Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the political system need to fail before people wake up?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oh wow. Well it seems that the debt limit crisis could happen.. it's possible anyway. I'm not sure whether or not they're telling the truth that it will affect our economy. I do know it will negatively affect the Biden administration. They have been crossing the line one too many times already.
Hi MayGodHeal

Most people vote the last six months of an incumbent's record. So, you might consider that there is another scenario to come out of this.

The debt 'crisis' gets taken care of. The fed stops raising interest rates and the conflict in Ukraine does come to an end with Russia backing down. All that over the next six months. The stock market begins to climb again and everybody gets happy juiced and the 6 months of Pres. Biden's administration, prior to the election, has the nation, economically, going gangbuster.

Pres. Biden gets re-elected. Especially if the contest winds up between him and Grump. And honestly, I would venture that even if the markets aren't gangbuster by then, Biden beats Grump.

God bless,
Ted

Hi MayGodHeal

Most people vote the last six months of an incumbent's record. So, you might consider that there is another scenario to come out of this.

The debt 'crisis' gets taken care of. The fed stops raising interest rates and the conflict in Ukraine does come to an end with Russia backing down. All that over the next six months. The stock market begins to climb again and everybody gets happy juiced and the 6 months of Pres. Biden's administration, prior to the election, has the nation, economically, going gangbuster.

Pres. Biden gets re-elected. Especially if the contest winds up between him and Grump. And honestly, I would venture that even if the markets aren't gangbuster by then, Biden beats Grump.

God bless,
Ted

The debt crisis has never been taken care of. Otherwise we wouldnt be dealing with it now. You don't want Trump, fine but America can't have another 4 years of Biden either. His administration is a disaster and a disgrace to this country.

The debt crisis has never been taken care of. Otherwise we wouldnt be dealing with it now. You don't want Trump, fine but America can't have another 4 years of Biden either. His administration is a disaster and a disgrace to this country.
Well, you're right that the debt has never been taken care of. Most of the crisis is because we came up with some rule 100 years ago that makes it this big political brouhaha to raise the nation's ability to pay its bills. But the only way to get a handle on bringing down the debt is to spend less money or take in more revenue. On the spending side, that's the job of the legislature to oversee and control how much is spent on all of the various and sundry federal programs. On the revenue collection side, well that's up to the legislature to establish the proper tax rates and collection procedures.

So, this problem with debt has never been an issue of 'who' sits in the big seat. It's a matter of the bunch that spends all the money not being fiscally responsible. That problem doesn't seem to be a straightforward Democrat vs. Republican issues. Republican bills and laws that get passed cost as much as Democratic bills and laws that get passed.

I think Pres. Biden has done a fair job at running the nation so far, but I'm all in for someone different than either Grump or Biden being on the final ticket.

God bless,
Ted

My country is a less less miserable this year going from in the Annual misery index poll. Last year we was 151 out of 156 countries listed, and now its 104th. The higher the ranking the more miserable the country. I guess people are slowly starting to heal from lockdowns and are a little less miserable now.

Spent $7.5 billion on charging stations alone and have nothing to show for it besides a debt default. The politicians deserve every bit of criticism on this. I am aware of all the other wasteful spending but this takes the cake on spending $7.5 billion so the 1-2% can have more charging stations.

I feel bad for those who may not get social security funding, so the rich can charge their EVs, hopefully they'll have enough to get by.

If we don't hold our government responsible for this mess then it's going to get worse. Hopefully this is a wake up call because people need to wake up now.

Spent 7.5 billion so a handful of people can charge there cars?. Lol.

A city here was going to spend nearly a billion dollars to build a walk and cycle path across a bridge that no one would use. Thankfully that got pulled.

Spent 7.5 billion so a handful of people can charge there cars?. Lol.

A city here was going to spend nearly a billion dollars to build a walk and cycle path across a bridge that no one would use. Thankfully that got pulled.

Well it's more than a handful, probably so a million people could charge them but does nothing for those who drive gas vehicles. But it is still a huge waste of taxpayer money. They bet more people were going to buy one and they lost that bet.

I even said it in the beginning, today less than 6% are buying a plug in vehicle. Could have probably paid their bills on time saving that $7.5 billion alone. Now the U.S. government can't pay their bills.

Back