Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CPAC scandal financial irregularities, sexual misconduct accusations, Treasurer resigns in protest.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hey Barbarian

Is there really a media blackout on Democratic party shenanigans. I mean really, when I compare all the tawdry dealings coming to light among the Republican caucus, I can't help but ask, "How come there aren't just as many news links every day to some Democratic party leader who has stolen funds or lied or had sexual trysts? I mean, I get it, there are, of course some, but it just seems that every day the swamp spews out more 'questionable' activities, and the majority of them seem to be involving the Republican side of politics.

Much like all the brouhaha that the Republican party has made about illegal voting, as far as I can tell the majority of illegal voting that has been found, has been perpetrated by Republicans. Just seems to me that there's something rather, what would be the word...hypocritical?

God bless,
Ted

Much like all the brouhaha that the Republican party has made about illegal voting, as far as I can tell the majority of illegal voting that has been found, has been perpetrated by Republicans. Just seems to me that there's something rather, what would be the word...hypocritical?
I remember the report that showed Trump pretty much had the "dead voter" bloc going in his favor. But aside from documenting that such fraud is rare even for republicans, I don't know that we have very good data on the relative amount of it for each party.

The most productive of voter frauds, is keeping qualified voters from voting. And even then, it often fails as it did in 2020.

From extremely conservative commentator, Brian Mudd:
But first, let’s start with the high-level facts.
  • Since 1980 there have been 1,375 proven cases of voter fraud
  • There have been 1,182 criminal convictions for voter fraud related to those cases
  • There has been proven voter fraud in all 50 states
  • There has been evidenced voter fraud in every election cycle
  • There have been 32 criminal convictions thus far in 2022 stemming from voter fraud in prior election cycles after 21 criminal convictions last year

Not remotely enough to swing any elections.

Let's see if there's some moderate or liberal sources...

Reuters:
Trump caused a stir last week when he encouraged his supporters in North Carolina, a key battleground state, to vote by mail and then show up on Election Day to cast another ballot in person. Voting twice in the same election is a crime in the United States.

Like other forms of voter fraud, double voting appears to be exceptionally rare, according to multiple studies.

Election officials rejected 8,247 absentee ballots in the 2016 presidential election because the voter had also cast a ballot in person, according to figures collected by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, although the vast majority appear not to have been intentional attempts at fraud.

So even Trump's followers generally refused to follow his directions to vote multiple times in an election.
The very conservative Heritiage Foundation finds less than 1500 cases nationally:

Interestingly, that supposedly liberterian group got all ruffled up when on political entity went back to what was a common practice just after the American Revolution, and opened voting to all adult residents of the area for certain questions.

And perhaps most notable of all:

Final report from partisan Arizona review confirms Biden defeated Trump in Maricopa County last November

The final report produced by Cyber Ninjas, the company hired by Arizona Senate Republicans to conduct a months-long, partisan review of the 2.1 million ballots cast in Maricopa County in the 2020 election, shows that the results of reviewers’ hand recount are nearly identical to the county’s tally.

The state Senate released the report Friday during a presentation by Cyber Ninjas and its subcontractors of its findings.

“The ballots that were provided to us to count in the coliseum very accurately correlate with the official canvass numbers,” Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan said during the presentation. He noted that the hand recount found President Joe Biden gaining 99 votes in Maricopa County and former President Donald Trump losing 261 votes – which he called “very small discrepancies.”

Yep. A report by a highly partisan right-wing organization, shows that not only was there only a tiny few illegal ballots cast, most of the illegal votes were for Trump.

Back