Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Familiar with Hanegraff?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hanegraaff’s defection from evangelicalism after three decades as an influential evangelical teacher is likely to have damaging repercussions for years to come. Those of us who remain convinced evangelicals need to answer this and other challenges by speaking the truth in love.
http://www.religiousresearcher.org/...raaff-converts-to-eastern-orthodoxy/#more-746

I am not familiar with him but thought it was an interesting article. Also an essay refresher on Eastern Orthodoxy from a protestant perspective.
https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/eastern-orthodoxy/

I'll be interested in reading your links. I have listened to him off and on over the years. I have never nailed down what 'denomination' he was, and never cared. I just enjoyed listening to his thoughts on questions asked.

But I have, in recent months, seen a huge - I mean big - swing toward the Orthodoxy perspective. It was very interesting to say the least.

Hanegraaff’s defection from evangelicalism after three decades as an influential evangelical teacher is likely to have damaging repercussions for years to come. Those of us who remain convinced evangelicals need to answer this and other challenges by speaking the truth in love.
http://www.religiousresearcher.org/...raaff-converts-to-eastern-orthodoxy/#more-746

I am not familiar with him but thought it was an interesting article. Also an essay refresher on Eastern Orthodoxy from a protestant perspective.
https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/eastern-orthodoxy/
I listened to the Bible Answer-man Show every day I possibly could when I was first saved and though I can no longer receive that station, I still use the institute's web site at equip.org. He is a very fundamental believer and answersw every question from the scriptures, a great teacher of Christianity.

I'll be interested in reading your links. I have listened to him off and on over the years. I have never nailed down what 'denomination' he was, and never cared. I just enjoyed listening to his thoughts on questions asked.

But I have, in recent months, seen a huge - I mean big - swing toward the Orthodoxy perspective. It was very interesting to say the least.
Hank was one of the pentecostal persuasion that, openly, destroyed the evidence of salvation as being the evidence of salvation.

Yea, I guess I will not be able to truly listen to him like I did before. Not that I am opposed to hearing what people of different viewpoints think(do so on here all the time :)), but I will have to be more critical in my listening than I was before.

I started to get that idea anyways, when so much of the stuff he said recently was really pushing toward this belief system. Hank always seemed to be the kind of guy that was cautious about this sort of stuff.

Bibleman/hank does a good job his stands by his own beliefs . some things i agree with him on some i do not. i do know he was raised a calvinist but does not hold to that doctrine. my only objection to him is he uses words i am not familiar with. he likes to talk in type conversation between university teachers. Jesus used the parables so the average person could relate . he end time belief is much different than others.

Bibleman/hank does a good job his stands by his own beliefs . some things i agree with him on some i do not. i do know he was raised a calvinist but does not hold to that doctrine. my only objection to him is he uses words i am not familiar with. he likes to talk in type conversation between university teachers. Jesus used the parables so the average person could relate . he end time belief is much different than others.

In the past it seemed to me his end times view lined up with mine. But from that article that civilwarbuff posted it seems that Orthodox holds to allmillineal view - which I do not hold too. It will be interesting to see if he starts answering end times questions from this point of view in a stronger way than before.

Lets be careful not to get too hard on some one ... especially someone who is in the eye of every one that is looking to find fault... I am not saying one way or the other about Hank... i have not followed him.. or his views... which among us has the same views we were 'born again' with.. I know i sure dont... I understand Hank to be ,because of the show etc is one of the leaders of Christianity all the more reason to pray for our leaders ... before we throw rocks.. not at all suggesting not to watch with a loving critical eye...

In the past it seemed to me his end times view lined up with mine. But from that article that civilwarbuff posted it seems that Orthodox holds to allmillineal view - which I do not hold too. It will be interesting to see if he starts answering end times questions from this point of view in a stronger way than before.
the way i look at hank is he is just a man who has done en depth studies in the Bible. he is prone to mistakes like anyone else. i don,t listen to him all the time. listening to Bible teachers has been compared to eating chicken eat the meat throw the bones away

Lets be careful not to get too hard on some one ... especially someone who is in the eye of every one that is looking to find fault... I am not saying one way or the other about Hank... i have not followed him.. or his views... which among us has the same views we were 'born again' with.. I know i sure dont... I understand Hank to be ,because of the show etc is one of the leaders of Christianity all the more reason to pray for our leaders ... before we throw rocks.. not at all suggesting not to watch with a loving critical eye...
I like the Greek Orthodox Church.
They drink real wine at their ceremonies and celebrations.
Lots of nice tradition that was probably always a part of Christianity until disco came along.
The lady who cuts my hair is a converted Greek Orthodox person and she is filled with the love of Jesus and can't stop talking about how wonderful her church organization is and the wonderful people inside of it.
And the priest, probably in his 60's is out there on the property several days per week grooming it to look good.
He has no reason to hire a landscaping crew.
He loves doing it himself, to please God.

It's people that talk about Christianity.
Don't be so technical about doctrine.
Our love for Jesus is far greater than some rules translated differently by so many.
This man who we're talking about, he must see a love emanating from this church that he sees in no other.
And don't dismiss that thought, it is powerful.

I'm sure I will still listen to his programs at times. I just cannot bypass what doctrine there is.

There are a lot of really nice, wonderful, people who believe in all kinds of false - I mean really false - doctrine. They have great fellowship with each other, and lots of 'love'.

There just has to be a certain amount of discernment when you deal with things like this. Even more so when they are teachers of such things. I won't judge him on his choices, but I will judge what I hear come from his mouth based on his choices.

It's a matter of which denomination has the hypocrisy that you can ignore the easiest. I understand why he chose what he chose. I just don't agree with it. But then again I ain't him.

Of but not in is difficult. Everyone has their own method. Hank needed a change. He is a very smart man who has issues like everyone else.

The part that really caught my eye was that the priest announced the conversion. Now I don't know much about how EO conversions are handled but I highly doubt that the priest publicly announces them. It seemed he was using the conversion as a 'coup' for his side......IMO.

The part that really caught my eye was that the priest announced the conversion. Now I don't know much about how EO conversions are handled but I highly doubt that the priest publicly announces them. It seemed he was using the conversion as a 'coup' for his side......IMO.
Good publicity for the church.
Why waste it?

Back