Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christmas 2016

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Anybody thinking about Christmas yet? Even though it's still hot and humid where I live it looks like fall which means I start thinking about the holiday season.

Did we settle it last year if it's a sin to do Christmas? :lol

Anybody thinking about Christmas yet? Even though it's still hot and humid where I live it looks like fall which means I start thinking about the holiday season.

I don't think we settled the sin issue.
Too much separation.
Democrats saw it one way and the other side saw it differently.
What do the candydates say about this?
I think it's important.
I'm glad you brought this up.
Where each one stands on this issue may decide who gets my vote.
Let's get Barbarian in on this and give us some evolving statistics.

Christianity is a strange religion.
It's the religion where one can commit murder and end up in heaven, and yet, steal something and end up in hell.

It's the religion where everything is a sin, because God is so perfect, and yet, to God, we have not sinned because somehow His Son Jesus is able to take care of our shortcomings.

If we celebrate Christmas as giving glory to God's Son as His birthday (even though it really isn't) then I think God is happy. Otherwise, He probably isn't.

My two cents.
Wondering

Christianity is a strange religion.
It's the religion where one can commit murder and end up in heaven, and yet, steal something and end up in hell.

It's the religion where everything is a sin, because God is so perfect, and yet, to God, we have not sinned because somehow His Son Jesus is able to take care of our shortcomings.

If we celebrate Christmas as giving glory to God's Son as His birthday (even though it really isn't) then I think God is happy. Otherwise, He probably isn't.

My two cents.
Wondering
I think you've made a rash analysis here.
You say it really isn't his birthday.
You cannot say that unless you know for sure when his birthday is.
So, when is it?

Is this a picture of Jesus?
How old was he here?
Who painted the picture?

the_head_of_christ_by_warner_sallman_1941.jpg

I think you've made a rash analysis here.
You say it really isn't his birthday.
You cannot say that unless you know for sure when his birthday is.
So, when is it?
It's not me who made the analysis.
Most theologians believe Jesus was born either in March or in September.
December would have been too cold for the trip to Bethlehem.
What do you think??

W

You made the statement "it really isn't his birthday", then claim it's not your analysis.
I didn't see you give credit to anyone else.
Then you say you believe this picture to be a picture of Jesus?
Have you ever seen Jesus?
What makes you believe it's a picture of him?
I think this is another rash analysis.
What else do you have for us this afternoon?

You made the statement "it really isn't his birthday", then claim it's not your analysis.
I didn't see you give credit to anyone else.
Then you say you believe this picture to be a picture of Jesus?
Have you ever seen Jesus?
What makes you believe it's a picture of him?
I think this is another rash analysis.
What else do you have for us this afternoon?
You claim OSAS and it isn't YOUR analysis but that of Mr. Calvin. I just did the same thing.
Must I post who said everything I agree with??

It most probably looks like Jesus because it was the style to have long hair and a beard. He was dark in skin because he was from the Middle East. His eyes were brown. Every culture, however, makes Jesus look like that population. In Italy Jesus is depicted as having blue eyes and very white skin. No way.

I'm posting this which I got from Wikidpedia regarding the painting:

The Head of Christ, also called the Sallman Head, is a 1940 portrait painting of Jesus of Nazareth by American artist Warner Sallman (1892-1968). As an extraordinarily successful work of Christian popular devotional art,[1] it had been reproduced over half a billion times worldwide by the end of the 20th century.[2] Enlarged copies of the work have been made for churches and small pocket or wallet-sized prayer cards, bearing the image, have been mass-produced for private devotional use.[1][3] The painting is said to have "become the basis for [the] visualization of Jesus" for "hundreds of millions" of people.[4][5]

Wondering

You claim OSAS and it isn't YOUR analysis but that of Mr. Calvin. I just did the same thing.
Must I post who said everything I agree with??

It most probably looks like Jesus because it was the style to have long hair and a beard. He was dark in skin because he was from the Middle East. His eyes were brown. Every culture, however, makes Jesus look like that population. In Italy Jesus is depicted as having blue eyes and very white skin. No way.

I'm posting this which I got from Wikidpedia regarding the painting:

The Head of Christ, also called the Sallman Head, is a 1940 portrait painting of Jesus of Nazareth by American artist Warner Sallman (1892-1968). As an extraordinarily successful work of Christian popular devotional art,[1] it had been reproduced over half a billion times worldwide by the end of the 20th century.[2] Enlarged copies of the work have been made for churches and small pocket or wallet-sized prayer cards, bearing the image, have been mass-produced for private devotional use.[1][3] The painting is said to have "become the basis for [the] visualization of Jesus" for "hundreds of millions" of people.[4][5]

Wondering
Does it look anything like this?

hqdefault.jpg

Please list my false answers so I could respond to you.
1. You claim December 25th is not Jesus birthday, yet you document no proof of that.
2. You say you believe that picture is a picture of Jesus, yet you have no proof of that either.
You just seem to be "all smoke and no action" here today.
Maybe it's time for a bowl of cherries or something.

Back