Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Criminal Charges Dropped Against La Pastor !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
(The Center Square) — The Louisiana Supreme Court has dismissed criminal charges against a pastor who defied Gov. John Bel Edwards’ coronavirus restrictions in 2020.

The high court’s 5-2 ruling found the governor’s executive orders limiting gatherings, first to 50 people then to 10, violated Rev. Tony Spell’s religious freedoms.

Spell drew national attention when he was arrested for ignoring Edwards’ COVID-19 edicts to hold Sunday service at his Life Tabernacle Church, where more than 1,200 people reportedly attended.

"Pandemic or not, this court cannot look the other way when the state infringes upon a citizen’s fundamental right to exercise his religion," the justices wrote in the decision released Friday, quoting Article I of the state constitution: "All government originates with the people, is founded on their will alone and is instituted to protect the rights of the individual and for the good of the whole."

Rest of the story here , Louisiana Supreme Court dismisses criminal charges against pastor for defying COVID-19 restrictions

The government in my home country was found guilty by the high court for infringing on citizens rights to enter there own country. I always knew it wouldn't hold in the high court and those who had a complaint and balls to stand up took it to court and won there case against the government.

Many people just submit to other human beings out of fear. People are afraid to speak out and no one should ever have to live in fear and feel afraid. There is a right path and a wrong path and the right path is if there is problem you go through the correct process and take it to court, that's what the justice system is there for, not for people to take justice into here own hands. Don't allow the crooked one to confuse and manipulate and divide everyone because the last thing the crooked one wants is a united people who agree on something and can beat it down, the crooked one likes division and people flipping out.

Many people just submit to other human beings out of fear. People are afraid to speak out and no one should ever have to live in fear and feel afraid. There is a right path and a wrong path and the right path is if there is problem you go through the correct process and take it to court, that's what the justice system is there for, not for people to take justice into here own hands. Don't allow the crooked one to confuse and manipulate and divide everyone because the last thing the crooked one wants is a united people who agree on something and can beat it down, the crooked one likes division and people flipping out.
One of the challenges is the cost. Many people are reluctant to seek resolution through the courts because they cannot afford it. They could seek support from others to help defray some of the costs but that too can be a difficult thing to do if one doesn't know how to go about getting it done.

(The Center Square) — The Louisiana Supreme Court has dismissed criminal charges against a pastor who defied Gov. John Bel Edwards’ coronavirus restrictions in 2020.

The high court’s 5-2 ruling found the governor’s executive orders limiting gatherings, first to 50 people then to 10, violated Rev. Tony Spell’s religious freedoms.

Spell drew national attention when he was arrested for ignoring Edwards’ COVID-19 edicts to hold Sunday service at his Life Tabernacle Church, where more than 1,200 people reportedly attended.

"Pandemic or not, this court cannot look the other way when the state infringes upon a citizen’s fundamental right to exercise his religion," the justices wrote in the decision released Friday, quoting Article I of the state constitution: "All government originates with the people, is founded on their will alone and is instituted to protect the rights of the individual and for the good of the whole."

Rest of the story here , Louisiana Supreme Court dismisses criminal charges against pastor for defying COVID-19 restrictions
It really shows the worldliness of the church, doesn't it?

It really shows the worldliness of the church, doesn't it?

All it comes downs down to is a single human being made a rule and told people they cannot go to church where those people freely at there own consent want to go to church. So the correct process is take it to court and the Judge can make the decision through the law. The judge has the final say if people like it or not.

Like the case in my country. The government has the right in the name of public health to make people quarantine on arrival and I agree with that, and that's a good thing, but not having the room available so citizens got denied the fundamental right to enter there own country is not right as the court found. Why could they not just quarantine at there own home, or wherever they were going to stay. why have to go into a facility and if there is no room no entry.

There has to be a fair balance. I mean lockdowns were pretty harsh. I think the government's intentions were good just looking out for everyone but in my own opinion it was a step too far. Being locked inside a small box for weeks on end can effect peoples mental health so allowing someone to go for a isolated drive for a isolate walk along the beach or the park or a isolated fish to get some time out would have been nice.

People also need support. For some people church is there safe space, it's there comfort zone. It made me wonder how many got through lockdowns without there support groups. People can say well could talk over video but it's not he same as physically being around someone. I mean people were not even allowed to visit dying loved ones to say goodbye. I mean they dying anyhow so have the compassion to allow there family to give them some love and embrace them with a hug. People who had weeks to live with terminal illness couldn't even see there own family. Its sad. People missed out on funerals and all sorts.

And how is that. People who had loved ones pass were alone, that's not good for mental health. A loved one passes away and they forced to stay home alone can't visit and embrace other family members when they need a hug. Where is the compassion.

And the parents who just wanted to pick up there child who passed away, not even allowed to enter a state within there own country just to pick up there child and take him home. That's all they wanted to do just get there child and take him home. Sad. Very sad. Where was the compassion.

All it comes downs down to is a single human being made a rule and told people they cannot go to church where those people freely at there own consent want to go to church. So the correct process is take it to court and the Judge can make the decision through the law. The judge has the final say if people like it or not.
Case in point.

I got a legal document signed by the governer general that requests I pass without hindrance or delay, so if I was denied entry into my own country I should just be able to just show that document. If they want me to quarantine that's fine, just don't deny me entry into my own country of citizenship.

One of the challenges is the cost. Many people are reluctant to seek resolution through the courts because they cannot afford it. They could seek support from others to help defray some of the costs but that too can be a difficult thing to do if one doesn't know how to go about getting it done.

It is really hard for some people if they don't have support and I always try support people. Like the family who's son took his own life in lockdown and all they wanted was to see there son and take him home and were denied access into a state within there own country unless they quarantined for 2 weeks. That's emotional damage.

People were even banned from leaving a country. I mean someone just wants to leave and was banned. Forced to live under someones harsh rules and not even allowed to freely leave if they choose. Its a fundamental right people can freely leave a country if they choose. You can't force someone to stay and ban them from leaving.

Back