Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

EU on the Patio

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

Polish sausage, German potato salad and Irish stout.
51211677561_879c922b50_b.jpg

It's sunset. The Golden hour when ever image looks good. Mrs. B decided it would be nice to eat on the patio, and when I saw setting (after I had a bite of the sausage), I realized it would make a nice image.
:thumbsup

I hated too much sun....
After 4 pm was always better.

Ok.... well... Barbarian .... You simply CANNOT post that picture... and NOT supply the recipe for the potato salad.
Can you ask Mrs. Barbarian for the recipe please... I have ONLY ever eaten potato salad with mayonnaise based dressing.... This looks DIVINE.... and HAHA.... It wasn't until you said that you took a bite before taking the picture that I noticed a BITE out of your sausage....

I have to ask you to explain to me what STOUT tastes like.... I am a white ale (wheat beer ) kind of gal... My favorite beer I have ever tasted is called Hoe Gaarden.... It's a Belgium beer... with coriander in it... It is lovely... Stout on the other hand is a different story... I just can't get over the aversion I have to it... but I would use it for cooking a stew.

I know this thread has died.... I am bringing it back to life... LOL

Ok.... well... Barbarian .... You simply CANNOT post that picture... and NOT supply the recipe for the potato salad.
Can you ask Mrs. Barbarian for the recipe please... I have ONLY ever eaten potato salad with mayonnaise based dressing.... This looks DIVINE.... and HAHA.... It wasn't until you said that you took a bite before taking the picture that I noticed a BITE out of your sausage....

I have to ask you to explain to me what STOUT tastes like.... I am a white ale (wheat beer ) kind of gal... My favorite beer I have ever tasted is called Hoe Gaarden.... It's a Belgium beer... with coriander in it... It is lovely... Stout on the other hand is a different story... I just can't get over the aversion I have to it... but I would use it for cooking a stew.

I know this thread has died.... I am bringing it back to life... LOL
I also will be waiting for Barbarian 's recipe.
Looks like potatoes fried in bacon oil, with the bacon, herbs and parsley sprinkled on top.
Might try it tonight....
unless he writes first, but he's not around often enough.

I also will be waiting for @Barbarian 's recipe.
Looks like potatoes fried in bacon oil, with the bacon, herbs and parsley sprinkled on top.
Might try it tonight....
unless he writes first, but he's not around often enough.
I could look it up on line... I love recipes and making new things... but that plate looked so yummy that I am holding out for the original Barbarian style potato salad... LOL

wondering ... AND.... I am going to be a REAL BEBEL and guess that there has to be some kind of acid in there also... some kind of vinegar. There's always vinegar... LOL

Yes, a bit of vinegar. I'll ask Mrs. B for the recipe today. I do most of the cooking, but this dish, I cannot do as well as she does. Unfortunately, I have to watch my weight, so it's only an occasional treat.
I have to ask you to explain to me what STOUT tastes like
It's a dark beer, with lots of roasted malt in the ferment. Mild hops flavor, often with a bit of sweetness behind the dominant bitter taste. There's many craft stouts out there, but my favorite is a mass-produced stout, Guinness. I like coffee stouts and chocolate stouts, occasionally. I'm not a person who drinks beer every week, but when I do have one, I like a dark, full-bodied beer. In Texas, there's a small brewery in Shiner, which makes Shiner Bock, a very good brew as well.

Yes, a bit of vinegar. I'll ask Mrs. B for the recipe today.

It's a dark beer, with lots of roasted malt in the ferment. Mild hops flavor, often with a bit of sweetness behind the dominant bitter taste. There's many craft stouts out there, but my favorite is a mass-produced stout, Guinness. I like coffee stouts and chocolate stouts, occasionally. I'm not a person who drinks beer every week, but when I do have one, I like a dark, full-bodied beer. In Texas, there's a small brewery in Shiner, which makes Shiner Bock, a very good brew as well.
Oh, that Adoration is a smart gal !!

t's a dark beer, with lots of roasted malt in the ferment. Mild hops flavor, often with a bit of sweetness behind the dominant bitter taste. There's many craft stouts out there, but my favorite is a mass-produced stout, Guinness. I like coffee stouts and chocolate stouts, occasionally. I'm not a person who drinks beer every week, but when I do have one, I like a dark, full-bodied beer. In Texas, there's a small brewery in Shiner, which makes Shiner Bock, a very good brew as well.
Even the chocolate parts don't do it for me... LOL.... I'm not much of a drinker... but I will stick to a nice glass of red... I can't find my favorite beer here where I live. That's what happens when you move from a city of 250,000 to only 55 thousand.

Even the chocolate parts don't do it for me... LOL.... I'm not much of a drinker... but I will stick to a nice glass of red... I can't find my favorite beer here where I live. That's what happens when you move from a city of 250,000 to only 55 thousand.
How about one of 8,000,000 to one of 5,000?
😲

The recipe is on the other thread, but here:
2 pounds either red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 pound bacon
1 large onion (approximately 3/4 cup) chopped
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely

1. CUT UP POTATOES INTO PIECES IN WHATEVER BITE-SZED SHAPE PREFERRED (CHUNKS OR ROUNDS). IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO PEEL THE POTATOES.
2. BOIL POTATOES UNTIL TENDER WHEN PIERCED WITH A FORK
3. DRAIN POTATOES AND SET TO THE SIDE
4. COOK BACON IN A LARGE SKILLET (YOU WILL BE ADDING THE POTATOES LATER).
5. REMOVE BACON AND DRAIN ON PAPER TOWEL.
6. PLACE CHOPPED ONION IN SKILLET (HEAT LOWERED) AND COOK UNTIL TRANSLUCENT. SOME OF THE BACON FAT MAY HAVE TO BE REMOVED IF THERE IS TOO MUCH FAT TO SAUTE THE ONIONS PROPERLY. DO NOT OVER BROWN THE ONIONS.
7. COMBINE THE VINEGAR, SUGAR, SALT, PEPPER, AND MUSTARD IN A SMALL BOWL OR CUP AND WHISK.
8. POUR THE VINEGAR/SUGAR MIXTURE INTO THE SKILLET AND STIR ON LOW TO MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL THE MIXTURE STARTS TO BUBBLE AND THICKEN.
9. TURN DOWN THE HEAT TO EITHER OFF OR JUST WARM. ADD THE POTATOES, TOSSING THEM SO THE POTATOES ARE THOROUGHLY COATED WITH THE MIXTURE.
10. CRUMBLE THE BACON PIECES OVER THE MIXTURE AND TOSS INTO THE POTATOES.
11. SPRINKLE THE FRSH CHOPPED PARSLEY OVER THE POTATOES AND CAREFULLY CONTINUE TOSSING UNTIL THE PARSLEY IS ALSO SLIGHTLY COATED.
12. POTATOES CAN BE PLACED IN A DISH OR SERVED FROM THE SKILLET. GERMAN POTATO SALAD CAN BE SERVED WARM OR IT CAN BE REFRIGERATED AND SERVED COLD.

Back