Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Discrimination against tennis champion Margaret Smith/Court

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

OzSpen

C F Martin D28 acoustic guitar
It's time for the Australian Open Grand Slam tennis championships. Up to now, the leading Grand Slam singles female champion is Margaret Smith (Court), being the winner of 24 Grand Slam events. She is now pastor/preacher of a large Pentecostal Church (Victory Life Centre), Perth WA.

She is attacked especially by the media for her stand for what the Bible says about marriage and that caused her to oppose same-sex marriage.

You know what has hit the fan again? She has been awarded the Companion of the Order of Australia and there has been a hullabaloo by the media and some others.

Would you please join me in responding to my article published only a few hours age in On Line Opinion: When will bigots quit bullying Margaret Court? OLO is an Australian secular ejournal.

It has only been uploaded a few hours and there already are antagonistic comments. I'd sure appreciate if more evangelical Christians would join me in the public square as I address some issues relating to how people and Christianity are treated by media and politicians.

Blessings in Christ,

Oz

Freedom of belief and opinion with open honest discussion.

kiwidan,

Are you agreeing to bullying of Margaret Court by the media and Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews?

Is bullying included in your "freedom of belief and opinion"?

Oz

kiwidan,

Are you agreeing to bullying of Margaret Court by the media and Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews?

Is bullying included in your "freedom of belief and opinion"?

Oz

I believe in freedom of belief and opinion as thats what the countries values are based on and i believe in open honest peaceful discussion.

That should be enough to answer your question.

Do i agree with bullying someone for there personal belief or opinion on something?, of course not.

Last edited:
I'll have to wait until morning when I can get the verification key sent to her e-mail. Then I'll post. I'm gonna keep it rather generic though. I won't go into the main causes of homosexuality or I'll really rile up everybody and distract from the main subject. If I did things would get real ugly real quick. I'll just support you.

Ozpen you might be surprised to know that I was just as appalled as you, by the treatment of Margaret Court.
I support her freedom to speak . I don't necessarily agree with her fundamentalist views. But she really is a victim of smart alec Christian haters, probably atheists.
Victorian premier Andrews and an ex abc journo were particularly hurtful.

What really sickened me was last year's Australian tennis open.
McEnroe and Navratilova were holding up a sign against Court getting a stadium named after her. That was despicable. Evil personified. I like Margaret Court. I think she is quite decent.

Does anyone really care about tennis anyway?.

I dont play or watch tennis so i really dont give a crap or even know anyones names, unless i got a multi bet going and best they win.
that's not the point .

I don't care for fishing,boating but if you were bullied ,I would .

I feel that for me to respond to the goats isn't wise ,but maybe others

that's not the point .

I don't care for fishing,boating but if you were bullied ,I would .

I feel that for me to respond to the goats isn't wise ,but maybe others

Yea it is the point. Put everything i said in one post and it comes down to i dont give a crap about tennis or the players but i believe in there personal freedom of belief and opinons, just as you dont give a crap about my fishing, but you still accept my beliefs and opinions and respect open honest discussion as much as i respect yours. We have many time agreed to disagree and we been friends for years and years. Thats great.

Last edited:
I'll have to wait until morning when I can get the verification key sent to her e-mail. Then I'll post. I'm gonna keep it rather generic though. I won't go into the main causes of homosexuality or I'll really rile up everybody and distract from the main subject. If I did things would get real ugly real quick. I'll just support you.

Dan,

Biblically, we are told the causes of homosexuality and it's not sexual orientation. God's view is in Romans 1:18-32 (NIRV).

Oz

Does anyone really care about tennis anyway?.

I dont play or watch tennis so i really dont give a crap or even know anyones names, unless i got a multi bet going.

Kiwi,

The issue I raised has nothing to do with whether you like tennis or not. I attempted to show how bigots (they don't call themselves that) bully a champion Grand Slam tennis player, Margaret Smith (Court), for her biblical views on marriage and sexuality.

Please stay on topic, Kiwidan.

Oz

"18God shows his anger from heaven. It is against all the godless and evil things people do. They are so evil that they say no to the truth. 19The truth about God is plain to them. God has made it plain."

The problem I see is that Christians can use these verses to demonise others. The problem is always "out there" and "society's" fault. This gives them an excuse not to look within themselves and see the lack of goodwill and sinfulness.

Sorry Oz. You are probably sick of my input here. But the treatment of Court I have taken personally. Upsetting me.
On the other hand, if we quote the Bible and not expect a reaction, we are living in lala land. And I ask myself "is she really saying what God wants to say?" Does God want us to be so provocative? I'm not sure he does. He wants us to be sensitive communicators when possible. Isn't it better to not say such things in public? I certainly wouldn't say that.

Back