Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

**contains depression trigger** Losing my religion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

BrotherAlan30

Born again Anglican Christian
I don't like the thought of saying it but then I don't like being dishonest.

With all of the bad things that have happened around me, I'm slowly losing my faith but then I don't want to go to limbo or hell.

This evening I fell out with my family, my family pretty much have disowned me because I have behaviour problems due to my Autism and then they think I'm psychotic because I have depression and experience episodes of mental breakdowns.

I now feel isolated from the universe and feel I have no reason or purpose to exist and that I'm a lost cause.

My family treat me like an outcast, they're so forgiven and forgetful towards everyone else but not me. I've made my fair share of mistakes but why am I not forgiven? Am I not that important?

My biological father was abusive but his sins are not my fault, I can't change my DNA.

Join the club. I'm already treated like an outcast everywhere except in my family and tonight I went to Hell on earth. Yeah, life sucks for the most part, but you just have to keep praying that God will get you through it. I really don't believe you will go to Hell either way but that's just me.

Last edited:
I don't want to go to limbo or hell.
Dear BrotherAlan30, losing faith many times is the result of our doubt of God's word. How did the Apostle Paul suffer the loss of all things in Php 3:8, and yet declare in Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. FAITH, and faith alone.

Hope drives us to go beyond our ability to have God's best, Php 3:8 . . that I may win Christ, (Win Him? - Am I understanding that there is more than just getting to heaven?)

Rom 8:17 Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God (You and all in Christ are saved forever, and are heirs, but here comes that MORE.), and Joint-heirs with Christ IF so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Dear SAINT, and I know that's a stretch to many that think of such things as Limbo, but God thinks so highly of you that He sent Jesus to die for you, and you are sanctified, so please learn just who you are in God's kingdom. I wrote the following pamphlet to help my brethren in Christ to know the security they have in Jesus. I hope you'll read it, come to know you're saved eternally, and begin living a life of victory over some of the depression you've been experiencing.

Salvation with Security – 1, 2, 3
http://www.christianforums.net/Fell...ds/salvation-with-security-parts-1-2-3.52236/

You know what I just suddenly realized? If we are actually afraid of losing our faith and that thought bothers us, then we never really lost it to begin with.

I don't like the thought of saying it but then I don't like being dishonest.

With all of the bad things that have happened around me, I'm slowly losing my faith but then I don't want to go to limbo or hell.

This evening I fell out with my family, my family pretty much have disowned me because I have behaviour problems due to my Autism and then they think I'm psychotic because I have depression and experience episodes of mental breakdowns.

I now feel isolated from the universe and feel I have no reason or purpose to exist and that I'm a lost cause.

My family treat me like an outcast, they're so forgiven and forgetful towards everyone else but not me. I've made my fair share of mistakes but why am I not forgiven? Am I not that important?

My biological father was abusive but his sins are not my fault, I can't change my DNA.

Get up right now and go look in the mirror. Say to yourself "I won't lose my faith" "I won't lose my faith!" say it everyday until you you never have to anymore. Because if you put your mind to something and are determined to make it work, it will work. It could take a week it could take a year but it will definitely not happen if you don't try. God bless Ps you can't lose your salvation :)

Brother Alan, never give up. Depression is a horrible illness to suffer from, but you can climb your way out of it.

The next good day you have you will be glad you are still with us.

Try to concentrate on the love the Father, The Son of God and the Holy Spirit have for you. You couldn't be given any greater love.

Pray and tell God how bad you feel. Shout out for Jesus, He is with you. He understands.

You don't know what may be just around the corner for you.

Psalm 55:22 NLJV

"Cast your burden in the Lord,
And He shall sustain you ;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Just take that first step. God Bless you in this struggle.

If you can, try to strengthen your faith. Go to church, join a bible study. Connect with one good Christian and befriend them. Try to have fellowship with them. Or read the bible and ask God to help you as you read it. Any of those you're able to do might help you in your daily struggles.

Right now for me I have a radio station I listen going to work that has bible study like sermons broadcast over the radio.

Good luck and I'm sorry from your struggle.

PS. Pray.

Back