Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Daughter Learning to Sew

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This should be fun! Teaching my daughter to sew 😉.

I cannot wait to see how she does!

I used to do it as a business. Since being immoblie I no longer can do it BUT! I can still instruct her and guide her.

I just sold all mountains of fabrics but I kept everything else (my 2 sewing machines and two embroidery machines). She's having a blast pulling them out!

I could never get my girls interested into sewing. Even being a seamstress and doing custom orders and embroidery.

Today one of my daughters finally took a crack at it!

She did absolutely phenomenal!

I foresee fabric for her birthday in a few weeks lol!

I am so so excited that she enjoyed doing it today. It was awesome to teach, guide and instruct her to sew. It brought back many fond and happy memories for me doing what I loved.

Enjoy the bag she made!

This should be fun! Teaching my daughter to sew 😉.

I cannot wait to see how she does!

I used to do it as a business. Since being immoblie I no longer can do it BUT! I can still instruct her and guide her.

I just sold all mountains of fabrics but I kept everything else (my 2 sewing machines and two embroidery machines). She's having a blast pulling them out!
I wish someone would teach me to sew.

If you ever wanna be on zoom, skype or video chat. I can have my daughter show you and you can tag me along ;) Apparently I am a good teacher she says! Her teacher never allowed her to be independent while doing it - to gain confidence, trial and error and trust her that she will figure it out. Or I can take photos and send them step 1, 2, 3....

Do you have a sewing machine?

If you ever wanna be on zoom, skype or video chat. I can have my daughter show you and you can tag me along ;) Apparently I am a good teacher she says! Her teacher never allowed her to be independent while doing it - to gain confidence, trial and error and trust her that she will figure it out. Or I can take photos and send them step 1, 2, 3....

Do you have a sewing machine?
Unfortunately, I do not have a sewing machine and was not thoroughly taught in school. We were supposed, but that end up not happening for some reason. Photos sound like a good idea. Maybe I will save up and buy a sewing machine. It is intimidating to me. Maybe I should pray about it. I'm just busy all the time :) I think it would be good though. My aunt can sew, but she hasn't on awhile and I don't think she cares to teach it to me. *shrugs* I think I mentioned it before. People her age are so much smarter than my generation.

Back