Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Don't Copy Cool

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hldude

“Don’t Copy Cool”
Romans 12:2 NLT
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

One of the things I’ve always enjoyed about working with computers is using the copy code. I’ve used this so many times through my life and it saves so much time from having to write things out each time. I can just copy and paste. I’m sure many of you as well really enjoy using this feature. I have used it many times with various jobs I have and I use it daily in my current office job. It is so convenient just copying the info I want to move to a different place instead of taking the time to type everything out all over again.

While this copy feature is amazing, I cannot help but think how this carries over into my life and walk with God. I have so often become so accustomed to copying so much over into my life that seems way easier than doing what God asks me to do. I see so many things in life that look way cool and I just copy and paste it into my walk with God. However, many of these things He does not like. I tend to copy a lot of customs and behaviors from the world into my life that I shouldn’t.

I find myself so often copying what the world does and then I wonder why my walk with God doesn’t improve. This is a daily challenge and I’m sure it is for so many of you as well. It is so much easier to just copy what the world does instead of going against the flow and being transformed as God wants us to be. We all know it is much wiser to do what God wants, but our flesh often wins over and we slip the customs and behaviors of this world into our daily lifestyle. We do what we shouldn’t do, go where we shouldn’t go and say things we shouldn’t say. We just blend right in and we copy the world’s version of “Cool”.

Friends, we are called to not copy the “cool” of this world, but instead being transformed and set apart. We cannot just mimic what the world does because it’s more convenient to fit in. God wants our lives to be dramatically different than the world. Our lives need to look totally separate from the rest of the world.

As much as I like the copy and paste feature of computers and it brings much efficiency to my daily work, this should never flow into my walk with God as I’m so often tempted to just copy and paste the worldly values and fit in.

Don’t copy “cool”. Instead, be transformed and renewed.

Back