Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dream of a skunk .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

hawkman

Staff member
One night I had a dream , here it is . I dreamed my wife and I were sitting in our front yard about ten feet from where our car was parked . We saw a skunk walk between us and the car and I was thinking " Oh no it is going to spray !" but in my dream the skunk did not spray and walked off , end of dream .

Later in the day a thought came to me and I asked my wife did she smell a skunk last night as we slept . She said " Yes it was terrible in the house and she just happened to be awake when the smell started !"

I never smelled one whiff of the skunk but I did see it in my dreams 😂 .

I've had a few experiences with skunks. We live on a small hobby farm and we have cats, dogs, and horses. When we moved here we converted an old chicken coop into a horse barn. In the fall it is not uncommon for skunks to enter that barn looking for a place to spend the winter I suspect. We kept our horse feed in a couple 30-gallon plastic garbage containers and one evening I was preparing the horse stalls to bring the animals in for the night. While I was scooping grain out of one of those tubs I could smell the odor of skunk. I thought to myself, "This grain sure smells skunky. It must be getting old or something." When I returned to the tub a second time I caught some movement between the tubs on the floor. It was a skunk! Fortunately it didn't get into a self-defense mode.

Another time while putting grain in one of the horse stalls I happened to catch movement out of the corner of my eye and it turned out that I was in the 10' x 10' stall with a skunk. Again, I got lucky that it didn't unload on me.

One other time I was out in our pasture spraying some tall pig weed with 2,4-D when suddenly I was surrounded by three baby skunks at my feet. Needless to say, I slowly backed away and hoped with all my being that those babies didn't follow and mom wasn't seeing it.

Back