Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CHRIST in you...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also...

One thing that often comes to my mind is this..

Our heavenly Father gets to see His only begotten and beloved Son.. grow up within each and every one of us who believes on Him..

Even within these frail earthen vessels of ours...

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Re: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also...

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

How easily forgotten. I know my own struggle with remembering this is when I am thinking I am doing well. When I slow myself down and quiet myself before the Lord I can see how much more I could be living this truth.

Sometimes when I compliment a fellow Christian they deflect it entirely to God. I find this disingenuous and doesn't fully reflect reality. We have a part in the good work that we do. We ought to be happy and grateful to God that we are new creations being good, productive, generous people. There is real reason for us to be happy we are no longer fighting against the reality of the universe. There is also real reason to think it is because of the excellency of the power and sacrifice of God that I am able to do anything good.

I want my son to be happy with his accomplishments. I want him to also recognize that it is because of so many other people in his life that he has learned to be a good young man. He stands on the shoulders of many good people. Truly, all goodness does go back to God. We are fortunate to serve such a gracious God.

Re: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also...

How easily forgotten. I know my own struggle with remembering this is when I am thinking I am doing well. When I slow myself down and quiet myself before the Lord I can see how much more I could be living this truth.

And the struggles themselves just amplify the glory of God because His true light shows us who we are and who He is.. to me it's as if He allows us to see our sinfulness so that we can also see what HE DID for us.. that He died for us while we were yet sinners.. the one who knew no sin, did no sin, and had no sin in Him, was made to be sin for us...

That in itself helps me to understand working out our own salvation with fear and trembling so to speak.

Sometimes when I compliment a fellow Christian they deflect it entirely to God. I find this disingenuous and doesn't fully reflect reality. We have a part in the good work that we do. We ought to be happy and grateful to God that we are new creations being good, productive, generous people. There is real reason for us to be happy we are no longer fighting against the reality of the universe. There is also real reason to think it is because of the excellency of the power and sacrifice of God that I am able to do anything good.

God forbid that I should glory save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.. and imo I have seen who I am, and that there is nothing good in me.. I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet NOT I, but Christ liveth in me.

I want my son to be happy with his accomplishments. I want him to also recognize that it is because of so many other people in his life that he has learned to be a good young man. He stands on the shoulders of many good people. Truly, all goodness does go back to God. We are fortunate to serve such a gracious God.

I agree.. God alone is good.

True happiness and joy can only come through Christ Jesus our Lord.. All of us in Adam are under condemnation and we can all be justified freely in Christ, the Last Adam..

Abraham asked the LORD that Ishmael (flesh) would LIVE before HIM, and the LORD told him that His covenant would be through the son of promise..

And we receive that promised Son when we believe on Him, to the eternal glory of God the Father.

That's our hope of glory, not Christ and me, but rather Christ in me.

I'll add that imo I am perhaps the most sorry excuse for a Christian that there can be.. and it's only because of His true light that I can see this in the first place.. I've felt like a complete reprobate countless times.. and one thing that I know for sure is that..

God ALONE is good !

Christ in you is plural...Christ in US! It is the presence of God around and in the midst of us that draws out the life of the new man in each of us.

Christ in you is plural...Christ in US! It is the presence of God around and in the midst of us that draws out the life of the new man in each of us.

Here is why I disagree,

There are TWO distinct natures living within this earthen vessel of mine;

1. ME... there is my Adamic nature which came first through my natural parents, according to the FLESH...

2. CHRIST... born in me miraculously by the power of the Holy Spirit of God.

I'm the older in this earthen vessel... I was here first.. :)

When I trusted in Christ, after hearing the gospel, and after I believed.. GOD SEALED ME with the Holy Spirit of PROMISE... which is CHRIST IN YOU... no doubt the NEW MAN created (in you) in RIGHTEOUSNESS and TRUE HOLINESS...

We're to PUT OFF our old man (that's ME) who IS CORRUPT according to deceitful lusts, and we're to PUT ON the Lord Jesus Christ.. the Last Adam..

I am crucified with Christ..

If any man come after me, let him deny HIMSELF..

Should I continue ?

It may seem harsh so to speak... but then I think about God's beloved Son on Calvary's forsaken cross and realize that I can't even begin to understand... THAT..

I'm glad it's not Christ and ME.. I've seen who I am and can't even begin to understand God's infinitely glorious Son bearing MY sin in His own body.. let alone the sin of the WORLD..

One of the greatest truths I have ever had the pleasure to hear in a meeting of God's people is just that..

"We can't even begin to understand.."

Perhaps one of the most wondrous truths of the Christian life, Christ in you... Although what fun is it to talk about CHRIST..?

IMO Christendom today is addicted to Christ AND me rather than Christ in me... How that they're the elect, chosen by God, how that His atonement was limited to them..

Etc etc..

It's infinitely glorious to think on these things...

Christ is the Truth, the concept or ideal.
When we accept the Truth the Holy Spirit is inus.
Rev Martin Luther King was the Truth about Civilights, and America accepted that Truth.

That was the Christian thing to do, to give your life in need be in the name of Truth, and see it resurrect in those round you afterwards.

There are TWO distinct natures living within this earthen vessel of mine;

1. ME... there is my Adamic nature which came first through my natural parents, according to the FLESH...

2. CHRIST... born in me miraculously by the power of the Holy Spirit of God.

Exactly...

You are the composite of the seven Freudian Archetyo=pes all with inputs rather self centered, while Christ is the Truth and Jesus is your Good Sheoherd, an actually mental facility just like your Libido or Self, etc.

That is why a Christian can have a Personal Relationship with "Christ," i.e. Truth:

Freudhead.jpg

1) Id = Lucifer
2) Libido = Satan
3) Ego = Mammon
4) Anima = Devil
5) Self = Beelzebub
6) Superego = False Prophet
7) Harmony = False shepherd
8) Conscience = Good Shepherd

Christ is the Truth, the concept or ideal.

I would add that He is more than a concept or idea... He IS the fulness of Godhead bodily ! He is the one who inhabits eternity... we could go on for hours because in the volume of the book it is written of Me sayeth the LORD.

When we accept the Truth the Holy Spirit is inus.

That's true ! Did you also know that the FATHER is in us, and that CHRIST is in us..?

Rev Martin Luther King was the Truth about Civilights, and America accepted that Truth.

That was the Christian thing to do, to give your life in need be in the name of Truth, and see it resurrect in those round you afterwards.

Not sure I'm making the connection ?

On a side note... I finally changed my Avatar.. time to get myself out of the picture.. :)

Anyway, my older brother gave me this as a gift. The other side shows the map of the world with the scripture

O LORD, Our LORD, How excellent is Thy name in all the Earth

Along the edge it is engraved.. Neither is there salvation in any other Acts 4:12

I said to myself, that would be a nice Avatar ! So there it is !

I would add that He is more than a concept or idea... He IS the fulness of Godhead bodily ! He is the one who inhabits eternity... we could go on for hours because in the volume of the book it is written of Me sayeth the LORD.

That's true ! Did you also know that the FATHER is in us, and that CHRIST is in us..?

Not sure I'm making the connection ?

sure...

For us, Truth is what exists externally to ourselves.
It uis the IMAGE of the ever unfolding force of the momentary Reality that changes instantly, forever.

When Truth is inside our head, we know it is tthis Father which has sired the Truth.

Its the Trinity idea in modern language:

TRINITY:
Our Lord is (1) Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face the (3) Father of all Nature, The Almighty, the evermore unfolding Reality, within which we all exist

On a side note... I finally changed my Avatar.. time to get myself out of the picture.. :)

Anyway, my older brother gave me this as a gift. The other side shows the map of the world with the scripture

O LORD, Our LORD, How excellent is Thy name in all the Earth

Along the edge it is engraved.. Neither is there salvation in any other Acts 4:12

I said to myself, that would be a nice Avatar ! So there it is !

I like your new Avatar picture, a nice gift from your brother.

Acts 4:12: all of us here must be saved by faith and obedience in Christ!

O LORD, Our LORD, How Excellent is Thy Name in all the Earth !

A wonderful story written down for us centuries ago within the ancient texts of the OT is the story of Abraham..

and his TWO sons...

Abraham wanted a son, an heir from his own loins.. to pass on his inheritance... and I'm sure that he often saw the beautiful little sons and daughters of his servants and how precious they truly are..

Abraham wanted a son.. of his very own.

And of course we can all read the same story over and over again to glean some additional wisdom, and thoughts on the matter.. because, in the volume of the book it is written of Me sayeth the LORD... and He is ONE who inhabits ETERNITY.. there's no end to the inheritance and riches in Christ Jesus our LORD.

IMO one glorious facet of this story shows us the Christian life, centuries before Christ came into this world..

So what happens...

ABRAHAM is given Sarah's handmaiden Hagar.. and they have a son naturally through the flesh.. Ishmael.. and there's no doubt Abraham loved him and even asked the LORD that Ishmael might live before Him... Abraham's very own flesh and bone so to speak.

Of course the LORD had infinitely larger plans for his inheritance..

The Son of PROMISE...

Then we're told that this Son (Isaac), was born to Abraham through Sarah miraculously, even AFTER she was well past her child bearing years..

And the LORD told Abraham that His covenant would be through that Son of promise.. Isaac..

Isaac is no doubt another infinitely wondrous picture of our Lord Jesus Christ..

Look at how this reflects the absolute reality of our CHRISTian life... there is ME who was born first naturally through my own parents according to the FLESH... and there is Christ's divine nature within me, sealed in me miraculously by the power of the Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit of PROMISE, after hearing the message from above and after BELIEVING it..

Abraham BELIEVED God and it was counted to him as righteousness...

WE all (like Abraham) seem to want our flesh to live before God.. although there's a serious problem with my old man, he is corrupt according to deceitful lusts.. and we're not alone, for all have sinned and fall short of the GLORY OF GOD..

So the LORD will give you an inheritance beyond what you could ever even BEGIN to imagine.. although there's a significant cost involved... your life for HIS infinitely glorious and Majestic life... IN YOU !

I AM thy exceeding and great reward...

It may take years to come to this realization imo although the more we grow in the grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.. the more we should see how this Son of promise, who LIVES within these frail earthen vessels of ours.. is the HEIR of ALL things...

For the Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand... and truly our hope of GLORY is none other than CHRIST in you...

Last edited by a moderator:
To WILL is present with ME...

When any believer is saved by grace through faith... a whole new situation comes to light..

There are now TWO completely contrary natures within me.. within this lump of clay..

And they are always, and will always be CONTRARY to one another..

We all know OUR NATURE very well... because we were here first and we think that we know ourselves so to speak.. but we're in for a rude awakening.. there is NOTHING good in me... and what's WORSE.. to WILL IS PRESENT IN ME..

I have desires, wants, the old nature is corrupt... it is easily deceived by these various lusts... and if that wasn't bad enough.. we also must wrestle against spiritual wickedness in high places.. against the rulers of the darkness of this world..

Then of course we have the meek and lowly, absolutely DIVINE nature of Christ living within this same earthen vessel.. His Spirit in us is love, joy, peace, gentleness, meekness, faith, add everything GOOD..

If there has ever been a blatant, blaring, contrast in scripture... it must be the truth concerning the flesh and the Spirit..

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

I believe the Apostle Paul describes this struggle to a T in Romans 7.. and sums the matter in this..

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Christians often debate about whether or not we're under the LAW... and imo the answer is YES, and NO. :)

Our old nature according to the FLESH will always be condemned by the LAW, and the LAW is going to amplify sin in us, in our members... til the day it dies.

The Divine nature of Christ in you, His Spirit, love, joy, peace, etc.. fulfills the law perfectly.. and this is why Paul can say that we're not under the Law if we're IN CHRIST.

But remember, the FLESH will always be condemned by the LAW, and not one jot or tittle will be removed from it... that's what the LAW is for.. sinners... and that's what our old nature does.. naturally.

Re: To WILL is present with ME...

When any believer is saved by grace through faith... a whole new situation comes to light..

There are now TWO completely contrary natures within me.. within this lump of clay..

And they are always, and will always be CONTRARY to one another..

We all know OUR NATURE very well... because we were here first and we think that we know ourselves so to speak.. but we're in for a rude awakening.. there is NOTHING good in me... and what's WORSE.. to WILL IS PRESENT IN ME..

I have desires, wants, the old nature is corrupt... it is easily deceived by these various lusts... and if that wasn't bad enough.. we also must wrestle against spiritual wickedness in high places.. against the rulers of the darkness of this world..

Then of course we have the meek and lowly, absolutely DIVINE nature of Christ living within this same earthen vessel.. His Spirit in us is love, joy, peace, gentleness, meekness, faith, add everything GOOD..

If there has ever been a blatant, blaring, contrast in scripture... it must be the truth concerning the flesh and the Spirit..

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

I believe the Apostle Paul describes this struggle to a T in Romans 7.. and sums the matter in this..

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Funny you should mention meekness because that was on my calendar today for my reading:

Blessed are the gentle,
because they will inherit the earth.—Matthew 5:5

Meekness means that we do not have to defend our rights, but we allow the Lord to defend us. Meekness means a life that is submissive to the Holy Spirit, giving Him the freedom to make any changes He knows are necessary. Meekness involves a self-control that comes from trusting God. Meekness demonstrates an attitude of long-suffering that allows God to deal with the injustices we face.
Jesus' life was the paragon of meekness. He could have called upon legions of angels to remove Him from the cross, yet He allowed sinners to torture and kill Him. Although Jesus was by no means powerless to defend Himself, He chose to yield His life to the Father's will. He did this because He trusted the Father completely. When we doubt the Father, we tend to act in our own strength, rather than relying on His power. Jesus said that in relinquishing control over our lives to God, we will gain life in abundance!
—Experiencing God Day by Day

Just thought I would share that with your post...

That's truly a blessing BornAgain..

It just reminds me that we can't even begin to understand.. His meekness.

Back