Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fantasizing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Francis

this prose is dedicated expressly to my fantasies about what the future holds. its supposed to be cheesy and ambitious.

Fantasy #1​

I picture a beautiful home with many rooms, so abundant in love its goodwill is projected outside its walls, spreading through all the homes around, the neighborhood and city, even towards people in far off places, those who have lost hope yet yearn for life.

The home is secure and evil doers fall to their knees if they so much as think evil of it or its inhabitants. It has a beautiful garden where fruit is plentiful, where flowers bloom, and where vines spread out through the fence reaching towards the light. There's a Golden Retriever laying down near the window door that leads to the kitchen and its smile is very human. There's a full fridge yet the most interesting thing in it is a carton of milk. Oh yeah, I like milk. There's two cars in the driveway, they aren't loud ones, they're modest and efficient.

A child is born and eventually turns three years old. We buy a trampoline and set it up in the backyard and the child tries to walk on it, giggling at the feeling of buoyancy; its something the child never felt before. And we are feeling for the first time what its like to watch our child on a trampoline. Its totally hilarious. Its a very specific event, which is why its almost magical. There's even butterflies around and they have beautiful blue wings. The mother of my child is laughing and her hair flows in the wind with majesty. Its spring and everything is so ALIVE. And I'm a Doctor and this is my day off. My mind is cleared of the stress of work; I'm re-energized.

In one of the rooms is an office, its floors are of garnished wood, it has a library full of holy books, and a window overlooking the garden, and at night the moonlight shines through and illuminates the portrait of Jesus on the desk, as if He were overlooking every data sheet organized on it, and reviewing every idea that's presented on paper (cause he 100% is). And then His light suddenly shines upon me and I see it; I see the medicine that will cure the people. Years of determined effort and sleepless nights and yet when the answer comes it seems so obvious! How had no one realized it before? Its not like the materials for its creation weren't there...well, doesn't matter, what matters is that billions of lives have been saved forever. They wont have to suffer anymore, not now or in the future, all because of that light that shined in the darkness, making an ordinary night into an EPIC and amazing one.

And to think it all happened in this one happy home. It wouldn't ever have been possible if not for the security it provided; its love, light, warmth, power, supply, sustenance, its happiness and playfulness which gave life meaning and strengthened my resolution. Oh, the desk and the computer also take some of the credit, achieving the task probably wouldn't have been possible without them. Angels come to visit, shining their light through every corner of the home. So much joy. We can dance in the house even though its 1am because its a lively home and we're pretty stoked right now and full of energy and insight. Outside its pitch black and the church three blocks away sleeps peacefully, its banner with the name of Jesus Christ on it doesn't shake or waver in the wind. Did I mention we're rich now? Yes, the patent on the medicine is ours and we're rich and we decide what we want to do with it and what we want to do is it to heal the world of sickness. We might even be so rich we can finance other thinkers into creating more solutions for the world's problems. Goodness is fractalized, exponentially spreading everywhere we touch. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives and we will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

this prose is dedicated expressly to my fantasies about what the future holds. its supposed to be cheesy and ambitious.

Fantasy #1​

I picture a beautiful home with many rooms, so abundant in love its goodwill is projected outside its walls, spreading through all the homes around, the neighborhood and city, even towards people in far off places, those who have lost hope yet yearn for life.

The home is secure and evil doers fall to their knees if they so much as think evil of it or its inhabitants. It has a beautiful garden where fruit is plentiful, where flowers bloom, and where vines spread out through the fence reaching towards the light. There's a Golden Retriever laying down near the window door that leads to the kitchen and its smile is very human. There's a full fridge yet the most interesting thing in it is a carton of milk. Oh yeah, I like milk. There's two cars in the driveway, they aren't loud ones, they're modest and efficient.

A child is born and eventually turns three years old. We buy a trampoline and set it up in the backyard and the child tries to walk on it, giggling at the feeling of buoyancy; its something the child never felt before. And we are feeling for the first time what its like to watch our child on a trampoline. Its totally hilarious. Its a very specific event, which is why its almost magical. There's even butterflies around and they have beautiful blue wings. The mother of my child is laughing and her hair flows in the wind with majesty. Its spring and everything is so ALIVE. And I'm a Doctor and this is my day off. My mind is cleared of the stress of work; I'm re-energized.

In one of the rooms is an office, its floors are of garnished wood, it has a library full of holy books, and a window overlooking the garden, and at night the moonlight shines through and illuminates the portrait of Jesus on the desk, as if He were overlooking every data sheet organized on it, and reviewing every idea that's presented on paper (cause he 100% is). And then His light suddenly shines upon me and I see it; I see the medicine that will cure the people. Years of determined effort and sleepless nights and yet when the answer comes it seems so obvious! How had no one realized it before? Its not like the materials for its creation weren't there...well, doesn't matter, what matters is that billions of lives have been saved forever. They wont have to suffer anymore, not now or in the future, all because of that light that shined in the darkness, making an ordinary night into an EPIC and amazing one.

And to think it all happened in this one happy home. It wouldn't ever have been possible if not for the security it provided; its love, light, warmth, power, supply, sustenance, its happiness and playfulness which gave life meaning and strengthened my resolution. Oh, the desk and the computer also take some of the credit, achieving the task probably wouldn't have been possible without them. Angels come to visit, shining their light through every corner of the home. So much joy. We can dance in the house even though its 1am because its a lively home and we're pretty stoked right now and full of energy and insight. Outside its pitch black and the church three blocks away sleeps peacefully, its banner with the name of Jesus Christ on it doesn't shake or waver in the wind. Did I mention we're rich now? Yes, the patent on the medicine is ours and we're rich and we decide what we want to do with it and what we want to do is it to heal the world of sickness. We might even be so rich we can finance other thinkers into creating more solutions for the world's problems. Goodness is fractalized, exponentially spreading everywhere we touch. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives and we will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Did you write the above?
It's great.
You'll get a better response if you post in The Lounge.
I wish an administrator would move it there.

Back