Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you have to be a pacifist if you want to be a Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Ervin

Okay. In the movie the passion of Christ Jesus says that those who live by the sword will die by the sword. I am at the moment complaining about mental health services. And I am apealing the decision of the mental health review board to keep me on the community treatment order. I got schizophrenia about seven years ago and mental health services(psychiatrists and psych nurses) are involved in my life and they are forcing me to take pharmaceuticals against my will. Pharmaceuticals that have shocking side effects and long term effects. They want to keep me on it for the rest of my life even though I have somehow managed to prove that I don't need them.

Ok, now if I was to follow Jesus, would I not have to just agree with them, take the drugs, not fight them in court and keep my mouth shut or should I fight in court for justice and dob them in to the commissioner wich is what I am doing.

I mean they are not giving me any way out. They are comparing me to people who persistently don't want to stop using illegal drugs, alcohol and crime. I don't do that any more and have proven my self for years now. In approximately last eight years I took drugs once for sure maybe twice and I drank alcohol about three times. I have been involved in some fights but not many.

If I was to follow Jesus What do I do? To fight or not to fight(in court).

And also, what about killing someone as a policemen or a soldier? Or as a civilian citizen in self deffence?

Thanks

Yours is a medical issue - not a religion one.

I don't get it what you are trying to say wayseer. Isnt religion suposed to tell us how to act in all circumstance or are you saying that the Bible doesn't have answers for these particular questions?

I am an Ordained Catholic Priest, a combat Marine Corps veteran, I also suffer from PTSD and anxiety. I am assured of my salvation because I wholeheartedly trust and believe Jesus is my salvation.
Have I killed? Yes, in military combat
Meds for PTSD and Anxiety? Yes
"Live by the sword, die by the sword" is nothing more than this. If you go around starting fights as an aggressor then it will come back to haunt you.
Jesus knew he was to die as the ultimate sacrifice, Peter cuts the Roman's ear. Jesus heals the ear to show compassion.
The meds are tools given by God to be for you so you can function.

if I was to follow Jesus, would I not have to just agree with them, take the drugs...If I was to follow Jesus What do I do? To fight or not to fight(in court).
This has nothing to do with following Christ or not. You should stay on them because of this:

And also, what about killing someone as a policemen or a soldier? Or as a civilian citizen in self deffence?
You've admitted you have serious mental health issues and now - if I'm reading this right - you're looking for Biblical justification to kill cops???

Take this for what you paid for it: take your meds and talk to your mental health professionals about this. The very idea that you would even entertain something like this supports your need to stay on the meds both for your own good and the good of those around you.

For what it's worth.

This has nothing to do with following Christ or not. You should stay on them because of this:

You've admitted you have serious mental health issues and now - if I'm reading this right - you're looking for Biblical justification to kill cops???

Take this for what you paid for it: take your meds and talk to your mental health professionals about this. The very idea that you would even entertain something like this supports your need to stay on the meds both for your own good and the good of those around you.

For what it's worth.

Stormcrow, you have totally misquoted and taken out of context what I am saying. I had a mental illness that was I.terfiering with my life. I don't believe that I have that any more. I believe that God has cured me. All I feel now is strong presence if God and if you want to diagnose that we an illness go and join the atheist materialist doctors.

And I didn't admit that I want to kill the cops. What I am asking is how about cops killing criminals in line of duty or soldier in what's a justified war or if someone attacks me and unjustifiedly tries to kill me that. What do you think I am?

My faith in God is greater than faith in Mind altering pharmaceuticals.

Remember psychiatrists are diagnosing religious belief more and more as an illness. I once told the psychiatrist that I think some things that happened to someone close to me was Gid punishing/ testing me and he wrote that down against me as a delusion and one of his constant questions is can you feel Gods presence? And then he provokes me by telling that I think I am special because I feel God.

He Dr S...us has said that a book God is not great written by Christopher Hitchens is a great book. The biggest mistake I have made was asking psychs for help. My mother didn't want to take time to take time to help me so she just told me that I need to see a psych, so I did.

Last year I came out if psychosis naturally without drugs and lasted for about 42 days but they arrested ne and forcibly injected me about five times in a week. And this was when I was well. I ended up wich such bad anxiety that I contemplated suicide because of the pain of medication. I had to take other strong legal drugs to try and numb the pain out. Etc, etc, etc.

Please don't tell me about a so called illness that I had for about six and a half years?

Thanks

Back