Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do animals go to heaven?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

theLords

Why or why not?

Personally, I saw yes. If earth is a flawed reflection of what heaven truly is than why can't animals go to heaven? Dogs are a beautiful representation of the unconditional love of the Lord. :yes They don't call them man's best friend for nothing. Although, we can certainly do without bugs and snakes and spiders :verysick

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him..."

Dear Lord, :pray

I would like a maltese in heaven.

:amen

MALTESE_03_Gizmo_playing_10.JPG

Animals are in heaven, but they don't go there. This earth is a mere shadow of what already exists in the Kingdom.

theLords--I want two of those, please! OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Animals are in heaven, but they don't go there. This earth is a mere shadow of what already exists in the Kingdom.

theLords--I want two of those, please! OH MY GOODNESS!!!
That has come to be my understanding too. Especially if Heaven is going to be another Garden of Eden...there were animals there.

However i don't think our pets or animals that are currently on earth shall go to heaven.

Oh, and I want one too! :bounce

Why or why not?

Personally, I saw yes. If earth is a flawed reflection of what heaven truly is than why can't animals go to heaven? Dogs are a beautiful representation of the unconditional love of the Lord. :yes They don't call them man's best friend for nothing. Although, we can certainly do without bugs and snakes and spiders :verysick

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him..."

I don't think you would necessarily like to have anything other than God in heaven...

and to serve God in perfection

might not get it:biggrinunno

i've heard animals don't have a soul...

oh well

Only God knows

Why not? :shrug

My earthly father gives me presents, but my Heavenly Father does so with an even greater measure! :)

Why can't I have the pony I always wanted, but was unable to have when I get to heaven? :chin

Why not? :shrug

My earthly father gives me presents, but my Heavenly Father does so with an even greater measure! :)

Why can't I have the pony I always wanted, but was unable to have when I get to heaven? :chin

why would you have needs and wants in heaven

how do you even know what is there

you would probably want to get down a praise God for eternity before you'd want a horse

wow, just wow

I don't think you would necessarily like to have anything other than God in heaven...

and to serve God in perfection

Sure we do! God is preparing a place for each one of us according to our personal preferences and tastes! It is His pleasure to do so! The Kingdom is our home! It's a place of physical perfection and it is FULL of wonderful things all integrated in one heavenly continual theme: God is all in all forever--and Jesus is Lord and King!

By the way, there are MILLIONS of horses in heaven, and at least one is yours!

That has come to be my understanding too. Especially if Heaven is going to be another Garden of Eden...there were animals there.

However i don't think our pets or animals that are currently on earth shall go to heaven.

Oh, and I want one too! :bounce

uh, the city of new jerusalem descends from heaven to the new earth.

we aint stayin in heavan forever.

otherwise why would jesus say this

the meek shall inherit the earth?

I agree with Alabaster. We will be raised in body AND in spirit. Since animals don't have spirits, they won't be raised. But who knows? Perhaps God will have a maltese that is quite close to yours become a lasting friend. :)

I thought your maltese was a bichon, like our Snowball. Trade? ;)

View attachment 1707

why would you have needs and wants in heaven

how do you even know what is there

you would probably want to get down a praise God for eternity before you'd want a horse

wow, just wow

I don't know what is there, but a girl can dream, no? :biggrin

Who's to say that I can't go horse back riding with the Lord? Or that Father God can't take me to the zoo? Then we can go to the art museum, get ice cream, and have a picnic! Yay, fun :clap :tongue:tongue:tongue

I agree with Alabaster. We will be raised in body AND in spirit. Since animals don't have spirits, they won't be raised. But who knows? Perhaps God will have a maltese that is quite close to yours become a lasting friend. :)

I thought your maltese was a bichon, like our Snowball. Trade? ;)

View attachment 1866

That's not a picture of my puppy, I found that one on the internet. I can post a picture of our pup later :biggrin

I think animals go to heaven, how can such cutie pies not? Stray animals especially need to go to heaven to know the Lord's love, they never knew love while on earth :sad

Why or why not?

I don’t know why animals wouldn’t go to heaven.

there won't be a need for a zoo in heaven, we don't know what it will be like.

do not shoot down my answers

TheLords- i challenge you to a debate.

All we know is that we are there to glorify God, like we should be doing here on earth.

A heaven fixed to our likings-- all of our likings are fueled by sin.

Get it right....

All we know is that we are there to glorify God, like we should be doing here on earth.

Get it right....

I'm not shooting down anything. No one knows what heaven is like except for the testimonies we've heard and our own speculation and the limited revelation we have from the Bible. Therefore we can allow our imaginations to run wild!

You're right, a zoo would not be proper as it takes poor little animals captive and keeps them locked in cages, perhaps I should ask for a farm or a safari insted! :chin

I'm not going to debate you. This is simply a fun little conversation as there is no Scriptural evidence to clearly support either side. All we have to bring to the table is our own thoughts and perspectives on the matter and that can be a treat :)

Not all of our likings are fueled by sin, we are new creations in Christ, we have been redeemed by his blood. I like to draw, sketch, paint and I often make things for the Lord. I also like to exercise and often quote Scripture or try to memorize it while I exercise. Both of these likes are edifying and causing me to grow spiritually. Why can't I continue with these likes in heaven? They glorify the Lord. I don't see the problem :shrug

Get it right....

You get it right, Oats.

God loves us so much! He has created us with individuality--we appreciate or are drawn to certain things and not others. He has created us like that! Our homes in heaven waiting for us will be custom built for us! The City of God will come down to earth where we will live forever! It will be as God has designed it in the first place: perfect and without the blight of sin.

If you study the word, you can glean much about heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn’t true, is it?

No, it isn't. For example,

I like reading the Bible. Is that fueled by sin?
I like having felloship with other Christians Is that fueled by sin?
I like listening to Christian music. Is that fueled by sin?

No, not everything we like is fueled by sin.

No, it isn't. For example,

I like reading the Bible. Is that fueled by sin?
I like having felloship with other Christians Is that fueled by sin?
I like listening to Christian music. Is that fueled by sin?

No, not everything we like is fueled by sin.

i didn't mean those kinds of likings.

im our sin nature nothing outside of what does holy spirit inspires is righteous.

if you truly enjoy reading the bible it is the holy spirit
please stop looking down on me

Back