

Under the Mosaic Levitical Priesthood, the people would see the Hight Priest once annually with the Atonement Sacrifice for the Sins of the People, and they could not be made perfect by them Heb 9:24-26

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

So He goes to the Father after making that once and for all Offering for the sins of the People and He is there with that Righteousness He earned for them, and is there on their account as He is there for them Vs 24.

Now for all whom this applies, God does in His Providence of Messengers, does send to each of them the Gospel of their Salvation, and does reveal to them that Righteousness of God that has been laid to their account and persons through Jesus Christ Rom 1:16-17. Once this Righteousness is made known to God given Faith, we are then able to live by Faith or Walk according to the Spirit, understanding that the Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us by Imputation, as we walk by Faith, Paul's point here Rom 8:4

Please note, that this Righteousness of the Law is fulfilled in us, and not by us, having been revealed in us by the Gospel !

It is finished for all whom Christ died, and He will give them Knowledge of it by the Gospel !15
It's true that the gospel gives us knowledge...The N.T. was specifically written to give us the knowledge that God wanted us to have in order that those who so wished could become saved.

The righteousness of the Law is fulfilled by Jesus, the perfect Lamb of God, Who gave Himself for those that wish to hear His voice and become His sheep...His sheep hear His voice and obey Him whom they hear.

Those who do not hear the voice of the Good Shepherd do not wish to hear it.
Jesus said so Himself:
Matthew 24:37
37O' Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you WERE NOT WILLING.

If we wish to follow Jesus, we must take up our cross daily and follow Him.
He stated:
Matthew 16:24-25
24Then Jesus said to His disciples, "IF ANYONE WISHES to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25For WHOEVER WISHES to save his life shall lose it, but WHOEVER loses his life for My sake shall find it.

It must be our wish to be the sheep of Jesus and follow Him daily,
and HIS righteousness will be fulfilled in us.

Praise be to God, His grace falls on everyone and whoever responds to it will be gifted with faith, belief, and salvation, as per Ephesians 2:8

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people.

If we obey God's condition for salvation, of course.
Praise God that He is so good as to let us know HOW to become saved!
1 John 4:8b GOD IS LOVE.

Only those who believe the good news of Jesus Christ are reconciled to the Father through Christ.

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. Romans 5:10-11

We were enemies of God until we believe and therefore obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ; the word of reconciliation

Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:18-21

• we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.

The way we are reconciled to God is obeying the Gospel message to repent; turn to God and be reconciled.

Repent, turn to God and s how we are reconciled.

JLB
Sinners who Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. Colossians 1:21-23

The reconciliation to God and receiving His righteousness only comes by hearing and believing the Gospel message of Christ; the word of reconciliation.

• to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard,

JLB

The death of Christ alone, for all whom He died, which was only for His Church, His Body, it perfected them all before God's Law and Justice. Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Sinners who Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Everyone is saved while we were enemies by hearing and believing the Gospel message of salvation.

The call of God to all nations is to repent, turn to God by confessing Jesus Christ as Lord.

This is how we obey the Gospel.

Here is some context for verse 10.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

By faith tells us they heard the Gospel.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:14-17

JLB

All for whom Christ died are by that one death of His alone, apart from anything else, made Righteous or Just, for that is the teaching of scripture in the OT Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

11 After this ordeal, he will see satisfaction.
“By his knowing [pain and sacrifice],
my righteous servant makes many righteous;
it is for their sins that he suffers.CJB

and the NT Rom 5:19

19 For just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, heedlessness, and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him).

As the sins of those He died for were charged to Him, His sacrifice paid off their sin debt against God, and satisfied His Law and Justice. Now in accomplishing that, His Perfect obedience to God as a Man, made for them He died for, a Righteousness, meaning that His Perfect obedience / righteousness up to and including the Cross Phil 2:8, is accounted to them, charged to their account.

This is in the same manner as their sins were accounted to Him, and thats the exchange of reconciliation Rom 5:10.

In this exchange of imputation, Justice demands that those whose sins were charged to Christ, that His righteousness and law keeping obedience be imputed to them.

So one not being transacted would cancel out the other, meaning if, His Righteousness / Obedience is not charged to them, then their sins of disobedience could not be charged to Him, consequently giving Him no purpose or reason to die at all; Hence Paul states the exchange as it legally is in God's Law and Justice 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

21 Christ didn’t have any sin. But God made him become sin for us. So we can be made right with God because of what Christ has done for us.NIRV

This merely means, His Surety obedience as God Man, which is His Perfect obedience to God in behalf of those He lived and died for as Man, it is imputed or charged to them, in the very same manner as our or their sins were imputed or charged to Him. Thats the Gospel, the Word of Reconciliation, for we cannot preach it without elucidating the stated facts of this reconciliation or exchange, whereby all for whom He died or was made sin for, are by that alone made Righteous and approved of God !

Everyone is saved while we were enemies by hearing and believing the Gospel message of salvation.

The call of God to all nations is to repent, turn to God by confessing Jesus Christ as Lord.

This is how we obey the Gospel.

Here is some context for verse 10.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

By faith tells us they heard the Gospel.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:14-17

JLB
No everyone wasnt saved while they were enemies. That sounds like universalism, and thats not scriptural. Some people are lost as enemies. Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while enemies, and they shall be saved by His Life. Read Rom 5:10, the sinner didnt do anything. God in Christ did it all

Shall be saved by His Life !

Rom 5:10

All for whom Christ died, shall be made alive by His Resurrection. Those in organized religion have no clue of the saving effects of Christ's Death, as He died as the Head of the Body, His Church Eph 5:25; And as a vindication of the success of His death as He satisfied God's Law and Justice for them, He was raised up from the dead for their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification or

25 Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification (our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God].AMP

And its by or through His Resurrection from the dead they are begotten again 1 Pet 1:3

3 Praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is so good, and by raising Jesus from death, he has given us new life and a hope that lives on. CEV

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God has great mercy, and because of his mercy he gave us a new life. This new life brings us a living hope through Jesus Christ’s resurrection from death.ERV

Now upon His Resurrection, He did also ascend, and of course He ascended as the vindicated one in behalf of those for whom sins He died or was delivered for Rom 4:25, and He gives Grace to each of them according to measure of his Gift Eph 4:7-8

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Each person for whom Christ died, His Body Members, the Church, is given Grace and Gifts to serve His Body in the ordained work God has already prepared Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Each person Christ died for was in the hope of their calling Eph 4:4

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Every member of that Body He is the Saviour of as Per Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, eeven as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

Will be called in the Hope of that Calling. Now the Grace given to each member of that body for whom Christ died, according to the measure of Christ's Gift, is also what Paul means here Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

That Grace which is said to abound to many by the Gift of Christ, is the same as that said to be given here Eph 4:7

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

They all for whom He died, shall be saved by His Life !15

Back