Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Could haves and have-not

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji Devotional for Saturday 31, December 2022

Topic: Could haves and have-not

Highlights:

"Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink?

Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing?

When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?'

St. Matthew 25:37

As today marks the 365th day of the year. It is not too late to check your journal of you have shown at least some little kindness to someone who is a brother or a sister of Christ. According to the Bible, Jesus told us categorically that His brothers and sisters are those who do the will of God. One of them are the missionaries who have left their all and have followed Jesus.

If you have not done something for the brother or sister of Christ since the beginning of the year, you can do something today which is at least the last day. And one of the most important thing Christ wants us t have done, is to be merciful (compassionate) on your fellow in Christ.

One of the ways to show mercy is to forgive your fellow (in Christ) who owed you something and could not repay either in part or in full. Mercy is one of the should haves you can add to your list.

In St. Matthew 18:33 Jesus says "Shouldn't you have mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had mercy on you?'. Our God wants mercy and not sacrifice.

The second is way to show Mercy is to show kindness to your fellow in Christ. Kindness is giving a worthwhile gift to someone to make their day memorable. This giving is essential to those who do God's will or to do it for Christ Himself (which is the ministry of Christ)

During supper, a woman came in with a beautiful jar of expensive perfume and poured it over his head. The disciples were indignant when they saw this. "What a waste of money," they said. "She could have sold it for a fortune and given the money to the poor." But Jesus replied, " Why berate her for doing such a good thing to me?.....I assure you, wherever the Good News is preached throughout the world, this woman's deed will be talked about in her memory. " Matthew 26:7-10,13

The kindness that touched the heart of Jesus is to do such good things to Him (His ministry). The gospel needs money.

The third way to show mercy is to make prayers of supplication for the body of Christ (ministry) and pray for the saints (brothers and sisters of Christ.)

You can choose one of the three or do all for the sake of Christ to add to your should haves in the last day of the year. Anyone who shows mercy to Brothers and sisters of Christ will be rewarded with blessings prepared for them for each day and lifetime. (Read Matthew 25:34)

"But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.

On the day when I act, you will tread upon the wicked as if they were dust under your feet," says the Lord Almighty. Malachi 4:2-3

Prayer: Heavenly Father I honour your name and your word. From now on O Lord, Help me to act in mercy to your brothers and sisters. In Jesus name.

If you refer to two groups of people as haves and have-nots, you mean that the first group are very wealthy and the second group are very poor.

Back