Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Daily Reading

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
B

BornAgain

This was my reading for today and wanted to share it on this thread for anybody who is having a hard time and God will not give you more than you can handle and to embrace trials and opposition.

Whenever God clearly speaks to you and you obey His will, you can expect to face opposition. Spiritual assaults and attacks by the ungodly are not always signs that you are out of the will of God. They may even indicate that you are in the very center of God's will.

Mary's husband, Joseph, was a righteous man who feared God, yet his obedience to God forced him to flee for his life to a foreign country. Joseph's hardship came, not because of his sin, but because of his obedience. Although Joseph and Mary were forced to move to another country, they remained in the center of God's will.

Jesus warned His disciples to expect persecution from the world as they obeyed the Father. He reminded them that they would not face persecution alone, for Jesus, too, had faced the hostility of the world and had been victorious John 16:33.

Don't become discouraged when you face opposition. Opposition may indicate that you are acting in obedience to God. Do not let opposition cause you to doubt God's will.

Examine your heart. If you have done what you know He has asked you to do, trust Him to see you through the antagonism that comes from those who are not walking with Him. When they encountered persecution, the disciples did not ask God to remove their opponents, but to give them boldness as they faced opposition Acts 4:24-31.

God's will for you may involve hardship, as it did for His Son John 15:20. But, He loves you and will not allow you to face more than you are able to handle.
—Experiencing God Day by Day

I totally agree. Being under spiritual attack usually does mean that one is on the right track with the Lord.

Hi Edward,

That is true and I am glad you read it. I used to think when I went through tough times God was punishing me for something I did, but now I take those times and pray more and read the bible and it has strengthened my faith and my relationship with Jesus.

Merry Christmas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am under attack I remember that this life is temporary on earth, Jesus suffered while he was here, he wants us to suffer to build our perseverance and faith, and keeps us looking to him for help. If we suffer in his name, then we will also reign with him and be rewarded for it. That, and like you say, he will not put on us more than we can bear. All of these things are comforting to know and it makes it easier to praise the Lord for our tribulation and suffering. This is important to praise the Lord during our times of tribulation. I have seen too many people who profess to be Christian and easily praise the Lord during good times, yet turn on God and speak ill of him during bad times. A big mistake. God Bless you and yours and Merry Christmas to you too. :)

That is right, Jesus had to suffer persecution much more than we will or will every know. I often think of that, too. Thank you for your insight and God Bless you.

Back