Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the political system need to fail before people wake up?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There is only one thing I fear in this world and for some weird reason it's tornados. I even have nightmares about them. I don't know why but they disturb me and freak the absolute crap out of me. I can't even watch a video of one. I'm terrified of tornados. Nothing else in this world worries me. Just tornados. It's like my weakness and phobia.

Well you can't do much in a tornado. We can build buildings that could withstand a tornado (I remember reading something about it years ago) but money seems to always be standing in the way of making that happen.

Tornados are dangerous but thats pretty known. Can't write a law on banning tornadoes. I'm not terribly worried over them but pray that I never have to be faced with one.

Can't change the laws of nature with that but I once too drove aggressively but seen how futile and pointless it is, people these days can't figure it out, unwilling to learn let alone have consequences to driving unsafely in which when they do end up facing consequences end up taking someone elses life or their life.

Well you can't do much in a tornado. We can build buildings that could withstand a tornado (I remember reading something about it years ago) but money seems to always be standing in the way of making that happen.

Tornados are dangerous but thats pretty known. Can't write a law on banning tornadoes. I'm not terribly worried over them but pray that I never have to be faced with one.

Can't change the laws of nature with that but I once too drove aggressively but seen how futile and pointless it is, people these days can't figure it out, unwilling to learn let alone have consequences to driving unsafely in which when they do end up facing consequences end up taking someone elses life or their life.
You put them below the ground or build dirt up to them .

Hi MayGodHeal
but I once too drove aggressively but seen how futile and pointless it is,
Right! And since you're now smarter and wiser about it, nobody else gets the chance to grow up that way...is that about your position? You're special, but everyone else should listen to your warning because you grew out of the exact same thing you're condemning them of. Sounds like just a tip of hypocrisy.

God bless,
Ted

miamited I'm sure people have commented about my driving habits being that way. I honestly wished the police pulled me over for tailgating someone, but instead I learned the hard way and rear ended someone that doesn't tailgate someone else. No damage was done other than my vehicle.

I've gotten pulled over for speeding and learned my lesson there. People are speeding, tailgating others, driving recklessly yet they're not learning.

They'll slow down to look at a car accident but not slow down afterwards not thinking that their aggressive driving could be a problem that causes these accidents. So no they're not learning

You have to basically pull these aggressive drivers and give them fines, if that doesn't work then raise the fines, after so many reckless driving then lose their license but you actually have to have police out there with whatever resources they need so they can do their job and start disciplining drivers. Because these people will get into an accident and go right back to aggressive driving. One driver mounted so many tickets even when they lost their license they kept right on driving. You have to change tactics so they will finally learn their lesson. Otherwise that lesson is they'll end up killing someone or themselves.

I've gotten pulled over for speeding and learned my lesson there. People are speeding, tailgating others, driving recklessly yet they're not learning.
And you have no self-awareness that you are condemning yourself for the very same behavior. How do you know they're not learning. I know just about every speed trap site in my little town. Are you actually following people around after they got a ticket to see if they then start driving properly, like you did after you got your one and only ticket in life...or didn't you learn right away either?

You hypocrite.

Your stuff don't stink and now that's just made you an angry old man who is just mad at life in general because...well, just because the world isn't going the way you think it should.

Look, you've got your life to live and I honestly offer that there is a way in which you can spread just a bit more joy to the world. His name is Jesus. When we trust in him, these worldly cares become pretty dim in comparison. If one is a believer in the one true and living God, then that person knows that the world is never going to go the way of christian faith and practices. That's in the book. But we do know that it is going the way God has told us it would be going, and that's good for me. These things must come before our Lord returns. Maranatha!!!!!

God bless,
Ted

Basements. Unfortunately not everyone has a basement.
You can build basements even where I live by raising the house as I said and the first floor is concreted and pile driven in.i posted a former speak easy now a house that has one today and had a door with a tunnel to a dock behind it. Let me post that again

And you have no self-awareness that you are condemning yourself for the very same behavior. How do you know they're not learning. I know just about every speed trap site in my little town. Are you actually following people around after they got a ticket to see if they then start driving properly, like you did after you got your one and only ticket in life...or didn't you learn right away either?

You hypocrite.

Your stuff don't stink and now that's just made you an angry old man who is just mad at life in general because...well, just because the world isn't going the way you think it should.

Look, you've got your life to live and I honestly offer that there is a way in which you can spread just a bit more joy to the world. His name is Jesus. When we trust in him, these worldly cares become pretty dim in comparison. If one is a believer in the one true and living God, then that person knows that the world is never going to go the way of christian faith and practices. That's in the book. But we do know that it is going the way God has told us it would be going, and that's good for me. These things must come before our Lord returns. Maranatha!!!!!

God bless,
Ted

If they were learning they wouldn't be doing it. The only time I ever see these people stop driving aggressive is when there is a police presence.

And I didn't regularly drive aggressively either. I learned pretty quickly that tailgating people only gets you in trouble and actually incites road rage. I haven't done it for over a decade. Plus we're talking side roads vs highways. It's rude and inconsiderate when tailgating someone, it's a major safety risk when you're tailgating on the highway. I already knew this based on physics on how fast you can stop going 60mph or faster. My car may be able to stop quicker than the driver behind me, especially if they're driving a semi.. tailgating someone at 50+mph is just asking for an accident at this point.

The fact people do this on the highway is just unacceptable, let alone going around traffic at highway speeds.

You can build basements even where I live by raising the house as I said and the first floor is concreted and pile driven in.i posted a former speak easy now a house that has one today and had a door with a tunnel to a dock behind it. Let me post that again

Well I'm in a townhouse style condo with attached garages. It could probably be done but it might be expensive depending on how they did the foundation. There are many other units you would have to do to look uniform.

Well I'm in a townhouse style condo with attached garages. It could probably be done but it might be expensive depending on how they did the foundation. There are many other units you would have to do to look uniform.
You could just build a shelter in that case .

You could just build a shelter in that case .

True, though we don't really get tornados. The worst was in Chicago where I work they got a Derecho. I remember growing up in by around the same area we lived in we had a severe thunderstorm that we had rotation go over our home. Wasn't enough for a funnel but I remember I had a bad migraine, but something told me to go look outside at the clouds and sure enough they were rotating.

We lost power and had a flooded street but that was the worst of the storm.

It just amazes me how people are so blind to all the evil in this country or defending it. Christians of all people should be aware of this.

So, are they going to be held accountable and recieve a penalty?

As usual probably not. We don't hold Democrats the same way as Republicans. If a Republican leadership did that the left would be all over it.

Almost like Americans like having poor roads, being told what to do by political leaders and banning stuff to buy new stuff...

As usual probably not. We don't hold Democrats the same way as Republicans. If a Republican leadership did that the left would be all over it.

Almost like Americans like having poor roads, being told what to do by political leaders and banning stuff to buy new stuff...

In my country I only remember once a politician was held accountable. They tried by pass security at the airport because they believed they were important than everyone else, and they just got small fine, obviously the tax payers covered that fine because they pay his salary anyhow and his expenses.

In my country I only remember once a politician was held accountable. They tried by pass security at the airport because they believed they were important than everyone else, and they just got small fine, obviously the tax payers covered that fine because they pay his salary anyhow and his expenses.

Oh wow. Well it seems that the debt limit crisis could happen.. it's possible anyway. I'm not sure whether or not they're telling the truth that it will affect our economy. I do know it will negatively affect the Biden administration. They have been crossing the line one too many times already.

Back