Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

COVID Cases Among People Already Vaccinated

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I,didn't vote for trump ,after my bankruptcy ,I learned that the system of borrowing we base our economy on is a house of cards . neither party or trump could change that .if they did it would be a long change .,a billionaire doesn't own billions in,the bank ,corporations can't even save for three months and folded in the pandemic .

taxation is control when we borrow trillions to fund a program .Only,God can provide

I saw lots of baker acts in the 11 years I worked in a hospital.
Never saw one that didn't need it.
Lots of them take psych drugs and were off their drugs.
It takes three days to balance out again.
I'm thankful you never witnessed any of the reported Baker Act abuses, but there are too many stories of patients falling through the loopholes and suffering unconstitutional harm due to abuse they encountered. NO system is flawless and the Baker Act seems to be in need of more checks and balances to protect the constitutional rights afforded everyone.

I'm thankful you never witnessed any of the reported Baker Act abuses, but there are too many stories of patients falling through the loopholes and suffering unconstitutional harm due to abuse they encountered. NO system is flawless and the Baker Act seems to be in need of more checks and balances to protect the constitutional rights afforded everyone.
I'm sure that's true.
But a friend or a family member can call an advocate to check it out.
Most people don't know patient rights.
They don't know about advocates.

I've heard the 6ft distance is the minimum and not the ideal distance. The ideal distance starts at 12+. It's just that 12 ft is impractical to enforce and they might as well go into full lockdown.

I've heard the 6ft distance is the minimum and not the ideal distance. The ideal distance starts at 12+. It's just that 12 ft is impractical to enforce and they might as well go into full lockdown.
my point was that it was arbitrary and not based on,science .

imho masks are feel good as you can't wear an kn95 all day ,it must be changed ,doctors clean and change ppe after each patient .

we put our China masks in glove boxes ,and or where ever often not even close to clean and also about those clothe rags ,if those worked ,shoot why don't doctors use those ?

Anti-vaccine people are now called a cult by the media.
What ever happened to "concerned citizens"?
Texas now requires all children to be vaccinated to attend school.
I wonder how much attendance will drop?
Yes, the far left is truly separating this country until we reach a state of anarchy.
Then they will send the military in to destroy the militias and take over the country and change the laws without a vote.
It's coming.
Who's side are you on?

And no, this is not a conspiracy theory.
If you've taken the virus shots, then so be it.
But be careful who you support in this heretical government of ours.

Yes, the far left is truly separating this country until we reach a state of anarchy.
Then they will send the military in to destroy the militias and take over the country and change the laws without a vote.
It's coming.
Who's side are you on?

The tactic I see coming is what the CDC just put out in that the vaccinated need not wear masks now. I can see that being used to shame/identify those who chose not to get poked. Vac cards being used as travel passports/employment requirements. Things are changing fast......

It's coming.
Who's side are you on?

Not your side. Our government isn't heretical.

Please, let this be the last post about our government in this thread. If you want to bash the government, create your own thread, please.

Please, let this be the last post about our government in this thread. If you want to bash the government, create your own thread, please.
I like this thread.
The forum has a complaint department.

But the govt has a lot to do with the virus.
I'm not happy about being forced to be vaccinated. I think that in this case it's necessary. But I'm beginning to doubt we'll get back to a normal life even if everyone gets vaccinated. It IS pur govt that has locked us up, closed things down, and taken our rights away.

But the govt has a lot to do with the virus.
I'm not happy about being forced to be vaccinated. I think that in this case it's necessary. But I'm beginning to doubt we'll get back to a normal life even if everyone gets vaccinated. It IS pur govt that has locked us up, closed things down, and taken our rights away.

There is a reason why that happened and I am fine with temporarily losing some of our freedoms/rights to combat a deadly pandemic. The government is there to protect the people and that is what they were doing the best way they could.

It really saddens me that the US is the only country that politicizes Covid and the vaccine.

The rhetorical theological propaganda machine is turning overtime dividing Christians over this issue. I personally have been shamed by Christians that I know for getting the vaccination. My wife has been “warned” by fellow Christians not to allow me around our pregnant daughter because I’ve been vaccinated and might cause her to miscarry. In the same breath my wife was warned by these same Christians that if she gets vaccinated, she should stay away from our pregnant daughter as well.

And then there are the Facebook posts where Christian “ friends” are already grouping together on how to stay away from idiots like myself who received the vaccination. Apparently I am toxic and can spread some sort of disease. One gal was having anxiety after finding out the gal behind her got her shot. She was honestly worried.

There are worse things, things I won’t mention openly. But Satan is laughing and fear and politics is his weapon to divide us, and he is doing a fine job.

We should not base our decisions on fear. Fear has away of stealing the truth from under us. Fear is a powerful tool for division.

Now is the time we need to draw near to one another and share our hopes and stop spreading fear. Now is the time to lift one another up and to carry each other’s burdens through this pandemic.

Now is the time to stop reading the news or watching it.
Now is the time to stop watching and engaging in fear based social media.
Now is the time to step away from the political noise.
Now is the time to look to Jesus.
Now is the time to pray for one another.
Now is the time to show grace, and strive for unity.

If we don’t do these things, we will further divide.

There is a reason why that happened and I am fine with temporarily losing some of our freedoms/rights to combat a deadly pandemic. The government is there to protect the people and that is what they were doing the best way they could.
the freedom of worship and what is essential is defined by whom you or the politician who ignore the very rules they make ,if florida closed its tourism ,NY state and others would protest because the elite who have private aircraft can't vacation .I seen the elderly ignore mandates ,golf and buy and sell homes all the while lockdown were strict .

its a joke when things like an large unsecured South and North border whereby not many if at any at all are checked for health issues .they refused refugees with tb until quarenteed .

we had old hospitals for that in Florida and the yellow fever .

or better yet masks that don't work ,it says so on the boxes ,not for covid .not enough masks issued to many as they can't supply them.changed more then once a day ,I have worn one
where the ear flaps turned brown and my boss chewed me out for getting a new one .

kubuki theatre .as it was in war so it is with this

Last edited:
Hi Isilwen,
The govt did it's best.
I guess so.
Here where I live, a million men have lost their jobs. No money for food or paying Bill's.
Some restrnts have closed forever. And other non essential stores too.

We're lucky by me. It's a small place and most held on with take outs.

As to giving up my freedom, ,,
I don't know if this was worth it.
Maybe I don't understand how serious this virus is,,,,having lived through a few.

It really saddens me that the US is the only country that politicizes Covid and the vaccine.

The rhetorical theological propaganda machine is turning overtime dividing Christians over this issue. I personally have been shamed by Christians that I know for getting the vaccination. My wife has been “warned” by fellow Christians not to allow me around our pregnant daughter because I’ve been vaccinated and might cause her to miscarry. In the same breath my wife was warned by these same Christians that if she gets vaccinated, she should stay away from our pregnant daughter as well.

And then there are the Facebook posts where Christian “ friends” are already grouping together on how to stay away from idiots like myself who received the vaccination. Apparently I am toxic and can spread some sort of disease. One gal was having anxiety after finding out the gal behind her got her shot. She was honestly worried.

There are worse things, things I won’t mention openly. But Satan is laughing and fear and politics is his weapon to divide us, and he is doing a fine job.

We should not base our decisions on fear. Fear has away of stealing the truth from under us. Fear is a powerful tool for division.

Now is the time we need to draw near to one another and share our hopes and stop spreading fear. Now is the time to lift one another up and to carry each other’s burdens through this pandemic.

Now is the time to stop reading the news or watching it.
Now is the time to stop watching and engaging in fear based social media.
Now is the time to step away from the political noise.
Now is the time to look to Jesus.
Now is the time to pray for one another.
Now is the time to show grace, and strive for unity.

If we don’t do these things, we will further divide.
I agree.
I hope you don't think I'm one of those you speak of since you gave Isilwen a like...

if florida closed its tourism ,NY state and others would protest because the elite who have private aircraft can't vacation

Florida did close its tourism for a time and closed the borders to NY. Disney was closed, as were Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Legoland, and Busch Gardens. Desantis opened the borders back up again and we had a huge spike in numbers in the early part of last summer.

I seen the elderly ignore mandates ,golf and buy and sell homes all the while lockdown were strict .

Wasn't just the elderly.

its a joke when things like an large unsecured South and North border whereby not many if at any at all are checked for health issues .they refused refugees with tb until quarenteed .

Not really paying attention to those things. Already got way too much on my plate as it is.

or better yet masks that don't work ,it says so on the boxes

Yeah, I have seen the meme as well. I believe it was done to try and show proof that masks don't work because too many people were yelling "my right, my rights" in regards to not wearing a mask.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...able-homemade-masks-are-effective-stopping-a/

Here where I live, a million men have lost their jobs. No money for food or paying Bill's.
Some restrnts have closed forever. And other non essential stores too.

And that's a shame, it really is, but that's what happens when a government shuts down the country/state and doesn't support its people. $1200 stimulus, $600 stimulus, and $1400 stimulus, are great for a quick shot in the arm, but it was a one-time payment and sometimes over eight months later. Other countries have put us to shame by providing for their own while shut down on a monthly or more frequent basis. This is something I will not give our government a pass on. They did what they could to protect us but then fell short of truly helping us.

Maybe I don't understand how serious this virus is,,,,having lived through a few.

Maybe not? I am on the frontlines and see just how serious this virus is.

Florida did close its tourism for a time and closed the borders to NY. Disney was closed, as were Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Legoland, and Busch Gardens. Desantis opened the borders back up again and we had a huge spike in numbers in the early part of last summer.

Wasn't just the elderly.

Not really paying attention to those things. Already got way too much on my plate as it is.

Yeah, I have seen the meme as well. I believe it was done to try and show proof that masks don't work because too many people were yelling "my right, my rights" in regards to not wearing a mask.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...able-homemade-masks-are-effective-stopping-a/
not a meme ,I open boxes made from,China that said that and also the Canadian centers,disease control said no mask made by cloth .bought from China that isn't n95 will do anything .

I read florida history as the yellow fever is a shot i had ,I had the shot for the Spanish flu and you,or any one who still has received a flu shot as well got it .

yet I got the Spanish flu,it came from Kosovo to my base and killed a few .

plenty wear bandanas ,many have vents ,etc .I. can wear a face shield at work too . it acceptanced.

if masks stop virus ,then how can it be that the flu hasn't killed the elderly as much ,zero in,some states but covi d isn't somehow affected by the mask mandates ?it must be spread the other way .

I'm also not antivax but I have taken a shot called anthrax that I was ordered to and now its been said it wouldn't have worked and it had potential far more harmful chemicals ,yet I should just ignore that .you can't speak up,against military orders,some did and were discharged despite even listed as having health issues from that shot

Back