Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Do you have to prove God exists?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We hear it all the time. I don’t believe God exists. Prove God exists to me and I will become a believer.
Well, what does the Bible say about this? Are you required to prove God exists?
What if there is a better way to defend God? And, it is told right in the Bible.
Wouldn’t you want to know? Plus, you would be a more effective witness producing more fruit for the Kingdom of God.

Who wants to be a more effective witness for Jesus? Let us know what your thoughts on this subject are.

Be encouraged and… Praise God!

A witness never proves anything. A witness only truthfully shares what he/she believes or knows. I don't think it is possible for a human to prove the existence of God but what we can do is be witnesses to that truth.

It's the Holy Spirit to moves a person into belief. I believe Martin Luther said it well when he wrote, "I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him; but the Holy Ghost has called me by the Gospel, enlightened me with His gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith;" (Luther's Small Catechism, Book of Concord, 3rd Article)

A witness never proves anything. A witness only truthfully shares what he/she believes or knows. I don't think it is possible for a human to prove the existence of God but what we can do is be witnesses to that truth.

It's the Holy Spirit to moves a person into belief. I believe Martin Luther said it well when he wrote, "I believe that I cannot by my own reason or strength believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him; but the Holy Ghost has called me by the Gospel, enlightened me with His gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith;" (Luther's Small Catechism, Book of Concord, 3rd Article)
Excellent quote and Dr. King demonstrates humility and submission to the Holy Spirit which is responsible for our abilities to overcome our sinful nature. Praise God!

As WIP said, none of us can prove God exist. Only to our self do we know He does as we seek His face and His Holy Spirit reveals Himself to us. To show others that God does exist is that of our witness and testimony of what God has done so far in our lives. Testimonies are our greatest witness to others.

Back