Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Exercise, but Only in Clean Filtered Air

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Pollen in many cities is becoming intense. City planners are planting lots of super pollen producing vegetation. Several cities in Australia have had hundreds of people visit the emergency room due to pollen. London and Tokyo pollen levels are in the stratosphere. Yet another reason to run the air filters in your house.

Many city dwellers have been exposed to pollen for a long time now, and are developing an allergic reaction to it. The longer people are exposed to super pollen vegetation, the more intense the reaction. Its not just the quantity of pollen in the air that is responsible, vegetation has been chosen that has micro pollen, which is breathed deeper into people's lungs.
Can't really fix that.cities in rural areas such as mine have that problem .

City planners can plant trees with minimal pollen on public land. Educate people about pollen, and maybe some will choose minimal pollen vegetation for their private land.

City planners can plant trees with minimal pollen on public land. Educate people about pollen, and maybe some will choose minimal pollen vegetation for their private land.
Pine tree being one,grass another ,and others .mulberry,all natural.these are planted or have been oaks are too loved not to be and are often protected and my city being a tree city USA won't allow that I have seen companies spend days moving a few hundred old oak

People are more important than trees.
Most don't have the issues ,only of you,have allergies,pepper trees are too hard to kill,oaks are loved ,they are good shade etc.not many other trees could grow here that don't produce pollen .

Pines,Australia pines,cypress and evergreen all produce pollen year round,maple trees do as well and they grow here.eucalyptus trees,yup.these are fire hazards and I,won't plant one .

Ficus,banyan trees?nope damaging to water grids,and septic lines.jacaranda and others ya could .

The point is that more people are developing allergies due to constant exposure to super pollen. The pollen is starting to cause issues for general population.
The days from,lack of plants would be worse trust me I know desert ,dry air Is far,far worse.florida scrub isn't good at keepimg the sand down.

Palm trees and its cousins are a source of food .coconut and bananas,palm tree are a source of medicine and bees love them.no,bees.
The everglades has palms ,cypress naturally,as do the,marshes ,winds can carry sand to my state from,the desert and can cause allergies .i may have had that ,my point is unless you suggest drauning ng the swamp,here and killing swaths of oaks it will be.

No idea of natural local treeless yard will not,have a trade off.higher power bills ,sand being blown in,high winds .imho

Desert. Funny.

There is moderate pollen vegetation available that will get the job done without creating a desert. City planners have created the situation in many venues by selecting lofty pollen vegetation. They need educating.

Desert. Funny.

There is moderate pollen vegetation available that will get the job done without creating a desert. City planners have created the situation in many venues by selecting lofty pollen vegetation. They need educating.
No one here tells us what to plant.Only certain species are banned

My wife has allergies.her doctors said no,state has no pollen .Arizona has no year round ones but yeah desert sand and dry air far worse .

Not all of Arizona has dry, blowing dust. Only parts have haboobs, and they are nasty. Other parts only get little "dust devils" from time to time when the winds are right. Wildfire season is probably more threatening in parts than the dust. There are quite a lot of evergreen trees in Arizona despite it being desert. They don't do too bad, but when they get too dry of course it is a fire hazard and when they catch on fire...don't want that tree and its' pine cones going boom.

There are many native species of ragweed, too, and it is a perennial weed. Others have a lot of issues with Bermuda grass, desert brooms, mesquite, different types of palm trees, junipers, Russian thistles, etc.

Not all of Arizona has dry, blowing dust. Only parts have haboobs, and they are nasty. Other parts only get little "dust devils" from time to time when the winds are right. Wildfire season is probably more threatening in parts than the dust. There are quite a lot of evergreen trees in Arizona despite it being desert. They don't do too bad, but when they get too dry of course it is a fire hazard and when they catch on fire...don't want that tree and its' pine cones going boom.

There are many native species of ragweed, too, and it is a perennial weed. Others have a lot of issues with Bermuda grass, desert brooms, mesquite, different types of palm trees, junipers, Russian thistles, etc.
Pollen is only,a problem if you are allergic .as is with the cases,dry humidity is gonna cause problems .been there ,first experience with it and got asthma ,I breathe better in humid air .

Pollen is only,a problem if you are allergic .as is with the cases,dry humidity is gonna cause problems .been there ,first experience with it and got asthma ,I breathe better in humid air .

Thankfully I am not allergic to it unless it is super intense that year or I am pregnant.

Most people probably breathe better with humidity. I know I do. Going from high altitude with dry air to sea level and humid air makes me feel like I could carry the world, I have so much more energy. I know I feel totally better with humidity. A humidifier and monsoon seasons are as close as I get.

Humidity helps ward off illness, too. Flu rates get bad with the dry air because bacteria can hang around in the air much longer.

Turn your air filter on before exercising on your treadmill.
Old thread but a good one :) ! And I have something to add .

My wife has HEPA air filters at work and we use them at home also , no covid for either of us so far praise God .

From the link .
"HEPA air filters are able to effectively remove nearly all particles as small as 0.1 microns out of the air by capturing 99.7% of particles that are 0.3 microns and an even higher percentage of larger particles. Because of its particulate trapping qualities, HEPA air filters are an effective line of defense in combating the spread of COVID-19 within indoor environments."

Does a HEPA Filter Remove Viruses Like COVID-19?

Back