Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christian, why do you believe you'll go to Heaven?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

I don't...

Christ plainly says so...

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

I don't...

Christ plainly says so...

Joh 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
:yes

So far we're all in agreement. I was interested in see what passages of Scripture would be put forth to support the idea of going to Heaven as it's not stated in the Scriptures. It can only be inferred.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[b] to the praise of his glory. When I came to faith in Christ Jesus, I believed (believe) his promises to us. Our inheritance is in heaven. We will acquire possession of it after the Bema Seat of Christ. Praise the Lord.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[b] to the praise of his glory. When I came to faith in Christ Jesus, I believed (believe) his promises to us. Our inheritance is in heaven. We will acquire possession of it after the Bema Seat of Christ. Praise the Lord.

Great passage, urk! :)

Blessings.

I also wanna say that I've been rude to Butch5 in the past. I just hope he can forgive me. Blessings.

1Jo 5:10 ¶ He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Joh 14:1 ¶ Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.:)

Rom 10:9-11

9 That if you confess with your mouth,"Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

NIV

I have done the above so I have confidence in that I qualify for the below.

2 Cor 5:1

5 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

NIV

...Why? Because believers go to be with Jesus, who is already in heaven (Acts 1:11 NASB), when they die:

"...having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better..." (Philippians 1:23 NASB)

In Revelation we see the departed souls of the martyrs there:

"...I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; 10 and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” " (Revelation 6:9-10 NASB)

At the end of the age those in heaven will return, with Jesus, to be reunited with their glorified bodies to dwell on earth:

"14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

17 ...we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:14,17 NASB)

It's good that you ask:

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." (1 Peter 3:15 NASB)

Last edited by a moderator:

Which reminds me of this verse:

"...into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you..." (1 Peter 1:4 NIV)

Which reminds me of this verse:

"...into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you..." (1 Peter 1:4 NIV)
Here is another one to remind you. "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5 The two angels in Acts 1:11 told Jesus' disciples that he would come back....to earth.

I believe in Christ. The altenative is not very good. And we all will die. Hebrews 9:27 says we are apointed unto men once to die but after this the judgement. After death life begins forever and my God has promised me a new glorified body that will live in his presence foever. If this were not so we should all get ever thing there is to get and have in this world and live in wild abondonment as when you die thats it. I thank God he defeated even death and I know that he has Saved a people, whom he choose and died for. It's called faith, and even that is given to those who are his. 2 cor.5:6 thru 11 says we walk by faith and we try to persuade men. I thank him for his wonderfull mercy and Grace..

Here is another one to remind you. "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5 The two angels in Acts 1:11 told Jesus' disciples that he would come back....to earth.

Does that verse mean inherit the old earth or new earth in afterlife.

I hope I didn't leave you with the impression I was saying otherwise.

When you die you will go to be with Jesus in heaven. Then you will return to earth with him when he returns and be reunited with your resurrected, glorified body.

Back