Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Evangelizing UR to my Sister's Friend Who is Muslim

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:12 PM

That’s similar to my brother’s beliefs as well so that’s interesting, older brother intuition. There’s a lot to read so I’ll probably reply in smaller chunks

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Interesting. Not just your brother's beliefs that are similar, but also because as soon as you sent this message, I literally just sent a Christian Universalist message to another friend right now.

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Divine timing I guess

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Also, no worries about replying in smaller chunks btw. I try to make my replies short sometimes... but they end up kinda long lol. One Discord friend I talked to "can.of.soup", I put our responses together and it's 41 914 words. So like ... oops kinda wrote a whole novel XD

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Im really sorry to hear about your experience but I’m glad that you found your way through god, I’m also grateful you’re able to share that experience with me because that’s somewhat similar to my situation. It must take a lot of courage to be able to forgive those people

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Maybe you could write a book one day, I would definitely check it out (I’m also planning to check out ur website in a second)

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:19 PM

I guess this could be like a book already XD I might have to break all my writings until different novels tho

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:21 PM

Thank you, as well for listening. I evangelize on many Discord servers, I usually just get kicked out. It's not often people read what I write, so I appreciate this

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:22 PM

Thats amazing honestly, even with my own journey, reconnecting with god has offered me a lot of peace. Props to you for helping this person reconnect with their faith

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:24 PM

Honestly, I used to be the type of atheists who would watch videos disproving God. I would even try to censor religion before. In terms of life and death, I found that God is life. Like my life support sorta. I'm also sorry to hear that you went through a similar situation my friend :sad God's forgiven me for my mistakes so I think it's fair to forgive people for their mistakes too

Oh, I gotta go up and see my mom and sister, I just heard them from downstairs, will be back later

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:28 PM

I have never quite been an atheist but I did fall into the category of agnostic because I felt as though none of the religions really resonated with me. I think one of the most interesting things is that in my holy book, bees are described using feminine conjugaisons, theres no way they would’ve known that worker bees are female on their own (I feel like I’m explaining this terribly). It’s also very interesting how our religions (the abrahamic ones) all connect

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:29 PM

No worries

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:41 PM

Hell is a very complex topic, I do agree that I think everyone will eventually enter heaven however I do think that god is just and people (such as murderers) will experience some form of punishment. It’s interesting to see where our beliefs differ.

Thus my reply is as follows

Hi, I’m back Incarnate my friend :biggrin. Interesting. I’ve also met other agnostics before. I think a lot of people start out as agnostics before choosing the religion they wish to follow. But I’m glad that you were able to find information on your own religion. :) Knowledge overall is important and I think my mistake as an atheist before was trying to disprove the notion of a particular God and assuming all ideas of God was like that.

Specifically, the notion of God I set out to disprove was a God that tortures or destroys people in Hell forever. I think I did succeed. But I falsely assumed as an atheist that either God exists and tortures/destroys people forever or God does not exist at all. I failed to consider at the time an option where, God exists and does not torture/destroy people forever.

Hmm... interesting you should mention that bees are described using feminine conjugations in your holy book. In my holy book, bees are also always describes using feminine conjugations.

```https://biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_1682.htm

1682. דְּבוֹרִים (deborah) has 4 instances in the Christian Bible```

```Deuteronomy 1:44 and the Amorite who is dwelling in that hill-country cometh out to meet you, and they pursue you as the bees do, and smite you in Seir -- unto Hormah. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/1-44.htm

the bees.

הַדְּבֹרִ֑ים (had·də·ḇō·rîm)

Article | Noun - feminine plural

Strong's 1682: The bee```

```Judges 14:8 and he turneth back after some days to take her, and turneth aside to see the carcase of the lion, and lo, a company of bees are in the body of the lion -- and honey. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/judges/14-8.htm

of bees,

דְּבוֹרִ֛ים (də·ḇō·w·rîm)

Noun - feminine plural

```Psalm 118:12 They surrounded me like bees; they went out like a fire among thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off! (ESV)
https://biblehub.com/psalms/118-12.htm

like bees;

כִדְבוֹרִ֗ים (ḵiḏ·ḇō·w·rîm)

Preposition-k | Noun - feminine plural

```Isaiah 7:18 In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is at the end of the streams of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria. (ESV)

https://biblehub.com/isaiah/7-18.htm
and for the bee

וְלַ֨דְּבוֹרָ֔ה (wə·lad·də·ḇō·w·rāh)

Conjunctive waw, Preposition-l, Article | Noun - feminine singular

(NIV translates this as “bees” plural even though Strong’s Concordance says it’s “bee” singular lol)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_bee

Scientifically, Worker bees (with queen) A worker bee is any female (eusocial) bee that lacks the full reproductive capacity of the colony's queen bee

https://onehoneybee.com/are-all-worker-bees-female-and-what-about-drones/

All worker bees are female.

So I agree with you there. And don’t worry, I think I get your explanation. Ancient writers at this time, thousands of years ago before modern science, would have no way of confirming that all worker bees are female. For me, it shows that these texts are divinely inspired.

Yes, for me it shows that at least the God of Abraham is the one true God. The female bees would be just one of many proofs to that. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the Holy Book that you read, my friend? It’s interesting that many Abrahamic religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam have similar source material at times. So much so that many more relatively recently-developed faiths like the Baháʼí and Samaritanism like to claim Abrahamic classification too. It shows that believing in the God of Abraham is a strong foundation.

Oh yes, but I believe that all people who sin (like the sin of murder) will experience the natural consequence and punishment for their sins, which is at least death. All murderers will at least recognize that they have sin (meaning repentence) and thus recognize a need for some way to remove that sin. It’s much better to not sin, then to sin due to the guilt, the suffering, that people experience.

```Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins shall die.```

I see Sheol/Hades, the realm of the dead, as temporary mental anguish. The punishment will be temporary and won’t last forever. Specifically because, all people who have sin are incomplete. Since sin represents imperfection. And God would want to complete all of creation. A loving God would want to have all of His creation be perfect.

```Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.```

The way I personally see it is, the more someone sins, the more suffering they inflict on themselves and on others. Since sin = death = hatred of others and God = life = love of others, the more someone disobeys God, the shorter their lifespans become.

```John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar```​

```Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death```​

We were originally created to life forever. Perfect genetics. Yet, after disobeying God (sin) in the Garden of Eden by eating the Forbidden Fruit, his lifespan drastically shortened. Genetic mutation.

```Genesis 5:5 So Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. ```

Still a pretty long time though. But now, humans struggle to reach even 120 years.

```Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”```​

Side note: Hebrew לְעֹלָ֔ם olam = Genesis αἰώνιος, ία, ιον aionios = everlasting = eternal = forever = permanent = perpetual = agelong = pertaining to an age. Moving from “age of sin” to “age of no sin”.

https://www.biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_5769.htm

https://biblehub.com/greek/166.htm

The only way for creation to be perfect, to live forever, is to have no sin. So for me, I look forward to the day when all peoples of all nations can be with the God of Abraham together in paradise. It may take a while, but eventually we’ll get there. God’s love is stronger than even the most evil persons hate after all. The Lord’s blessings of joy to you my friend, hope you have a wonderful day today :biggrin

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:12 PM

That’s similar to my brother’s beliefs as well so that’s interesting, older brother intuition. There’s a lot to read so I’ll probably reply in smaller chunks

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Interesting. Not just your brother's beliefs that are similar, but also because as soon as you sent this message, I literally just sent a Christian Universalist message to another friend right now.

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:14 PM

Divine timing I guess

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Also, no worries about replying in smaller chunks btw. I try to make my replies short sometimes... but they end up kinda long lol. One Discord friend I talked to "can.of.soup", I put our responses together and it's 41 914 words. So like ... oops kinda wrote a whole novel XD

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:17 PM

Im really sorry to hear about your experience but I’m glad that you found your way through god, I’m also grateful you’re able to share that experience with me because that’s somewhat similar to my situation. It must take a lot of courage to be able to forgive those people

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Maybe you could write a book one day, I would definitely check it out (I’m also planning to check out ur website in a second)

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:19 PM

I guess this could be like a book already XD I might have to break all my writings until different novels tho

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:21 PM

Thank you, as well for listening. I evangelize on many Discord servers, I usually just get kicked out. It's not often people read what I write, so I appreciate this

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:22 PM

Thats amazing honestly, even with my own journey, reconnecting with god has offered me a lot of peace. Props to you for helping this person reconnect with their faith

jesus-saves-all.com — Yesterday at 9:24 PM

Honestly, I used to be the type of atheists who would watch videos disproving God. I would even try to censor religion before. In terms of life and death, I found that God is life. Like my life support sorta. I'm also sorry to hear that you went through a similar situation my friend :sad God's forgiven me for my mistakes so I think it's fair to forgive people for their mistakes too

Oh, I gotta go up and see my mom and sister, I just heard them from downstairs, will be back later

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:28 PM

I have never quite been an atheist but I did fall into the category of agnostic because I felt as though none of the religions really resonated with me. I think one of the most interesting things is that in my holy book, bees are described using feminine conjugaisons, theres no way they would’ve known that worker bees are female on their own (I feel like I’m explaining this terribly). It’s also very interesting how our religions (the abrahamic ones) all connect

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:29 PM

No worries

Incarnate — Yesterday at 9:41 PM

Hell is a very complex topic, I do agree that I think everyone will eventually enter heaven however I do think that god is just and people (such as murderers) will experience some form of punishment. It’s interesting to see where our beliefs differ.

Thus my reply is as follows

Hi, I’m back Incarnate my friend :biggrin. Interesting. I’ve also met other agnostics before. I think a lot of people start out as agnostics before choosing the religion they wish to follow. But I’m glad that you were able to find information on your own religion. :) Knowledge overall is important and I think my mistake as an atheist before was trying to disprove the notion of a particular God and assuming all ideas of God was like that.

Specifically, the notion of God I set out to disprove was a God that tortures or destroys people in Hell forever. I think I did succeed. But I falsely assumed as an atheist that either God exists and tortures/destroys people forever or God does not exist at all. I failed to consider at the time an option where, God exists and does not torture/destroy people forever.

Hmm... interesting you should mention that bees are described using feminine conjugations in your holy book. In my holy book, bees are also always describes using feminine conjugations.

```https://biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_1682.htm

1682. דְּבוֹרִים (deborah) has 4 instances in the Christian Bible```

```Deuteronomy 1:44 and the Amorite who is dwelling in that hill-country cometh out to meet you, and they pursue you as the bees do, and smite you in Seir -- unto Hormah. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/1-44.htm

the bees.

הַדְּבֹרִ֑ים (had·də·ḇō·rîm)

Article | Noun - feminine plural

```Judges 14:8 and he turneth back after some days to take her, and turneth aside to see the carcase of the lion, and lo, a company of bees are in the body of the lion -- and honey. (YLT)

https://biblehub.com/judges/14-8.htm

of bees,

דְּבוֹרִ֛ים (də·ḇō·w·rîm)

Noun - feminine plural

```Psalm 118:12 They surrounded me like bees; they went out like a fire among thorns; in the name of the LORD I cut them off! (ESV)
https://biblehub.com/psalms/118-12.htm

like bees;

כִדְבוֹרִ֗ים (ḵiḏ·ḇō·w·rîm)

Preposition-k | Noun - feminine plural

```Isaiah 7:18 In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is at the end of the streams of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria. (ESV)

https://biblehub.com/isaiah/7-18.htm
and for the bee

וְלַ֨דְּבוֹרָ֔ה (wə·lad·də·ḇō·w·rāh)

Conjunctive waw, Preposition-l, Article | Noun - feminine singular

(NIV translates this as “bees” plural even though Strong’s Concordance says it’s “bee” singular lol)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_bee

Scientifically, Worker bees (with queen) A worker bee is any female (eusocial) bee that lacks the full reproductive capacity of the colony's queen bee

https://onehoneybee.com/are-all-worker-bees-female-and-what-about-drones/

All worker bees are female.

So I agree with you there. And don’t worry, I think I get your explanation. Ancient writers at this time, thousands of years ago before modern science, would have no way of confirming that all worker bees are female. For me, it shows that these texts are divinely inspired.

Yes, for me it shows that at least the God of Abraham is the one true God. The female bees would be just one of many proofs to that. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the Holy Book that you read, my friend? It’s interesting that many Abrahamic religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam have similar source material at times. So much so that many more relatively recently-developed faiths like the Baháʼí and Samaritanism like to claim Abrahamic classification too. It shows that believing in the God of Abraham is a strong foundation.

Oh yes, but I believe that all people who sin (like the sin of murder) will experience the natural consequence and punishment for their sins, which is at least death. All murderers will at least recognize that they have sin (meaning repentence) and thus recognize a need for some way to remove that sin. It’s much better to not sin, then to sin due to the guilt, the suffering, that people experience.

```Ezekiel 18:20 The soul who sins shall die.```

I see Sheol/Hades, the realm of the dead, as temporary mental anguish. The punishment will be temporary and won’t last forever. Specifically because, all people who have sin are incomplete. Since sin represents imperfection. And God would want to complete all of creation. A loving God would want to have all of His creation be perfect.

```Proverbs 27:12 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.```

The way I personally see it is, the more someone sins, the more suffering they inflict on themselves and on others. Since sin = death = hatred of others and God = life = love of others, the more someone disobeys God, the shorter their lifespans become.

```John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar```​

```Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death```​

We were originally created to life forever. Perfect genetics. Yet, after disobeying God (sin) in the Garden of Eden by eating the Forbidden Fruit, his lifespan drastically shortened. Genetic mutation.

```Genesis 5:5 So Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died. ```

Still a pretty long time though. But now, humans struggle to reach even 120 years.

```Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”```​

Side note: Hebrew לְעֹלָ֔ם olam = Genesis αἰώνιος, ία, ιον aionios = everlasting = eternal = forever = permanent = perpetual = agelong = pertaining to an age. Moving from “age of sin” to “age of no sin”.

https://www.biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_5769.htm

https://biblehub.com/greek/166.htm

The only way for creation to be perfect, to live forever, is to have no sin. So for me, I look forward to the day when all peoples of all nations can be with the God of Abraham together in paradise. It may take a while, but eventually we’ll get there. God’s love is stronger than even the most evil persons hate after all. The Lord’s blessings of joy to you my friend, hope you have a wonderful day today :biggrin

Back