Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

COVID Cases Among People Already Vaccinated

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It really saddens me that the US is the only country that politicizes Covid and the vaccine.

The rhetorical theological propaganda machine is turning overtime dividing Christians over this issue. I personally have been shamed by Christians that I know for getting the vaccination. My wife has been “warned” by fellow Christians not to allow me around our pregnant daughter because I’ve been vaccinated and might cause her to miscarry. In the same breath my wife was warned by these same Christians that if she gets vaccinated, she should stay away from our pregnant daughter as well.

And then there are the Facebook posts where Christian “ friends” are already grouping together on how to stay away from idiots like myself who received the vaccination. Apparently I am toxic and can spread some sort of disease. One gal was having anxiety after finding out the gal behind her got her shot. She was honestly worried.

There are worse things, things I won’t mention openly. But Satan is laughing and fear and politics is his weapon to divide us, and he is doing a fine job.

We should not base our decisions on fear. Fear has away of stealing the truth from under us. Fear is a powerful tool for division.

Now is the time we need to draw near to one another and share our hopes and stop spreading fear. Now is the time to lift one another up and to carry each other’s burdens through this pandemic.

Now is the time to stop reading the news or watching it.
Now is the time to stop watching and engaging in fear based social media.
Now is the time to step away from the political noise.
Now is the time to look to Jesus.
Now is the time to pray for one another.
Now is the time to show grace, and strive for unity.

If we don’t do these things, we will further divide.
Wow. I do not like using the word dumb, but when people are dumb they do not know what they are saying.
If any believer says taking a vaccination causes an illness in others is dumb. As it is a lie, they are also a liar, and spreader of false witness against a neighbour which is sin. In grace I suspect they are victims of right wing groups who wish to spread violence and antagonism.

What has impressed me is the UK. Vaccination has meant we are now still falling in cases and deaths, despite opening up again. California was a centre of infection, and is now looking like the best area because of vaccinations.

That is real empirical science, which cannot be refuted.

I read a report of a private school in the US which was banning staff or students who have been vaccinated because of the health threat to others.

Once you undermine scientific and civil authority this chaos is what you get, with tin pot dictators declaring threats where there are none. What saddens me is this insanity stains the gospel of Jesus, and the people who claim to know Him but so quickly and easily lie and condemn innocents over issues they have no right to declare.

Listening to defenders of QAnon, you realise how easily the internet can be used to dupe the naive with extreme accusations that play to the hatred and bias against political enemies when they should know better. Sadly this is nothing new, the battle of the reformation caused 25% of the population to be killed because they believed how evil the other side was, but this was literally propoganda and a few psychopaths manipulating situations.

God help us, to see His love and truth shining strong in His people, God bless you

those are not essential to you but do you think,parks ,the beach should be open?

Nope!

I,don't need to explain this bit i guess exercise is great at preventing suicide ,I know it has with me or for some any escape .mine has been photography .

These are things that can be done solo or with someone from your household if you choose and away from people.

its well documented on what walking does,even video games ,I used to escape life via games .

Yep, my girlfriend and I would walk my dog, away from people with each other. Games can be purchased online and downloaded, that is what I did.

The fact remains, nail salons, movie theatres, Gamestops, escape rooms, etc... are not essential.

It really saddens me that the US is the only country that politicizes Covid and the vaccine.

The rhetorical theological propaganda machine is turning overtime dividing Christians over this issue. I personally have been shamed by Christians that I know for getting the vaccination. My wife has been “warned” by fellow Christians not to allow me around our pregnant daughter because I’ve been vaccinated and might cause her to miscarry. In the same breath my wife was warned by these same Christians that if she gets vaccinated, she should stay away from our pregnant daughter as well.

And then there are the Facebook posts where Christian “ friends” are already grouping together on how to stay away from idiots like myself who received the vaccination. Apparently I am toxic and can spread some sort of disease. One gal was having anxiety after finding out the gal behind her got her shot. She was honestly worried.

There are worse things, things I won’t mention openly. But Satan is laughing and fear and politics is his weapon to divide us, and he is doing a fine job.

We should not base our decisions on fear. Fear has away of stealing the truth from under us. Fear is a powerful tool for division.

Now is the time we need to draw near to one another and share our hopes and stop spreading fear. Now is the time to lift one another up and to carry each other’s burdens through this pandemic.

I mostly stay away from American news and watch Aussie/NZ news also watch WION out of India. America is too divided and seems to be the way the elite want it. I don't understand the vac/pregnancy thing.......sounds cruel.

If you say so. We have friends in the UK. They love their healthcare and wouldn't trade it for anything else!

Not sure I am able to figure out your reply to me.

There is a reason why the flu has declined dramatically. It's mask-wearing. The flu virus is a larger virus and therefore has a harder time passing through the mask. Mask-wearing isn't 100% effective against Covid, but it does help to prevent the spread enough that it is sensible to wear one.

With regular patients, I wear a 3-ply cloth mask that our company gave us. We have three of them. With Covid+ patients, I wear both an N95 and a surgical mask over that.

I responded to what I was able to understand of your post.
What quarantine/social distancing/masks/gloves/ivermectin/hydroxychloroquine/vaccine does is slow down the spread so the hospitals don't get overwhelmed. The new Israeli drug is very promising.

Nope!

These are things that can be done solo or with someone from your household if you choose and away from people.

Yep, my girlfriend and I would walk my dog, away from people with each other. Games can be purchased online and downloaded, that is what I did.

The fact remains, nail salons, movie theatres, Gamestops, escape rooms, etc... are not essential.
so why have movies ,and the internet?

I don't have the internet ,I rarely watch movies .

these aren't not escapes,despite my use of them ,I could function without them .I know others who may use escape rooms,as such.

a salon tell,that to,my,wife about how having her hair done didn't improve her mood

a simple fishing trip saved a young privates life ,he planned that day to end it ,his 1Sgt was shocked and said he decided since I own a boat why not have ptsd outings .

the govt magically has said in all 50,states ,though briefly closing bars ,they they need them bars ,yet not nail,salons ,

imagine that ,you need your fix ,my post about the boating is to show how a simple hobby I,hate will be a God send to others ,one isn't forced to buy from game stop ,use an,escape room ,I don't need my nails done or hair .my,wife likes to.

in some states gardening supplies are off limits ,to my wife her trees ,the yard is her escape and purpose ,she said I can't work,my body is now taking the joy of gardening away ,and is depressed over it.I hate gardening ,yet I know how she loves palm trees and the orchids ,the bird feeders.they are her kids .
who is any politician to deny her that purpose ?

so why have movies ,and the internet?

I stream movies. As a matter of fact I was able to stream Wonder Woman 1984, Godzilla vs. Kong, and just recently Mortal Kombat. I have a VUDU account to stream movies and TV shows. There is a need for the internet, that is one of them.

I don't have the internet ,I rarely watch movies .

Okay.

these aren't not escapes,despite my use of them ,I could function without them .I know others who may use escape rooms,as such.

An escape room isn't essential. It just isn't.

a salon tell,that to,my,wife about how having her hair done didn't improve her mood

Again, it's not essential. This is how I see it.

This is becoming a circular argument and I really detest circular arguments. So from here on out, I will just agree to disagree with you. It is a standing order.

And that's a shame, it really is, but that's what happens when a government shuts down the country/state and doesn't support its people. $1200 stimulus, $600 stimulus, and $1400 stimulus, are great for a quick shot in the arm, but it was a one-time payment and sometimes over eight months later. Other countries have put us to shame by providing for their own while shut down on a monthly or more frequent basis. This is something I will not give our government a pass on. They did what they could to protect us but then fell short of truly helping us.

Maybe not? I am on the frontlines and see just how serious this virus is.
I'm beginning to understand it better because of what's happening in India.
It seems t o attach the lungs in a very aggressive way - more than pneumonia.
In other ways it's like the flu virus...one could get very serious symptoms, or mild symptoms,
or no symptoms at all --- except I believe influenza always has symptoms.

What I see personally is that some are very afraid of it...and some don't give it much thought (me).
However, I do know we need to find a way out because unless this thing dies on its own in some way...
we will have it with us forever.

I stream movies. As a matter of fact I was able to stream Wonder Woman 1984, Godzilla vs. Kong, and just recently Mortal Kombat. I have a VUDU account to stream movies and TV shows. There is a need for the internet, that is one of them.

Okay.

An escape room isn't essential. It just isn't.

Again, it's not essential. This is how I see it.

This is becoming a circular argument and I really detest circular arguments. So from here on out, I will just agree to disagree with you. It is a standing order.
the internet isn't essential .

you can live without the internet .

in order to make wonder woman 1984 ,actors and actresses were hired and yes they have salon,and make up,artists who do that but those are essential ,these have outdoor enclosable tents for Eating on,sets .

but we can't have salons who have reasonable accodomations of limiting the customers and spaces or they come to you .yet my,movies cuz I needs them .

that isn't circular logic .in country I learned to entertain myself as we barely had internet .if death is that close and so risky ,this business of picking what I find needful for me would end in legal practices .

therefore its not circular logic ,given how movies use make up artists and hair dressers and yes those videos of stars being inteviwed they don't need to look,good.

if it's not needed for the common folk ,they Hollywood don't need it

I do enter salons periodically to give nom,payment notices.limits posted on,signs ,by appointment only ,limits on how many served at a time . all of this save the appointment are post pandemic .

they space the chairs out and it used to be you could sit and read to wait for your hair to be done and now you can't .

It is sad to hear of this. I personally have not chosen to get the vaccine. I may at some point and I may choose not to but I certainly do not hold anything against those that choose to be vaccinated nor against those that choose not to be vaccinated. My wife is vaccinated, many of my siblings have been vaccinated, and many of my friends have been vaccinated.

I also understand what you're saying. I know without a doubt that two of my brothers-in-law would attempt to shame me if I decided to get the vaccine so it is likely that if I should choose to do so at some time in the future, I will not share that information with them.

I understand the reason for the push to get people vaccinated against this virus but I also have my reservations. Where I live, my risk of infection is quite low compared to most people and I believe it is a personal matter whether one chooses to be vaccinated or not.

I'm beginning to understand it better because of what's happening in India.
It seems t o attach the lungs in a very aggressive way - more than pneumonia.
In other ways it's like the flu virus...one could get very serious symptoms, or mild symptoms,
or no symptoms at all --- except I believe influenza always has symptoms.

What I see personally is that some are very afraid of it...and some don't give it much thought (me).
However, I do know we need to find a way out because unless this thing dies on its own in some way...
we will have it with us forever.
There is a difference between covid and flu. Covid has a series of vaccines against it which are effective, and a test that can show who is infected. Flu has a strain vaccine, but this only targets the most likely seasonal version of it. Flu also mutates quickly and adapts, while covid currently has a much smaller variation, though a much larger infected population.

With the deadly flu of 1919, it died out. So there is real hope, Covid similarly will die out.

I am an optimist. The problem with an easily transmissible illness, is the host community becomes immune because they all got it, so no new hosts. For covid to survive long term it needs a pool of slow transmission and light symtoms, or none to continue. Look at the common cold, we all get them, but not that bad, and it goes away, to return in another form months or weeks later.

This is the open question, what will this virus settle down to, a surviving strategy, or get knocked out?
Based on what is happening in the UK and California, get knocked out.

God bless you

There is a difference between covid and flu. Covid has a series of vaccines against it which are effective, and a test that can show who is infected. Flu has a strain vaccine, but this only targets the most likely seasonal version of it. Flu also mutates quickly and adapts, while covid currently has a much smaller variation, though a much larger infected population.

With the deadly flu of 1919, it died out. So there is real hope, Covid similarly will die out.

I am an optimist. The problem with an easily transmissible illness, is the host community becomes immune because they all got it, so no new hosts. For covid to survive long term it needs a pool of slow transmission and light symtoms, or none to continue. Look at the common cold, we all get them, but not that bad, and it goes away, to return in another form months or weeks later.

This is the open question, what will this virus settle down to, a surviving strategy, or get knocked out?

God bless you
Sounds like good news, maybe.
Thanks for the post PJ.
I don't worry about it much,,,but sometimes I think it's the beginning of the end.
I keep thinking of The Twelve Monkeys.
Silly me.....

God bless you

I,have been tested long ago for the Spanish flu and yup I had it .that was in 1993 .

It is sad to hear of this. I personally have not chosen to get the vaccine. I may at some point and I may choose not to but I certainly do not hold anything against those that choose to be vaccinated nor against those that choose not to be vaccinated. My wife is vaccinated, many of my siblings have been vaccinated, and many of my friends have been vaccinated.

I also understand what you're saying. I know without a doubt that two of my brothers-in-law would attempt to shame me if I decided to get the vaccine so it is likely that if I should choose to do so at some time in the future, I will not share that information with them.

I understand the reason for the push to get people vaccinated against this virus but I also have my reservations. Where I live, my risk of infection is quite low compared to most people and I believe it is a personal matter whether one chooses to be vaccinated or not.
It’s not really a matter of if you get Covid, it’s when.
When you get Covid, it may not even show itself, or you might get a runny nose, or an upset stomach and some diarrhea for three or four days and you’ll bounce right back. Or, you drew the short straw and you’ll move into respiratory distress. The good thing is Covid is now treatable, but you’ve got to get in early.

The data shows that if your conditions worsen between 3,and 5, your heading for Pnemonia which can cause death, or like my wife, long term health issues. Knowing this, go in before day 7 at the absolute latest. Day 4 or 5 is preferred. Find a hospital that will treat you with monoclonal therapy and be prepared to meet your insurance deductible and dip into your portion of the bill once you exceed your deductible.

Or.... get vaccinated. It’s fully covered by your insurance or free if you don’t have insurance.

my wife’s bill for her first ER visit was over 8k for 7 hours of service. My portion is $2400. I can’t wait to get my bill for her 5 day stay...

Wow. I do not like using the word dumb, but when people are dumb they do not know what they are saying.
If any believer says taking a vaccination causes an illness in others is dumb. As it is a lie, they are also a liar, and spreader of false witness against a neighbour which is sin. In grace I suspect they are victims of right wing groups who wish to spread violence and antagonism.

What has impressed me is the UK. Vaccination has meant we are now still falling in cases and deaths, despite opening up again. California was a centre of infection, and is now looking like the best area because of vaccinations.

That is real empirical science, which cannot be refuted.

I read a report of a private school in the US which was banning staff or students who have been vaccinated because of the health threat to others.

Once you undermine scientific and civil authority this chaos is what you get, with tin pot dictators declaring threats where there are none. What saddens me is this insanity stains the gospel of Jesus, and the people who claim to know Him but so quickly and easily lie and condemn innocents over issues they have no right to declare.

Listening to defenders of QAnon, you realise how easily the internet can be used to dupe the naive with extreme accusations that play to the hatred and bias against political enemies when they should know better. Sadly this is nothing new, the battle of the reformation caused 25% of the population to be killed because they believed how evil the other side was, but this was literally propoganda and a few psychopaths manipulating situations.

God help us, to see His love and truth shining strong in His people, God bless you
Exactly....

Back