Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Criminal Charges Dropped Against La Pastor !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Which leads us back to here: Pro 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.

It is prudent to recognize danger (from a virus, for example) and take a course of action to keep oneself from that danger (get vaccinated, wear a mask, physically distance, etc.).

I'm simply asking what the context of that verse is.

Were small businesses closed by the government, and if so, why?

Should a person just hope and trust in an unknown. Time that they will have income ?
Govt safety when given the recent school shootings where the cops were cowards?!

I never lost a paycheck.others I can't say .Im a govt employee .

My brother lost money ,friends lost money and don't think that it's won't tax that unemployment.yup they will and living off 60 percent isn't enough

I may on taxable income about three grand a month

Florida max unemployment pay out is 1000 a month add the 500 a month.so now I wouldn't close a shop.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

And what is the context?
I consider myself to be included in the us in the verse . If this letter was still sitting on a shelf somewhere and not in the Bible me my answer would be different . Do you see it some other way ?

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I consider myself to be included in the us in the verse . If this letter was still sitting on a shelf somewhere and not in the Bible me my answer would be different . Do you see it some other way ?
So, what is the context?

Interesting how every time I ask that question here, I can't get a straight answer. But, it isn't surprising since I can't get a straight answer when I ask for the context of a verse.
Ok , lets see if I can do this .
So, is it the government's responsibility to keep its citizens safe?
No , it is not possible for the government to keep it's citizens safe . But the government can provide protection . Case in point , protection was provided to Ronald Reagan but they did not keep him safe .
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Context . Which I think Pastor Tony Spell would understand this verse and it's application to his life too .
Paul was exhorting Timothy to minister to the people without fearing what the Roman government or those in the Ephesian church who resented Timothy’s leadership could do to him .

No , it is not possible for the government to keep it's citizens safe . But the government can provide protection . Case in point , protection was provided to Ronald Reagan but they did not keep him safe .
Right, but possibility and responsibility are two different questions. You say that the government can provide protection, but should it? Is that within its scope of responsibilities?

Context . Which I think Pastor Tony Spell would understand this verse and it's application to his life too .
Paul was exhorting Timothy to minister to the people without fearing what the Roman government or those in the Ephesian church who resented Timothy’s leadership could do to him .
Well done, thank you. Timothy seemed to be "ashamed of the testimony about our Lord [and] of [Paul] his prisoner" (1:8; see also vs 12). So, can we then use this as a general statement that we should never fear, or only that we shouldn't fear when proclaiming the gospel? Would it apply to having fear during a pandemic, where such a (healthy) fear leads us to try and do what we reasonably can to protect ourselves by taking appropriate precautions?

You say that the government can provide protection, but should it?
What if the protection the government offered you were AR-15's and RPG's for your personal defense ? The degree of protection you want and the degree of protection I would say is acceptable are far apart .
Is that within its scope of responsibilities?
When the protection infringes on the rights of the populace things are not going to be good .
Well done, thank you.
Your welcome .
Timothy seemed to be "ashamed of the testimony about our Lord [and] of [Paul] his prisoner" (1:8; see also vs 12). So, can we then use this as a general statement that we should never fear, or only that we shouldn't fear when proclaiming the gospel?
Never fear my motto . I had a bad problem with fear about 7 years ago and ever since me and God got together on that problem I no longer fear anything but God !
Would it apply to having fear during a pandemic, where such a (healthy) fear leads us to try and do what we reasonably can to protect ourselves by taking appropriate precautions?
The fight or flight response is the only healthy fear I know of , and is that really fear ? It should be over within seconds . Worry is a no no too ! Concern is fine , due diligence is fine , planning is great too . If God is with us who can be against us . Fear during the pandemic , not me .

There is no protection. We live on a dangerous world in a dangerous universe there is no such thing as safety and security. Humans can try claim they can keep others safe and have good intentions but it's not reality.

Every single law or regulation that has been created to keep people safe how is that all going?. Is everyone in the world safe?

God dont even promise me safety and security in this world so what human is going to keep me safe. Everytime I drive a vehicle and I'm reaponsible I have to have trust in everyone else on the road and the roads are full of idiots who can't drive. Good luck stopping idiot. Good luck keeping me safe.

I had a family member who died after getting covid. He was in his 90s and tripple jabbed. Only the jabbed were allowed to visit and I was banned so I'm not sure how he got covid and died.

Just when I thought I was getting to middle class inflation made me lower class again. I could be lucky by the time I get my compulsory retirement fund that's my money im not even allowed to access, I might have enough for a loaf of bread, if I'm wise I could have a crumb a day and it might see me though.

Not sure how science measures it and knows as every individuals risk assessment is different that I have heard it can prevent people getting less sick but if that's the case then I can only assume its just like the flu jab the most vulnerable usually take.

Its a lose lose situation anyhow. If I don't have the jab and get mild symptoms the jab could have helped me and if I have the jab and get mild symptoms it was the jab that prevented me getting more sick. If I'm old and die jabbed well then it was just unfortunate.

.. you never know I could get a virus and die. Its true, I could die from a virus, I could also die from a heart attack from all the stress and anxiety I been under.

That is true. How did you know that?, your not a expert or a doctor. Your just a conspiracy theorist.

I just know lockdowns are unhealthy and effect peoples mental health. Just read the article in the post above. I'm not the expert.

Back