Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Covid Almost Killed Me

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Around Oct 5th, I went by ambulance into the hospital and was there until Oct 29th. They told me that if my wife had waited much longer, there probably would've been a different outcome (dead). They had me on 40 liters of oxygen and I am now home and just reduced my oxygen down to 2.5 liters. It has taken weeks gradually reducing my o2 intake as my lungs heal. I figure when it's all said and done, I will have a somewhat reduced lung capacity. Like I needed anymore drama in my life......

Around Oct 5th, I went by ambulance into the hospital and was there until Oct 29th. They told me that if my wife had waited much longer, there probably would've been a different outcome (dead). They had me on 40 liters of oxygen and I am now home and just reduced my oxygen down to 2.5 liters. It has taken weeks gradually reducing my o2 intake as my lungs heal. I figure when it's all said and done, I will have a somewhat reduced lung capacity. Like I needed anymore drama in my life......

So sorry to hear this.

Father, I pray for Daniel for complete healing in Jesus Name. Thank You that by Your stripes we are healed. Nothing is impossible for those who believe. So please strengthen Daniel and give him hope. Thank You that he is still alive to be writing this to us. I pray you will continue to watch over him and guide his doctors hands. Strengthen and watch over his family. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Hi Dan
Just saw this.
It's rough, to say the least, to be in the hospital so long and without visitors.

I'm happy you're home and are getting better.

Glad you are still with us.

JLB

My wife experienced about the same earlier this year, as did a friend of mine's wife last January. He got Covid and it was like a head cold but he still has no taste. His wife on the other hand will have long term effects, including heart damage and permanent lung damage.
My wife had covid fog and reduced lung capacity for several months, but has made a full recovery. I attribute her healing to God and answered prayers.
You will be in our prayers.

Thank you all for your kind words. If the ambulance driver and given up on me after I initially refused to go to the hospital, I'd surely be dead. My wife called them after I became unresponsive. When she was able to rouse me, I kept refusing any ambulance. She called them anyway and they stayed at the house for an hour trying to get me to agree to go. I finally relented and told them "OK". I told them I was afraid I would be killed in the hospital due to the government protecting the Episcopal Church from victims of childhood sexual assault. They probably thought I was delirious. The way I looked at it was that I was a dead man either way. I finally chose the hospital because I didn't want to die in front of my wife and son.

A maverick after my own heart.
Is that good? Maybe not.
I spent from June 8 2020 till July 8 2020 in bed with suitcase malaria. The highest fever was 103 I think. I did not really good records all the time.
Every other day I had chills and fever, night sweats etc.

I refused to go to the hospital , and survived. Kind of scary when I listen to my wife describe the several times she thought I had died. My large toe moved one time.

This was my second time to have a malaria attack. The first case was sub- clinical and more of a bother than really serious. I could buy quinine over the counter the first time. This time it was another variety ( different hour attacks).

I have no letters after my name that allow me to give medical advice. So I am going to relate what I did. My lungs were not really troubled (except by acid reflux). I could get up and cough, so that was not really serious. But I had less breathing ability after the month in bed.

Talk to your doctor about pursed lip breathing.
You are not to try and rush what I did. For now I will not tell it all. I wish you would look up pursed lip breathing exercises, and maybe start at 75% below what they are describing. The very minimum amount, and only after consulting your doctor. It may be months before you are ok to try it. Remember your doctor decides.

May God bless your recovery more than we can ask or believe for.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

My wife experienced about the same earlier this year, as did a friend of mine's wife last January. He got Covid and it was like a head cold but he still has no taste. His wife on the other hand will have long term effects, including heart damage and permanent lung damage.
My wife had covid fog and reduced lung capacity for several months, but has made a full recovery. I attribute her healing to God and answered prayers.
You will be in our prayers.
I'm glad to hear your wife recovered her lung capacity...truly a blessing. I fear I will have somewhat diminished lung capacity as I already have scarred lungs due to childhood pneumonia. If I had to describe what it's like to have your lungs ravaged by COVID, it would be to imagine your lungs being like gallon sized freezer bags at the beginning then having them reduced to snack bag capacity when COVID has done its thing. I was breathing so fast and so shallow because I just couldn't catch my breath. They would say to breathe in through my nose and out my mouth, but I physically couldn't do it because I was breathing so rapidly. Massive O2 assisted in helping to slow down the breathing to get the mechanics of nose breathing in place to assist in O2 absorption. I hope to recover enough lung function to get off O2. We spent $2k on an O2 concentrator. I'm still at 2.5 liters of O2 after one month out of the hospital. That's down from a 5 when I first got home. I'll just keep weaning myself off til hopefully I can do without.

I guess I will make another reference to pursed lip breathing, since you are describing it. It is the pressure that occurs through your clenched lips that expands the alveoli.
But
In your case go super slow under a doctors care. You were a sick person. I was just having problems jogging.

eddif

The Lord is your strength
Yes. One of the nurses there at the hospital let me know she was a Christian and told me I had been spared because I had some reason/purpose I am to fulfill. After all I've been through, I certainly feel I am on borrowed time and better figure out what that purpose is. I hope it is not to write my auto-biography and/or to take on the Episcopal Church. I already am dancing on the tip of the dragon's tongue as it is.

Philippians 4:8 kjv
8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

But, look at that from the Lord’s Prayer thought. Thy kingdoms come. Something that comes from Him am not something we generate.

My old nature is to think on the negative, bad, destroying things. What I do is confess sins and let Him cleanse me from all unrighteousness. The power to will and do comes from God. I may get to the will area, but to will and do is by His empowerment.

The wretched man has to be crucified daily. Am I complete in doing all this? No. Do I seek to have the good happen? Yes. Like a deer panting for the water brook? Work that in us oh God.
So
God, work in us to will and do of your good pleasure. Help us all receive the prophecy you gave the disciples when you breathed on the disciples and said ( receive
The Holy Spirit). Let the Holy Spirit fill us with the breath of life, at our day of Pentecost Jew and Gentile alike.

Satin took so many peoples natural breath. Because of that we look for the better filling of your Quickening Spirit in us. And, the physical help that can bring. Help us meditate on the good.
Amen

Mississippi redneck jerk
eddif

Back