Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you agree, or disagree?

Does a genuine believer who stops believing and dies in that unbelief remain saved?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This is simple.
I'm curious. I want to know how many in this forum agree that the genuine believer who later stops believing is still saved despite them still being in unbelief on the day they died. Of course, there are probably an endless array of reasons why one would vote 'yes' or 'no', so just pick one and if you need to explain your answer, do that in a post.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
If one stops believing I do not see them still saved. One must believe to be saved. imo

This is simple.
I'm curious. I want to know how many in this forum agree that the genuine believer who later stops believing is still saved despite them still being in unbelief on the day they died. Of course, there are probably an endless array of reasons why one would vote 'yes' or 'no', so just pick one and if you need to explain your answer, do that in a post.
Why are so concerned about eveyone else as though you yourself have nothing to be concerned about?

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
If one stops believing I do not see them still saved. One must believe to be saved. imo
Thank you for addressing it as your opinion rather than demanding that we accept it as a fact as others here try to do.

Yes. I say this from a personal standpoint because I no longer believe a lot of dribble from the potential of eternal damnation camps of believers who have effectively cut the churches to smithereens in little tiny pieces.

I no longer believe any of them. And it has been a delight to thumb my nose at their various phony doctrines.

IF someone needs to see this in scripture, they will. If they don't want to see it, they won't no matter how many times they see it.

It has been one of the greatest pleasures for my own life to take off the possible eternal damnation judgment glasses I used to wear when I engaged any believer. It was too big of a burden to wear. I could no longer bear the hypocrisy of that garb, personally. I just didn't realize at the time I was weaving that garment how heavy it would become over time and it took no small amount of resolve to ask Jesus how to remove it.

Last edited:
I want to know why people do not resist the hyper-grace doctrine threads in this forum. A good place to start was to simply ask them the question in the OP.
You have quoted to me in the past that you don't agree with hyper-grace doctrine and if memory serves me correctly and correct me if I'm wrong that it seems to you that it promotes antinomianism (we can sin all we want and still be saved) I have to say that I don't see that in the hyper-grace theology.

I have to say that I find it very difficult to beleive that if the Holy Spirit convicts someone of their unbelief in God and
they respond with belief and faith in Jesus that God would allow them to go back to the state of unbelief. Jesus himself said that those the Father has given me will not perish/be lost, he also said that those those wander from the path I will seek them out and bring them back on my shoulders.

I do think we need to be careful to judge those that we think have have lost their faith. I stopped going to church for a long long time, I never lost my faith but I just couldn't take the battering that life had dealt me (but I always believed that Jesus Christ is the son of God who died and rose again for me) and the sad thing is I was being battered by people in the church. I struggle with this and that my faith was weak maybe I wasn't a Christian because because of the things I struggled with.

Sad fact is that in the church today is that we shoot the wounded rather than nurse them back to health.

I want to know why people do not resist the hyper-grace doctrine threads in this forum. A good place to start was to simply ask them the question in the OP.

IF members dont resist the hyper-grace then why o why do we mods spend so much moderating them? :wall

I grew up with an alter call about every service.. folks getting re-saved week after week. specially after Saturday night.. I grew up believing at any minute Jesus could return and YOU better be prayed up.. Scary stuff... I was about 40 years old before i was willing to accept a Christian could be Christian and smoke.. I woud come home from school if mom was not home i would panic.. rapture happened i am not saved...

read some Bible asking God to unlearn me of a lots of church/denomination stuff.
then i tilted to complete OSAS.... do what ever and your saved...
At this time in my life.. I know beyond a doubt i am saved because of HIS Sacrifice not of my own... I
also can read Scripture and grasp there is a way His followers lived.. The failed, so says the rooster , but got up and continued on... James tells us of good works not for our salvation but because of it..
How we live matters to what degree i dont have a clue but i can clearly see it matters..
The Scriptures are full of warnings of not sinning.. why if it doesnt matter..

putting my staff hat back on...

IF members dont resist the hyper-grace then why o why do we mods spend so much moderating them? :wall

I grew up with an alter call about every service.. folks getting re-saved week after week. specially after Saturday night.. I grew up believing at any minute Jesus could return and YOU better be prayed up.. Scary stuff... I was about 40 years old before i was willing to accept a Christian could be Christian and smoke.. I woud come home from school if mom was not home i would panic.. rapture happened i am not saved...

read some Bible asking God to unlearn me of a lots of church/denomination stuff.
then i tilted to complete OSAS.... do what ever and your saved...
At this time in my life.. I know beyond a doubt i am saved because of HIS Sacrifice not of my own... I
also can read Scripture and grasp there is a way His followers lived.. The failed, so says the rooster , but got up and continued on... James tells us of good works not for our salvation but because of it..
How we live matters to what degree i dont have a clue but i can clearly see it matters..
The Scriptures are full of warnings of not sinning.. why if it doesnt matter..

putting my staff hat back on...
I think what you just said is that none of us have all the answers.

This is simple.

The bible is very clear that once a believer you can't lose your salvation:
John 10:27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

If you can lose salvation through "unbelief"...that is if you once were a true believer then the bible is wrong and you can be snatched from Jesus' hand.

What ever it is that caused "unbelief" is nothing more than a form of deception from the truth. That what caused the deception leading to unbelief would then be considered as snatching you from Jesus' hand....which the bible says can't happen.

Back