Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Criminal Charges Dropped Against La Pastor !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ok , selfishness I can grasp what you are saying but I don't agree at all . Christians have rights in the USA , I can't speak for Canada .
Christians have rights, for now, of course, but that isn’t the point. We are supposed to be willing to give up our rights in the service of the Kingdom, in following Christ. This is what he asks of us, yet there are/were those in these forums that put their rights above Scripture—American first, Christian second. This is precisely what is happening in the church in the OP, and in a number of other churches.

Christians have rights, for now, of course, but that isn’t the point. We are supposed to be willing to give up our rights in the service of the Kingdom, in following Christ. This is what he asks of us, yet there are/were those in these forums that put their rights above Scripture—American first, Christian second. This is precisely what is happening in the church in the OP, and in a number of other churches.
I remember reading in the bible about a follower of Jesus ,a citizen , exercising his rights as a citizen . He could of gave them up but he did not . Do you need the verses ?

Let's see if I can cast a Biblical Light on what happened to pastor Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church Baton Rouge .

If you are not familiar with the Chapter 16 of Acts , go read it .

Tony Spell told by a judge to stay 50 feet away from his church ! Spell was placed under house arrest

What happened to Paul and Silas in Ch. 16 of Acts ? They were arrested and charged with breaking the law .
20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

Roman citizens speak out against the injustice they had done to them , just as pastor Tony Spell did as an American citizen .
37 But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.
38 And the serjeants told these words unto the magistrates: and they feared, when they heard that they were Romans.
39 And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city.
40 And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.

Paul and Silas desired to do God's will and continue to preach in the lands unhindered , their citizenship helped them accomplish this .

Tony Spell's citizenship will help him do the same !

Let's see if I can cast a Biblical Light on what happened to pastor Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church Baton Rouge .

If you are not familiar with the Chapter 16 of Acts , go read it .

Tony Spell told by a judge to stay 50 feet away from his church ! Spell was placed under house arrest

What happened to Paul and Silas in Ch. 16 of Acts ? They were arrested and charged with breaking the law .
20 And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
21 And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22 And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:
24 Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

Roman citizens speak out against the injustice they had done to them , just as pastor Tony Spell did as an American citizen .
37 But Paul said unto them, They have beaten us openly uncondemned, being Romans, and have cast us into prison; and now do they thrust us out privily? nay verily; but let them come themselves and fetch us out.
38 And the serjeants told these words unto the magistrates: and they feared, when they heard that they were Romans.
39 And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city.
40 And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of Lydia: and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.

Paul and Silas desired to do God's will and continue to preach in the lands unhindered , their citizenship helped them accomplish this .

Tony Spell's citizenship will help him do the same !
The significant difference being that Paul and Silas's actions weren't during a pandemic and putting people's lives and health at risk.

That a church which gathers during a pandemic, ignoring public health orders, is being selfish. Selfishness was already a huge problem in the Church and the pandemic has simply brought it to the fore. No Christian should be arguing to their rights when the health and lives of people are at stake. In fact, Christians should hardly ever (some say never) argue to their rights.
That’s certainly one way to look at it. But there are other ways to look at it as well.

The church I attend never closed its doors. Those that attended are all doing well.

The significant difference being that Paul and Silas's actions weren't during a pandemic and putting people's lives and health at risk.

That's got nothing to do with it. Because before the Pandemic was...The Seperation of Church and State is.

If the Government don't like that, then their best response is, Ok fine, let your God save you save you then! And do not try to forsake the fellowshipping of Believers from gathering together.

And why is it important? Good question!

Because God told us to gather together unto Him and raise or praises to Him as one voice! Corporately! God loves it when any of us speak to HIm or sing to Him...and He likes it even more when it's a lot of us, in one voice! Praise the Lord!!

We should be the loudest voice on earth so God don't have to hear all the suffering and wailing and evilness. So we don't need no stinking government telling anyone they have to sing solo. They can try to re-write the Constitution, but they can not rewrite God's laws, lol. Pandemic my butt. If they want to help and it's all about the children, then let them come up with 2 billions jars of Baby Formula why don't they?!

That's got nothing to do with it.
It has everything to do with it.

Because before the Pandemic was...The Seperation of Church and State is.

If the Government don't like that, then their best response is, Ok fine, let your God save you save you then! And do not try to forsake the fellowshipping of Believers from gathering together.

And why is it important? Good question!

Because God told us to gather together unto Him and raise or praises to Him as one voice! Corporately! God loves it when any of us speak to HIm or sing to Him...and He likes it even more when it's a lot of us, in one voice! Praise the Lord!!

We should be the loudest voice on earth so God don't have to hear all the suffering and wailing and evilness. So we don't need no stinking government telling anyone they have to sing solo. They can try to re-write the Constitution, but they can not rewrite God's laws, lol. Pandemic my butt. If they want to help and it's all about the children, then let them come up with 2 billions jars of Baby Formula why don't they?!
I don’t understand what your point is here.

That’s certainly one way to look at it. But there are other ways to look at it as well.

The church I attend never closed its doors. Those that attended are all doing well.
I have no problem with churches that had physical distancing, had congregants wear masks, etc. I take issue with churches that did not follow government health mandates.

If church services were/are being done in a way that either puts vulnerable people at risk or necessarily excludes them, then that is sin. And the same if they disobey any government health mandates. It is rebellion against God.

It has everything to do with it.

I don’t understand what your point is here.

That the Government does not have the authority to tell the American people that they can not assemble for Worship Services to God. If they was smart, they would work with Church leaders and help fund and organize prayer vigils for the nation and it's people. And teach the people to repent of their sins...and then God would heal our land and we would prosper as a nation and as a people, and perhaps once again, gain the respect of the world.

But they are not smart. They are evil and you know it. So the point is, they can not makes the people stay home. There is a separation of church and state, a legal principle. Governments job is to guard the borders and stuff, but nothing at all to do with anything which concerns ny church. It may in fact be a good idea to stay home because somebody let a germ out and it's killing people, but not stay home from church! Surely you jest! The Lord is the only one who can help us. So it's the days where you either stand up for yourself or you acquiesce to the state, which is joining them in my mind. Today no church service, tomorrow, no church take this mark? No. This is something that we have to stand up for. I commend the Pastor and his church people for standing behind him.

When the Government tries to interefere with any religious gathering, those are fighting words.

I have no problem with churches that had physical distancing, had congregants wear masks, etc. I take issue with churches that did not follow government health mandates.
Here's where I part with you a little. You seem to be very supportive of government forcing the situation. You do not seem to support each of us taking responsibility for ourselves and our own actions. In other words, you seem to think that unless government or some other authority demands it, then it is not valid.

In our church, we trusted that attendees would do what was best. We changed the procedure and anyone that attended followed along. It wasn't a law or a rule just a procedure. Anyone that did not feel comfortable was free to choose not to attend in person and we made it possible for them to attend electronically so that we would not leave anyone out.

If church services were/are being done in a way that either puts vulnerable people at risk or necessarily excludes them, then that is sin. And the same if they disobey any government health mandates. It is rebellion against God.

I can't talk for every human being who makes a rule everyone else is suppose to just accept and agree with without question, but when I was locked down and under government health mandates the health minister who locked everyone down thought it was ok to take his family to the beach and also go for a mountain bike ride while everyone else was banned.

What are you calling a sin?. If I want to go for a isolated fish and catch something to eat and to home and cook it thats a sin because someone who made a rule I don't even know said so?.

Here's where I part with you a little. You seem to be very supportive of government forcing the situation. You do not seem to support each of us taking responsibility for ourselves and our own actions. In other words, you seem to think that unless government or some other authority demands it, then it is not valid.

In our church, we trusted that attendees would do what was best. We changed the procedure and anyone that attended followed along. It wasn't a law or a rule just a procedure. Anyone that did not feel comfortable was free to choose not to attend in person and we made it possible for them to attend electronically so that we would not leave anyone out.
Continuing from above, there were some that chose not to wear a mask but they respectfully kept their distance from others.

Continuing from above, there were some that chose not to wear a mask but they respectfully kept their distance from others.
I know for a fact that in the aftermath the guard of my state and others ,didn't have enough masks and formed a barrier of plastic walls and held a formation to where no social distancing was possible.

That grates me but a person who is willing to take the risk in church simply can't .

I know for a fact that in the aftermath the guard of my state and others ,didn't have enough masks and formed a barrier of plastic walls and held a formation to where no social distancing was possible.

That grates me but a person who is willing to take the risk in church simply can't .

The guard should never been seen. Citizens should never have to see there own military. If that's what your talking about by the guard.

I know military here were controlling manages quarantine facilities. That's just over the top. Just shows how much trust the government has in the people they expect to trust them when they put the military to guard against there own citizens. What is that all about.

The guard should never been seen. Citizens should never have to see there own military. If that's what your talking about by the guard.

I know military here were controlling manages quarantine facilities. That's just over the top. Just shows how much trust the government has in the people they expect to trust them when they put the military to guard against there own citizens. What is that all about.
So if people protest the governor's mansion in Tallahassee ,just hire more cops in seconds ,Tallahassee isn't that big but grab a few thousands and they block off the roads .how many cops can then get there.

This is constitutional.a state may form a military to quell uprisings and to restore law and order .the rnc debates several years ago had the Florida nation guard redirecting traffic .

Any guard action during dsca,is under civilian authority .cops direct us and emplace us. We train for these things .

Riot control is part of all guard unit training .

Back