Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Different cultures

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Britney

Is it okay for us to like and participate in different cultures even when those cultures participate in idolatry like the Japanese? Meaning food, dress, art, language, and vacationing in their countries. I ask this because although I am also interested in knowing the answer for all cultures, I became interested in Japanese culture and language when I was a teenager because of anime and although I don't really watch anime anymore because most of it is not that morally good, I still have an affection for some Asian cultures.

All it comes down to is being as respectful as you can to other cultures while holding your own belief system.

I'm not afraid to say no. Sometimes that can get you some respect. It's like in any culture or religion or whatever if it goes against someones belief they will stand up for themselves and say no and that's respect and they get respect for that. If it doesn't conflict with personal belief then people participate learn about other cultures and all that.

I like Japan, it's a good country and the country kept its culture and identity. Most people are polite and respectful. And very seldom do people flip out in Japan and it has a low crime rate. And of course good sushi.

Last edited:
Is it okay for us to like and participate in different cultures even when those cultures participate in idolatry like the Japanese? Meaning food, dress, art, language, and vacationing in their countries. I ask this because although I am also interested in knowing the answer for all cultures, I became interested in Japanese culture and language when I was a teenager because of anime and although I don't really watch anime anymore because most of it is not that morally good, I still have an affection for some Asian cultures.
I’ve lived for a time in Asia and those cultures have a lot to teach westerners. They are so much better at hospitality, for example, it’s remarkable. So one can find in most cultures elements that more closely resemble God’s standard than our own culture. Look for those elements are learn from them how to behave differently.

I’ve lived for a time in Asia and those cultures have a lot to teach westerners. They are so much better at hospitality, for example, it’s remarkable. So one can find in most cultures elements that more closely resemble God’s standard than our own culture. Look for those elements are learn from them how to behave differently.

Can go to Thailand. You won't even know who is a male or a female. As I told someone once they looked beautiful just a polite compliment and they replied and said looks can be deceiving. I think I called a dude beautiful and I'm not even gay. Lol.

Last edited:
Can go to Thailand. You won't even know who is a male or a female. As I told someone once they looked beautiful and they replied and said looks can be deceiving. I think I called a dude beautiful and I'm not even gay. Lol.
That wasn’t my experience but I was in Bangkok which is pretty dirty and very dangerous. Human life is cheap in a Buddhist city and you felt it. Maybe the countryside is different.

That wasn’t my experience but I was in Bangkok which is pretty dirty and very dangerous. Human life is cheap in a Buddhist city and you felt it. Maybe the countryside is different.

Where is not dangerous?. I mean most countries and cities have there risks attached. That's just the world and how it is. Always have to be vigilant especially travelling to any foreign country you don't know or have lived. Every country always likes to promote itself as safe and great to get tourism but only locals know how it really rolls. People do get manipulated and taken advantage of. You have to stand your ground, you have to wise, you have to study and know where to go and where not to go, I mean you on someone else's turf and things are different.

You always have to keep yourself as safe as possible.

Where is not dangerous?. I mean most countries and cities have there risks attached. That's just the world and how it is. Always have to be vigilant especially travelling to any foreign country you don't know or have lived. Every country always likes to promote itself as safe and great to get tourism but only locals know how it really rolls. People do get manipulated and taken advantage of. You have to stand your ground, you have to wise, you have to study, I mean you on someone else's turf and things are different.
There are statistics on safe and dangerous cities in the world and they aren’t at all alike. When I first went to Tokyo, a friend said if you drop your wallet on the street in Tokyo, a japanese will pick it up and run after you to make sure you get it back. Wouldn’t expect that in many cities in the world. I’ve lived and worked in many countries and they aren’t at all the same when it comes to safety.

And when it comes to running the mouth. Some places you have to be careful what you say especially politically. That can get people in situations they dont want to be in. You don't go some foreign country and start talking politics. You keep your mouth shut. Talking with someone and the conversation turns politics. Not wise.

Last edited:
Is it okay for us to like and participate in different cultures even when those cultures participate in idolatry like the Japanese? Meaning food, dress, art, language, and vacationing in their countries. I ask this because although I am also interested in knowing the answer for all cultures,

When will any of you people on the forum ever have sincerity and honesty ?

I know the people of the forum think they get away ( for now) with creating whatever they want to, but why do they think judgement day wont be answered foe what is ignored right now ?

It is proven immediately, how ungodliness is ruling for the ones who live on this forum, and think that a created question such as japan participating in idolatry, and creating threads for cultures.

God has instructed all the world together, ( all the world is commanded to repent by the death and rising again of Jesus Christ, assured by God. Acts 17:30-31.)

That is why the instruction is for those who have bodies on the earth, as their coveting is IDOLATRY.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

There is no different culture to God, there is wicked and righteous, belief in the rising of Jesus Christ ( so we stop idolatry/coveting) or no belief and worshipping of what everybody wants instead on this earth.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

When will any of you people on the forum ever have sincerity and honesty ?

I know the people of the forum think they get away ( for now) with creating whatever they want to, but why do they think judgement day wont be answered foe what is ignored right now ?

It is proven immediately, how ungodliness is ruling for the ones who live on this forum, and think that a created question such as japan participating in idolatry, and creating threads for cultures.

God has instructed all the world together, ( all the world is commanded to repent by the death and rising again of Jesus Christ, assured by God. Acts 17:30-31.)

That is why the instruction is for those who have bodies on the earth, as their coveting is IDOLATRY.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

There is no different culture to God, there is wicked and righteous, belief in the rising of Jesus Christ ( so we stop idolatry/coveting) or no belief and worshipping of what everybody wants instead on this earth.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Just one thing to address. God himself separated peoples into groups. As such, He, Himself, intended there to be different cultures. So He is not at all ignorant of there being different cultures. This is likely difficult to accept and even harder to understand if you’ve never left your own.

When someone asks a question they are asking a question like the OP did. No need to start labelling the forum ungodly. No church is godly. It's full of sinners. That's what the church is, it's full of sinners who are learning. If the church was for the righteous only then it would be empty. Even Noah got drunk and naked, Moses murdered a man, Peter denied Christ 3 times. Paul tried to destroy the church.

There are wise elders here who will have there say and people can take there advice or leave it.

I'm still on milk an got issues but some people are solid. There is Leaders on the forum who give solid scriptual opinions.

Last edited:
Just one thing to address. God himself separated peoples into groups. As such, He, Himself, intended there to be different cultures. So He is not at all ignorant of there being different cultures. This is likely difficult to accept and even harder to understand if you’ve never left your own.

God intended there to be separation, that is what God did, but people created their own culture. ( own false beliefs)

God it is testified, winked at that, but then by the death and rising again of Jesus Christ( for all men and n o difference in cultures) commanded all men to repent( of their beliefs and cultures and separations)

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

It is humbling to go to a different culture and find that culture has more Christlike elements than your own. People sometimes resent their own cultural ways being less christlike. Others embrace this and become more christlike in those ways.

I learned more christlike hospitality from Asians. I learned flexibility in planning from the island peoples. I learned to speak and then love truth from the Germans. These enhanced the deeper christian teachings I had learned from the Americans.

God intended there to be separation, that is what God did, but people created their own culture. ( own false beliefs)

God it is testified, winked at that, but then by the death and rising again of Jesus Christ( for all men and n o difference in cultures) commanded all men to repent( of their beliefs and cultures and separations)

Acts 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
You’ve likely never left your own culture and don’t know you have one and didn’t leave it when you became a christian. Christians in other cultures are different than christians in your culture.

When someone asks a question they are asking a question like the OP did. No need to start labelling the forum ungodly. No church is godly. It's full of sinners. That's what the church is, it's full of sinners who are learning. If the church was for the righteous only then it would be empty. Even Noah got drunk and naked, Moses murdered a man, Peter denied Christ 3 times. Paul tried to destroy the church.

Noah was a preacher of righteousness. ( being naked was not unrighteousness) To bring the flood upon the WORLD OF THE UNGODLY.

Moses was faithful in all his house, meek above all on earth ( so those on earth were the true sinners) and Moses is a testimony of Christ afterwards too.

Peter had no Spirit of Christ until Christ was glorified, then Peter could confess Christ with boldness.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

Hebrews 3:2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

Hebrews 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Back