Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

DELIVERANCE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

andy pandy

This was my first involvement in deliverance. The church I attended, a charismatic Brethren, decided to hold a national conference. I was asked to be one of the organisers and a support ministry for the seven main ministers.

Each morning we had various workshops, the afternoons were free to enjoy the facilities of the holiday camp we were at and the evening was an all in meeting for everyone to attend. Each night one of the main ministries spoke. When they had done so people were invited forward for prayer. The support ministries usually did the praying.

One young man who came forward was waiting for someone to pray for him. I joined him and asked what he wanted prayer for. He said he was a homosexual and did not want to be one. When I heard that, being in that meeting was the last place I wanted to be. I had no idea what to do or say. I told him to wait whilst I talked to one of the main minsters. They would know.

They said to wait until the morning and they would deal with it then. I told him and we left it at that thinking that one of them would deal with the situation.

In the morning, they told me they felt I was the right person to deal with it. But, but, but....

They were insistent so very reluctantly I met up with the young man and told him what they had decided. We went to a private room and sat down. I had no idea what I was going to do.

So I opened the word as that was all that came to me and spoke out some scriptures to him. When I had finished reading them I asked him "Do you want to be set free from homosexuality?"

With tears in his eyes he said yes, yes I do. I told him I was going to pray for him and let God do what he wanted to do. I laid hands on him and commanded the spirt of homosexuality to come out of him. He convulsed, screamed, fell to the floor and sobbed.

When he came to again I could see in his eyes and on his face he had been completely set free.

I met this young man several times afterwards when he visited our church. On his last visit he was married, he had his wife with him and was the father of a gorgeous young son.

It is amazing what God can do when we trust him and I have been brought to tears telling you this story.

ANOTHER DELIVERANCE STORY;

At the same conference, I was called in to assist with a workshop on Rejection. A year before one of our Elders had a revelation about rejection from God and started preaching about it. As a result, I was delivered from rejection.

He spoke about the subject and I joined him at the end in praying for people to be set free from rejection. He started at one end of the line and I started at the other end.

Same again. As I stood in front of the first person I was going to pray for I realised I had no idea what I was going to pray. I waited for a moment and the words " He breaks the power of canceled sin and sets the prisoner free" came to me.

I laid hands on the person and said those words. Next minute the person was on the floor. I had thought to follow with more prayer but obviously not needed.

I moved on to the next person and said the same words. Down they went.

Same again for the next person.

For the next person, I got halfway through it and they were gone. Same for the next person.

For the next person I did not even touch them. I started to say the words and down they went.

It got to the stage where I stood in front of the person, looked at them, said nothing, didn't touch them and down they went.

The power of God in that room was palpable.

This was my first involvement in deliverance. The church I attended, a charismatic Brethren, decided to hold a national conference. I was asked to be one of the organisers and a support ministry for the seven main ministers.

Each morning we had various workshops, the afternoons were free to enjoy the facilities of the holiday camp we were at and the evening was an all in meeting for everyone to attend. Each night one of the main ministries spoke. When they had done so people were invited forward for prayer. The support ministries usually did the praying.

One young man who came forward was waiting for someone to pray for him. I joined him and asked what he wanted prayer for. He said he was a homosexual and did not want to be one. When I heard that, being in that meeting was the last place I wanted to be. I had no idea what to do or say. I told him to wait whilst I talked to one of the main minsters. They would know.

They said to wait until the morning and they would deal with it then. I told him and we left it at that thinking that one of them would deal with the situation.

In the morning, they told me they felt I was the right person to deal with it. But, but, but....

They were insistent so very reluctantly I met up with the young man and told him what they had decided. We went to a private room and sat down. I had no idea what I was going to do.

So I opened the word as that was all that came to me and spoke out some scriptures to him. When I had finished reading them I asked him "Do you want to be set free from homosexuality?"

With tears in his eyes he said yes, yes I do. I told him I was going to pray for him and let God do what he wanted to do. I laid hands on him and commanded the spirt of homosexuality to come out of him. He convulsed, screamed, fell to the floor and sobbed.

When he came to again I could see in his eyes and on his face he had been completely set free.

I met this young man several times afterwards when he visited our church. On his last visit he was married, he had his wife with him and was the father of a gorgeous young son.

It is amazing what God can do when we trust him and I have been brought to tears telling you this story.

Amen!

Good job brother!

Back