Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Death penalty for drug dealers would reduce crime in America by 80%

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi @edw
I can't take the government out of it because they want to control the people and they are actively working agaainst the people.
You are correct that Satan is in control of this world. As far as some idea that governments want to control people...well, uhhh, that's actually why we have governments. Now, the amount of control is different under different governmental designs. As far as 'actively' working against the people, naaah. That's the stuff of paranoid conspiracy stuff, of which this particular website seems to have a few.

That doctor tried to get me to buy an appointment to let them stick a camera up my butt and I said no thanks. It works fine, if I have a probleem I'll let you know. She said ok.
Then made me an appointment anyway and sent me the confirmation of date and location. SO I didn't confirm or show up and they sent me a bill for no show! To an appointment that I never made, Lol...
So get another doctor. Still isn't the government's fault that you made a poor choice of medical professional. I chuckle at your turn of phrase: The doctor tried to get you to 'buy' an appointment. Mine just makes them, I don't have to pay anything until I have the appointment. You definitely have a weird medical practice that 'sells' appointments.

Since we're discussing each one's particular viewpoint...
I live a reasonably satisfying life here in the U.S. It's not the perfect governmental system, but it's fairly high up there in fair and equitable governance. Are there things that the government does that I would do differently? Sure. But that's true of all governments. Some more than others. However, I realize that I live in a nation of some 300M people and it isn't all about me. I also realize that, while I live in this world, God asks me to respect the government in place over me. So I try to do that. I also realize that, no, the government is not responsible for all of the ills of the world. The sin of mankind is!

And the truth is, those oxy pills come with so much regulation from the government that it can be said that, if the doctors do not jump through federal regulations hoops they could get their license to practice to revoked.
Ummm, I don't think I've ever heard of a doctor having their license revoked because they didn't prescribe any particular medication. Certainly there have been plenty that have been revoked over supplying too much or unnecessary medication.
The government. It changed. Where it used to be a friendly environment is now like they act like we are subject to them and must obey them. And now it's getting 4 minutes with the doctor about me and 15 minutes of upselling me to buy this test or that test. You are due for this blah blah blah. and I'm sick of it. I'd rather spend those 15 minutes of my time with my doctor talking about why I am there. The way it seems now you may as well start calling the medical industry a branch of government, lol.
Sounds to me like you should just quit going to the doctor. I'm curious why you do. My doctor often tells me that I'm due for a colon exam or EKG or blood and urine tests. It's how they find out what's going on with your body and what to be doing for you as regards keeping your health up. If you don't want that, then quit going. No one says that you have to go to the doctor. Although my wife did hound me a lot about not going enough. Now I'm 67 and I have a doctor visit about every 3 months. I also drop blood and urine regularly for lab testing. I have done one Cologuard stool sample. I don't see any of this as some attempt to control me, but rather my medical professional doing what it is that they are trained to do. Especially as we get older and things start to break down, early detection of problems usually makes it easier to address and resolve.

Anyway, you're certainly allowed to live and believe as you do, but you and I have a totally different idea of what to expect from the medical profession.

God bless,
Ted

That doctor tried to get me to buy an appointment to let them stick a camera up my butt and I said no thanks. It works fine, if I have a probleem I'll let you know. She said ok.
Then made me an appointment anyway and sent me the confirmation of date and location. SO I didn't confirm or show up and they sent me a bill for no show! To an appointment that I never made, Lol...
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the for profit nature of medicine. The camera was to check for early signs of bowel cancer. Usually when you feel the signs of something wrong, it's too late. Uncomfortable procedure regardless.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the for profit nature of medicine. The camera was to check for early signs of bowel cancer. Usually when you feel the signs of something wrong, it's too late. Uncomfortable procedure regardless.

There's a Physician whose name is Jehovah Rapha, who many Christians look to first for their healing.

I was being facetious when I said they wanted me to buy an appointment. They did say make an appointment. At first they wanted an EEG, and I know that by experience. But I asked them if there i s a cost to me and they said no. So I made that appointment and went to it. Then they sent me a $275 bill for it. Ha! I can't pay that.

Apparently I need a doctor because I'm epileptic and have been since a small child. I had a lot of grand mal seizures when young. Then I stopped having them as a young man. but was still on medication and I was all about researching this condition of mine, and! paying closer attention to myself. As a young man I was eager to believe that the seizures were helped by the use of recreational marijuana use as a young man. Maybe MJ really did help, I did stop having seizures. I was still on medication but I didn't like that medication because of it's side effects so cut my own dosage and showed up with low levels in my blood lol. But I did continue to be seizure free. They threatened me that if I didn't start taking theraputic levels of the medication that they could not provide me any more...

SO I said Bye! I went totally off any medication. I continued to smoke pot and went another 18 years of being seizure free. By that time I am a mature man and ready to put the pot down as a young man thing. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Exactly 3 days later I had a grand mal seizure. So I got me some more pot and went off to the doctor for an EEG and evaluaton of the situation.

I forget her name, but she is the most professional dotor I have been to in my life. FT Collins Colorado. EEG, then she talked about it and went over it with me in a language I understand and put me on the right medication the first time and I had no more seizures for another 11 years!
But I proved beyond doubt that MJ does help with Epileptics.
11 years later, seizure free, I'm thinking...man I sure do really want to stop smoking pot, I like being clear headed. Maybe it was a fluke 11 years ago? It could be!
So I stopped smoking MJ again but continued to take my medication....
4 days later I had a grand mal seizure. No fluke.
I was doing 70 mph on the highway during rushhour and rolled my work truck 3 times after hitting a tree airborne.
I broke my back in two places. They installed A Ronco back repair pack and put me back on my feet. Eventually. Sort of. A lot of hardware and they say the operation was a sucess but boy it took a lot of wind out of my sails. I walk on my own and I never heard of someone breaking their back and not being in a chair. But I walk, just not far.

So I need a doctor for the tegretol pills. Unless that kind only goes out by much prayer and fasting (Unless you're Jesus Himself!) So I'm working on that.

Sounds like the pot works for you. Hopefully with the ban slowly rolling back there can be some research to isolate what's in Marijuana to use as medicine so you can be more clear headed.

It was that seizure where I rolled my truck, that the Lord saved my life. There's a whole testimony that this grew into.

it went like this...I was on the freeway doing 70 on my way to a professional meeting. I started feeling very funny. I have never felt a seizure coming on before, I just wake up talking to paramedics or something. But somehow I just sensed it I knew it in my gut (!). I glanced around real quick, traffic both sides moving fast. glanced at spedometer, 70 MPH. Glanced into the rearview and saw myself fading away into unconsciousness....I spoke the words, Lord be with me...!!!

Witness accounts say my truck jerked to the right, shot through traffic (without touching anyone!), left the road at a high rate of speed, hit a downed Log which launched the truck airborne where I hit a tree head on passender side, that spun the truck then I rolled 3 times.

I had 4 months on my back in recovery to ponder exactly what happened out there. I should be dead. The Lord saved my life. Everything to do with the incident went smoothly for the 99% anyway.

The 1% was, (Lol).
I had $1000 cash in my right pants pocket.
I had $40 cash in my left pants pocket.
I woke up without my pants on in the hospital. When they discharged me a couple weeks later The $40 cash was gone and the $1000 cash was given back to me! So, somebody got my 40 bucks, but I *think* God wouldn't let them take the $1000! Lol, Praise the Lord!

I had heard that everything in the truck got thrown everywhere and was a huge mess. I wondered where is my gun? I had mounted a holster beside the driver seat on my thing beside the seat. I had no "permit" to carry but I had the gun. A cop came in my hospital room and even though I was sorta scared about getting in trouble I had to ask him, was my gun recovered? I had a gun. Lol, the cop says, I dunno, it don't matter. I'm just here to take your statement about the incident. (what a dunb cop lol). SO I said, I can't give a statement about what happened. He said, why not?
Duh, I had a grand mal seizure and was unconscious at the time of the incident and did not witness anything for that reason. But I got no tickets, no bills, no damage done except to a tree and my truck.

And then I hit paydirt with the towtruck driver. He had my gun. He spent 3 hours picking up all of my material from the truck and tools and my gun, Praise the Lord!

And I escaped with my life. And I felt it in my heart that it was the Lord who did this for me. Because I spoke the words Lord be with me. Ye have not because ye ask not.

But realizing it at first shook me to my core. Wow! I owe the Lord my life. That was 2009. I have remained serious about walking with Him and learning His ways ever since.

Sounds like the pot works for you. Hopefully with the ban slowly rolling back there can be some research to isolate what's in Marijuana to use as medicine so you can be more clear headed.

That's for sure. I don't understand it why the Lord is doing this this way at all, Lol! So here I am, lol. A pot smoker. I sure do not smoke it like I used to. Just a little bit here and there before I go to bed. It's a good muscle relaxer too. I know that if I run out that 3 days later I better not be driving! So I can take a break from it if I want, for 2 days, lol!

That's for sure. I don't understand it why the Lord is doing this this way at all, Lol! So here I am, lol. A pot smoker. I sure do not smoke it like I used to. Just a little bit here and there before I go to bed. It's a good muscle relaxer too. I know that if I run out that 3 days later I better not be driving! So I can take a break from it if I want, for 2 days, lol!
Have you tried it as an edible? I wonder if that would be better for you.

Have you tried it as an edible? I wonder if that would be better for you.

Yes I have and I like edibles. it still gets it into my system and leaves me a clear head.

But who buys expensive factory ammo when they know how to load their own?! ;) So I bought grow equipment and got my red card in Colorado which allows the holder to posses MJ and to grow their own max 6 plants.

I made some edibles and they were good! But the problem I ran into was...it takes more than 6 plants to have enough weed to make enough edibles. So do I want to increase the number of my plants and take a chance on breaking that law? Or do I abandon the edible idea? So I abandoned that idea.

Hi Edward

Sounds like that accident was pretty horrific. Give thanks for the Lord's mercy. So, are you in agreement that the dealer who sold you the marijuana, before you started growing your own, should be put to death?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Edward

Sounds like that accident was pretty horrific. Give thanks for the Lord's mercy. So, are you in agreement that the dealer who sold you the marijuana, before you started growing your own, should be put to death?

God bless,
Ted

No I don't. If he was helping me by selling me something illegal, then what has he done wrong? There's no corpse, no crime been committed.

No I don't. If he was helping me by selling me something illegal, then what has he done wrong? There's no corpse, no crime been committed.
Hi Edward

Well, those who feel that such a punishment is warranted for such a crime would say that, yes, while he may have been helping you, he was leading many others into the gateway of drugs. That's what many believe, and may be true. That often times, marijuana is the gateway drug to others. However, as to your question asking "what has he done wrong?" He's committed a crime by selling you an illegal substance. Doesn't matter the reason you were buying it.

Much similar to the argument of pro-lifers use against abortion. Doesn't matter that a woman may have been raped or the act was incestual, or that it was just two young children/teens who were just seeking the pleasure of an orgasm without considering the consequences that come from such pleasure. Now some young woman, and of course, it's always the woman who pays the hardest penalty. Is stuck with the problem of keeping a child that they really can't care for properly or putting a child up for adoption to some group of total strangers as the child's parents.

Often times, the man/boy gets to walk away Scott free from any continuing problems. So, as so often happens, the man/boy pressures a woman/girl to have sex with the line, "Well, if you loved me you'd do it." or "Oh, you're really going to enjoy this.". The after effects can be quite devastating for the woman/girl while the man/boy gets a pass and life goes on. Just as we've now seen is the history of Mr. Herschel Walker. Jumping from woman to woman, and getting at least four of them pregnant. One of them getting an abortion rather than choosing to continue the pregnancy.

Anyway, I just wanted your understanding of the particular issue that the OP brings up in this thread.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Edward

Well, those who feel that such a punishment is warranted for such a crime would say that, yes, while he may have been helping you, he was leading many others into the gateway of drugs. That's what many believe, and may be true. That often times, marijuana is the gateway drug to others. However, as to your question asking "what has he done wrong?" He's committed a crime by selling you an illegal substance. Doesn't matter the reason you were buying it.

Much similar to the argument of pro-lifers use against abortion. Doesn't matter that a woman may have been raped or the act was incestual, or that it was just two young children/teens who were just seeking the pleasure of an orgasm without considering the consequences that come from such pleasure. Now some young woman, and of course, it's always the woman who pays the hardest penalty. Is stuck with the problem of keeping a child that they really can't care for properly or putting a child up for adoption to some group of total strangers as the child's parents.

Often times, the man/boy gets to walk away Scott free from any continuing problems. So, as so often happens, the man/boy pressures a woman/girl to have sex with the line, "Well, if you loved me you'd do it." or "Oh, you're really going to enjoy this.". The after effects can be quite devastating for the woman/girl while the man/boy gets a pass and life goes on. Just as we've now seen is the history of Mr. Herschel Walker. Jumping from woman to woman, and getting at least four of them pregnant. One of them getting an abortion rather than choosing to continue the pregnancy.

Anyway, I just wanted your understanding of the particular issue that the OP brings up in this thread.

God bless,
Ted

The guy did not have a victim so there was no crime.

As to your comparisons to gateway drugs and teen pregnancy, well it sounds to me like people should consider the consequences of their actions before they do it. That's not on a guy who sells pot. And it's not illegal in Ohio anymore. They legalized MJ and anyone can run right down and get their red card. For some reason though, Ohio wont let people grow 6 plants. :angry

If weed is so bad then why does the government department of health have a patent on cannabinoids. Without the THC that turns one into a zombie, weed has health benefits. It's a natural seed bearing plant with health benefits and antioxidants.

But indo think it should be regulated in a way. Smoking it obviously cant be healthy i mean thats smoke in the lungs. I think people are coming to realize it's not as evil as they thought it was. I'm think now police have discretion on it, they don't have to arrest someone for weed if they don't want.

I got arrested for weed once. Waste of the police time, waste of my time, waste of the courts time. I was just having a cone in peace until I got disturbed.

People get caught with weed now they just confiscate it and take your bong or something. I don't think they waste there time arresting people over it anymore. Some probably do.

Anything abused will ruin people's life and health. Alcohol can be a nasty addictive drug just like illegal drugs, yet someone responsible has a glass of wine with there meal while someone else gets ripped doing stupid things acting like a animal and ruining there life and health.

Drug Dealers
Sure and lock up the biggest drug dealers government and the Pharmaceutical Companies. I don't buy that the fentanyl crisis' is from the drug dealers. Like the kids? What? Putting it in candy is not lucrative for drug dealers. It is lucrative for those with an agenda to implement more aggressive laws that only curtail the liberties of law abiding citizens. This is all too convenient for big brother. Quite suspect. People are gullible. You do know that what Biden is doing is illegal and he should be impeached? But no one is talking impeachment of him and his cabinet who too are responsible. Too soon for that.

This fentanyl garbage is a perfect excuse to roll out a digital currency. See, under the guise of peace and security, to implement a universal digital currency and social credit score, drug dealers will be curtailed yes, but, so will law abiding citizens. Once the drug dealers have to use digital currency that will be followed by a biometric monitoring system well, bye, bye to drug dealers making money. Sounds good right?! Honestly if I had to choose big brother over me rather than deal with the obvious ills of drug dealers, I'd choose dealing with the drug dealers and the same monitary currency. I mean since this is not a perfect world. Point is I can navagate drug dealers, it simply is not my cup of tea to poison my body. But because I know there is a bigger criminality out there I know this is all a scam! And Trump with his Marxist fist in your face every chance he gets is simply the conservative Facist while the left is Red Commie. Wake up! The best answer for all this is the Retribution of the Lamb and the removal from upon the earth all the wicked as foretold by Enoch. Then the righteous will go to fro like sparks amongst their stubble 😎. "My people shall dweel in the desolate places, My people shall rebuild".

Reactions: JLB
When I got arrested for having a quiet cone in peace it was such a waste of time. Arrested and thrown in jail, taken to court only for the judge to send me back to the police who gave me advice not to smoke weed. Could have just told me before arresting me would have been easier and saved time.

I only smoked for another year or so and gave up anyhow at my own choice.

Anything abused will ruin people's life and health. Alcohol can be a nasty addictive drug just like illegal drugs, yet someone responsible has a glass of wine with there meal while someone else gets ripped doing stupid things acting like a animal and ruining there life and health.
" I come eating and drinking no doubt you will call me glutton and drunkard". Seems self control and moderation is key. I like wine, wine is good. Cin cin🥂.

Back